[Archive] Warhammer Fortress no longer available

Dînadan:

Just found out that the plastic castle kit has been put out to pasture:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Fortress;jsessionid=0404EED8DEA5D8FF2ECA97DC94A71F0E

Doombeard:

There’s a list of other non scenery stuff published today going extinct soon from the Empire and WoC ranges , things like Marauders and Chaos Warriors etc , don’t have the link to hand but its over on Warseer

Abecedar:

Typical GW procedure. I have no idea why they do it.

They did it with dreadfleet and I would have bought one when I’d saved up enough

Dînadan:

I expect we’ll get a new one to tie in with AoS, but this one will have skulls for the crenels and the gatehouse itself will be a giant skull. Oh, and each wall section will have a dozen regular skulls dotted around in place of bricks. And one section will have a big chunk missing from the outer layer of bricks revealing it’s crammed full of skulls. And it’ll cost £200 and will get pulled without warning 11 months down the line.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Doombeard:

buy one from this guy, way way cooler than the GW ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIZARD-TOWER-WARGAME-SCENERY-28-SCALE-UNPAINTED-/261910694737?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Dînadan:

I’d be a bit worried about using that in games - the info below says its ceramic; one accidental knock/drop and it could shatter if it falls far enough.

Zuh-Khinie:

You forgot that all skull-shaped doors and gates will have skulls instead of handles…

DAGabriel:

…and they are decorated with skulls!

Doombeard:

I'd be a bit worried about using that in games - the info below says its ceramic; one accidental knock/drop and it could shatter if it falls far enough.

Dînadan
I'd chuck it on a base with some nice stuff around it , bit of mdf or ply. You seen his castles? so badass!

Dînadan:

I'd be a bit worried about using that in games - the info below says its ceramic; one accidental knock/drop and it could shatter if it falls far enough.

Dînadan
I'd chuck it on a base with some nice stuff around it , bit of mdf or ply. You seen his castles? so badass!

Doombeard
Still doesn't help with the accidentally dropping part as you're setting up.

Doombeard:

True! Fragile stuff! Shame he makes it that way!

I reckon he’s available for commission work. Imagine getting him to make a ziggurat or something, would be great!