[Archive] Warlord Games - Plastic Romans

Xander:

http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/?p=106

I am really looking forward to these. They are starting preorders on April 19th, and they ship our on May 12th. £17 for 30 miniatures. So about half the price of GW plastics.

These would make a great DoW unit from the Republic of Remas. :wink:

Pretty sweet if you ask me. :hat off

FYI, this is the company Paul Sawyer is now working at. :slight_smile:

Canix:

They look great loads of spare stuff on the sprues and the transfers by little big man are superb:hat

They will be perfect for warhammer ancient battles seems GW is missing out again:o

torn:

these look really great - im assuming they are 28mm scale? it doesnt seem to say anywhere i can see. could be fun to paint up i reckon.

Xander:

Yes, it does say, 28mm. :slight_smile:

Canix:

Yes i have been thinking for a while about getting foundry roman but these plastic ones could be exactly what i am loooking for:hat

torn:

Yes, it does say, 28mm. :)

Xander
obviously i spent too much time reading the pictures and not enough time reading the words lol

the plastics look alright painted but are still limited by the amount of detail a plastic can hold. i think the metals will look even better, especially the standard bearer with animal hood.

GRNDL:

Wake me up when they come out with the Celts, Vikings and/or Saxons. Thats my niche. :slight_smile:

They do look really good. Perhaps its time for a historical/ancient wargaming revival.

Theory_Man:

Wake me up when they come out with the Celts, Vikings and/or Saxons. Thats my niche. :)

They do look really good. Perhaps its time for a historical/ancient wargaming revival.

GRNDL
If you are interested in historical/ancient wargaming, perhaps you would be interested in HMGS.

http://www.hmgs.org/

They hold some pretty good conventions, especially Historicon.

wallacer:

They are very nice, but to be honest I have no shortage of 28mm armies now.

I’d much rather do a 20mm Ancients army.

Xander:

Yes i have been thinking for a while about getting foundry roman but these plastic ones could be exactly what i am loooking for:hat

Canix
Exactly the same with me!

AGPO:

I’ll just get some because they look cool. If they do some cool looking barbarians I’ll get myself a shedload of them as marrauders for my chaos army. At the moment I’m looking for cool historical germans (Empire) Polish and Russians (Kislev) and Vikings (marrauders) as replacements for crummy GW work. I’m also hoping for some 28mm Napoleonic plastics so I can do truly huge battles.

Kera foehunter:

great find. the whole line of figures look cool .I hope we can get them in the US

Xander:

Pre-Orders are now available for plastic Romans! http://shop.warlordgames.co.uk/

I ordered a box of 20 guys. Total came to roughly 17.50 pounds, or 36 dollars Canadian after shipping. To get 20 models at GW, I’d have to buy two 10 model plastic box sets at 25 dollars each, plus tax, or $56.50. A savings of $20! :stuck_out_tongue:

So unless you are a part of the People’s Front of Judea, I suggest you grab a box. :slight_smile:

Canix:

Seems they are not the only ones going into plastics

http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html

Not napoleonics yet but i have thousands of metal 25mm napoleonics already :hat

Kera foehunter:

Wow they have a nice line of figures. i like the civl war (yea) thats was the first figures i got when i was young.

Canix:

AHA more is reaveled ,I got a free plastic roman with my wargames illustrated and when reading the article on them i discover that warlord games are owned by John Stallard and Paul Sawyer both ex GW .

Also the rules Blackpowder are written by Rick Priestly and Jervis Johnson so GW are missing a trick but these boys have sussed the move into other periods of wargaming:hat

AGPO:

I’ll have to get wargames illustrated this month then. Its often better than WD anyway

Ishkur Cinderhat:

They look very nice indeed. Then again, I really can’t think of anything I would do with plastic romans. ^^

AGPO:

Warhammer ancient battles?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Aye, if only anyone would play it…