[Archive] Was Hashut on vacation or what? 2500 pts vs Skaven

Singleton Mosby:

Today I had my game vs Skaven in a local league. Now I have a healhty respect for Skaven after having played only once against them so I had decided on quite te shooty army:

- Lvl 4 - hashut

- lvl 2 - Death

- BSB

- 2 Khans on wolf

----

23 blunderbusses

40 hobos with additional handweapons

2 rocket launchers

Magma cannon

3 Bull Centaurs

Hell Cannon

K’daai destroyer

----

And of we go…her army numbered 250 models. Rats, rats and more rats, a big zapgun, two doomwheels and a screaming bell.

She got the first turn and right away my plan to shoot the hell out of that ratty army went awry as the warpfire cannon scored a direct hit on my Hellcannon with strength 10…doing six wounds. Argh Hellcannon exit. The bell toiled and roled 11 giving every model with T7 d3 wounds…and off went a death rocket launcher, the other and the magma cannon getting two wounds each. :o

Her gutter runners entered the table and lo and behold, the magma cannon was destroyed by a good roll of the dice.

I hadn’t done a thing yet and already I had lost over 450 points and my entire artillery park minus one rocket launcher. So during my turn the destroyer moved forward, the bull centaurs wheeled to deal with the gutter runners and I attempted some magic… x.x

My lvl 4 used two dice to give the blunderbusses hatred…and roled two sixes, in the event losing three levels. WTF…but ok, I still had a level two and four remaining dice, let’s kill that BSB I can see there with some Death-magic. Yes, he did it a wound but also rolled double 6, got a wound from the detonation and another wound from failing his touchness test and so he was a goner (as was his scroll).

Now I never had such a disastrous first turn and I really though this game was all but over. It turned out to be really interesting however. The gutter runners managed to destroy my last piece of artillery in the second turn (so I had taken four pieces and not done a bloody thing with them!) and my K’daai was swamped with a hundred slave-rats. But that was the bad.

My blunderbusses excelled in the next five turns, obliterated a big unit of stormvermin with shooting, killing another in two rounds of combat and wiping out a 50 strong horde of slaves.

The hobgoblins did quite well as well, fighting off a doomwheel and a unit of slaves. My lvl 1 (ex lvl4) wizard managed to play Ashstorm two times on the Seeer and his bell disabling my opponents magic face. It was kinda tricky as he got another wound in the proces making him very vulnerable.

The K’daai was destroyed by the second doomwheel in turn four when it shot it at strength 10 scoring 7 wounds in total of which I saved none; exit K’daai. But not after having held up five units, destroying two of them.

In the end it was a titanic struggle, a fun game and a perfect draw. Both of us had 1200 points remaing, I had taken one more standard. I can only wonder what would have been if my artillery had played its part. :hat off

Da Crusha:

good job that was definitely an uphill battle after turn 1. they are a pretty tough match up for us because of there ridiculous numbers and the lack of ours.

Singleton Mosby:

good job that was definitely an uphill battle after turn 1. they are a pretty tough match up for us because of there ridiculous numbers and the lack of ours.

Da Crusha
It was an uphill battle indeed and I was really suprised when things didn't go downhill all the way. The Infernal Guards with Blunderbusses are really wonderfull against T3 enemies. Not only can they shoot a substantial ammount of them, they are sturdy enough in battle to win close combat as well.

Bolg:

Wow, I would have loved to see that, thanx for sharing.

Can Gutter Runners really enter the table on turn 1? that would be not like any other unit, Miners and the rest start rolling on turn 2.

Singleton Mosby:

Wow, I would have loved to see that, thanx for sharing.

Can Gutter Runners really enter the table on turn 1? that would be not like any other unit, Miners and the rest start rolling on turn 2.

Bolg
Think you are right and the gutter runners entered the table on turn 2 to do their work. There was also a banner hampering my artillery.

giantsquig :

The bell toiled and roled 11 giving every model with T7 d3 wounds

Singleton Mosby
I have been playing skaven since the new army book came out and when the bell is rung for the first time you can only role one die...so your war machines should have been around for at least one round of shooting. Other than that great battle report.