[Archive] What do you consider Cheesy?

Willmark:

At one time of a another we’ve all played against cheesy armies. How do you classify it?worst army you’ve played against?

Khaosbeardling:

I didn’t play against this guy, but I was at a Fare-Well-To-6th-Edition Tournament at my local Hobby store. This guy was playing chaos, khornate chaos to be precise. He had his lord on a demonic mount, two other guys on mounts/those wierd demonic khorne thingy-majiggers, and the rest was made up of khornate demons and a unit of khornate chosen knights. This was a 2000pt tournament, I was playing my all-goblin army. (Before I had my first CDs.) I felt sorry for the guys that had to play his army because it was just sooooo broken, it was ridiculous. There’s mine.

Pyro Stick:

I once played against this guys Empire (first and last time) and in his army (i cant remember the points value) he had Valten, Steam Tank, about 2000 points worth of heavy cavalry, cannons, mortars, hellblaster, loads of wizards and warrior priests, karl franz on his gryphon and much more. It was a ridicolous army to try go up against but i was forced into the game and it wasnt fun.

Uzkul Werit:

I’ve told this story many times. The guy was a Tomb Kings player and I played him during the second round of a 2000pts turnament. He had three Chariot units, a Casket, Ushabti and some Swarms. Needless to say, he was in my deployment zone in Turn One.

gIL^:

i frequantly fight a skaven army that has 16 magic dice, 10 jazails and warplighting cannon in 2000 pts

ashghar:

i’m sorry but frequently playing in italian rtt teach to me that italian players always plays sneaky lists , anti-game players and also don’t give a damn of background…

i’ve got to many tales about…

a different kind of italian player

wallacer:

A cheesed list is any list that does not give an opponent a fighting chance or negates their list to the extent that playing with it is no longer viable or entertaining.

AGPO:

I’d agree with that Wallacer. I don’t care if someone writes a competitive and challenging army list as I do often myself. I would say the skaven are the cheesiest army going (no pun intended) as winning or losing against them comes purely down to luck. In fact that would be my definition

curlybeard:

I played in a tournament, I was dogs of war - pre cds, he had wood elves - a unit of 5 wardancers, treeman, 2 x 5 glade riders and 2 wizards. I thought my enormous army with 2 giants would wipe him out, but everything was magical and moved about 10x faster than my troops. It was boring playing against him, he did go on to win however the whole tournament.

AGPO:

I think two giants is slightly more cheesy, he just sounds like a decent player. Afterr all, wood elf armies are supposed to be super fast

gIL^:

agreed with agpo,

Malificant:

cheesy? a 14 power dice necrarch VC army w/ the dice store item. a tzeentch daemonic legion of any description, the morgor spawn factory, or slayercult w/ maxed doomseekers.

oh, and SOC sylvanian army. skeleton crossbows? that can fire after being summoned? come on!

by the way, at adepticon for shits and giggles i brought a 3 model 1000 point army for the team tournament: chaos lord of tzeentch on tzeentch chariot, exalted champ of tzeentch on tzeentch chariot, and a thrid tzeentch chariot. my ally brought a dark emmissary, a dark elf sorceress, 2 reaper bolt throwers, and 30 RxBs. we lost all 3 games!

Sorgenkammer:

In my experience cheesy army’s are army’s that don’t rely on the general to determine a result.No matter how good the general these army’s will decimate the opponent.They usually include two of the same best rare choice for the army.

Eg.

2 steam tanks combined with magic in an empire army

in a skaven army 10-15 Jezzails With minimum number of slaves 2 warp lightning cannons and lost of rattling guns and magic, that just stand back and let the opponent advance.

2 Treeman and a bsb in wood elf army

2 skull catapults in a tomb king army

these army’s are not fun to play against and personally i don’t know why you would play with them, it really takes the fun out of the game.

AGPO:

Any army which turns the game into a dice rolling contest rather than a strategy game is cheesy

Willmark:

Any army which turns the game into a dice rolling contest rather than a strategy game is cheesy

AGPO
Tzeentch then anyone?????

rabotak:

Tzeentch!

…possibly HE with the new rules…

Uzkul Werit:

The new High Elves aren’t cheesey in the slightest. Infact if anything, they’re easier to play against because every HE isn’t stacked up with horses and magic.

rabotak:

just a guess, dont know any HE, I just dont like the thought of extended elites and rares together with speed of asuryan…and cheaper troops, but youre still right i guess

Willmark:

I play HEs and they have’nt been cheesy since 3rd edition days.

Malificant:

the extra rares dont mean a damn thing. thay can still take the same number of eagles or bolt throwers, and if they REALLY want to waste a buncha points on DOW and ROR then FSM bless them. the specials are a bit more of an eyebrow raise, but then again they needed a power increase as well. they are fine as is.