[Archive] What do you think of this? - OT Web update

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi everyone!

I just spent 5 hours re-designing my web site and I wanted to get a little feedback on it.

I tried to remove all the clutter and confusion from the site and tried to make it flow better and be more “User Friendly”. I also presented a “warmer” home page image to read rather than the “Let’s get to business” approach from before.

Hope this works out better for all!

Enjoy your experiance here : www.monster-hobbies.com

Trevor Ursulescu

Monster Hobbies

ryanamandaanna:

seems like a pretty good update… do you really only sell 10 GW products?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

seems like a pretty good update...  do you really only sell 10 GW products?

ryanamandaanna
Currently...yes...but we just got off the phone (remeber those - just kidding) with Games Workshop and we increased our Warhammer Fantasy collection to include all the core sets, the figure cases, some Green Stuff and more. We also special order GW items in as we are a small store.

Look for our upcoming store event in the December White Dwarf. (North American magazine)

Neil:

I think it’s a great improvement. I the past looking at the old website, I did find it difficult to find things, no such problem any more. If it weren’t for the fact your located in an Arctic wasteland about a gazillion miles from where I live, I’d order stuff from your site. I don’t think I would have wanted to do so based on the old site.

cornixt:

Surely you are allowed to show pictures of GW products, you just can’t use their pictures or just zoom in on the artwork.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

@ Niel - Artic Wasteland? Actually, Alberta is more of a dessert. We’re a few miles north of Montana, USA. Besides, we ship to the UK. (You just have to pay a touch more!)

@ Cornixt - I think I’d either have to build and paint the models, or open the boxes and take a picture of the sprue. I’m not sure I want to do that right now.

Bassman:

Actually, Alberta is more of a dessert.

Tarrakk Blackhand
Really? There is a dessert called Alberta? :hat off

Nice website. I really appreciate your business being a self entepreneure myself!

I'd love to support you but like many others, it's a non sense to let things go form this side of the pond to your side and then you have to send us back ;)

If one day I'll be in Alberta area.... I will stop at your shop! :)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Desert, dessert…one’s barren and the other is tastey. You take your pick! LOL!

Well, I did send a package to Barcelona, Spain this month. The shipping was high, but I don’t think they sell Tiki Mugs in Spain.

Well, even if you guys are a little too far away to buy from me, the help you are providing in reviewing the changes is well appreciated.

I had three little ideas this morning and I am wondering what you think of them :

Idea #1 : In the “Shopping Help” section, what if I explain the differences of the “Skill Levels” on the sides of the model kit boxes?

Idea #2 : Describe our shipping methods in the “Shopping Help” section and how I set up the shipping on the web site.

Idea #3 : Describe the role of paint and glue a little further in the “Shopping Help” section and offer some colour suggestions and the corrisponding paint colours of my avalible paints for certian models, like a monster kit, a Warhammer figure, a Millitary model and a model car.

Hopefully those 3 ideas can help someone in the model kit community. What do you think?

khedyarl:

Oh man, an Albertan!

Tarrakk, are you going to the OOTB tourney next summer? I’m prepping all the Chaos Dwarfs I have for it, and convincing Brian to allow the Tamurkhan list.