[Archive] What is "that other"army for you?

Swissdictator:

I think everyone has more then one army they enjoy.  Which is probably a good thing so they can change things up as needed. So when you don’t feel like play Chaos Dwarfs, what armies do you turn to?

Dark Elves - I really like the theme they have. They’re a more magic based army, and are the ones I take for magic. That and perhaps the Cold One Knights are SWEET. Plus the fact that they HATE EVERYONE (I’m not talking about gameplay here) and hate High Elves even more. It makes me grin. They’d be my army if I hadn’t fallen in love with Chaos Dwarfs most likely.

Empire: My first army, and one that has a special place in my heart. They play a lot like historicals, I like thee theme I have for them, and they’re just fun.

Nurgle Demons: I don’t play them hardcore, I play friendlier lists. I like how they look. I like the way my army looks. I love the humor involved in Nurgle Demons. They just put a grin on my face. If I were ever to do Hard Boys I would go Nurgle Demons.

Odd note: Skaven, while I love them almost as much as Chaos Dwarfs I could never bring myself to do as I would want to do a horde army and the number of figures would be sickening.   However, I will do a Skaven blood bowl team!

WhyNotCrashDifferently?:

Bretonnians.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

alex:

Kinda cheesy, but warriors of chaos. I don’t even have a Chaos dwarf army list, i have dwarfs in chaos armour, that are part of my massive horde of warriors, ogres trolls and thugs, giants(with an s), hounds, exalted heroes, sorcerors, marauders, snakemen, horsemen…what can i say i always loved darth vader as a kid

Loki:

In order at the mo (am working on VC and Lizardmen at the mo so list would change when they are done)

1 Warriors of Chaos

2 Dwarfs

3 Night Goblin Army

4 Dark Elves

5 Empire/Kislev

Ubertechie:

Hmmm - anything that is fragile but deadly

My other true love apart from CD are beastmen (pre the chaos split up) I had a fantastic army that I sold because I used oit for a year and it trounced all comers - it became boring to play with so it went to the great ebay god for someone else to enjoy. when the new army book comes out again I am sure i will create another army. Its the fact you have to concentrate so damn hard in the movement phase to get the most out of them that I really loved as once you hav control of that phase your opponent is toast.

Other armies I have and love
Demons of chaos
Dark Elves
Warriors Of Chaos
Vampire Counts
Dwarfs - using my CD and a pair of Organ Guns
and a particularly fun to play with and brutal savage orc list
Plus an empire army that I share with my 13 year old son.

I tend to (apart from with CD’s) spend a long time working on creating a optimised competitive list and then buy the models to make that list. I don’t usually collect any other models apart from thoose required by the list or minimal variants of it as I like to use the same list against all opponents and am a hater of list tailoring

CheTralfara:

I haven’t played a real game of Warhammer yet because I refuse to play with unpainted figures… but these are the armies I am currently building:

Modeling/Painting Priority Army = CHAOS DWARFS!

On Hiatus, half-assembled armies =

somewhere around 2,250 points of each Chaos God’s Daemons:

Nurgle Daemons, Tzeentch Daemons, Khorne Daemons & Slaanesh Daemons

small armies, I will be making on the side:

Daemons of the Horned Rat army

Daemons of Hashut army (an allied force for my CDs… not it’s own army.)

Kera foehunter:

D W A R F S !! and a small group of ogre

Arashi:

I’m almost sure I have already seen a thread similar to this before here on CDO… But oh well…

My other armies:
- Skaven: Probably the funniest army out there.
- Orcs n´goblins: Same as above, only that they have squigs!
- High elves / Wood elves: Just like elves with bows and their special units…
- Chaos: Who can really deny his dark side?

Captain Crayon:

my orcs :slight_smile:

9 years in the making and counting :stuck_out_tongue: around 9000 points, mostly painted (im slow okay hehe) and ever expanding!

TLTG:

Oiy… I’ve been playing for about 12 years now, so the pile is growing. At the moment, for fantasy:

Empire

Orcs and Goblins

Vampire Counts

Bretonnians

Demons (mono-Slaanesh)

Warriors of Chaos

Dark Elves

and for 40k:

Space Marines (ANGRY Marines!)

Imperial Guard

Sisters of Battle

Demons (mono-Slaanesh)

Orks

In Blood Bowl I play every team. I think there are like, three I don’t have. Amazons come to mind, can’t think of the others. Always liked playing wimpy teams the best, the full on goblin team is a ton of fun.

warh:

chaos dwarfs are my first warhammer army

but i got like 6000 pts of wh40k(4000 pts tau,1500 pts chaos and some orks)

Baggronor:

Vampire Counts.

Closely followed by Dark Elves (new plans in motion). They were my first army and I’ve always wanted to re-do them.

I would have said WoC before, but the new book has put me off them. Big time :~

Border Reiver:

I’ve been playing for a long time and have amassed the following armies:

Chaos Dwarfs;

Dwarfs;

Cult of Ulric; and

Bretonnia (my other main army).

I also play LOTR with Dwarfs and Dunlanders

snowblizz:

ahem let’s pretend I’ve actually played with CD…:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I like most of the armies. They all have stuff that capture my imagination, it would perhaps be easier to list those I really can’t stomach instead.

My great love in this life are the Chaos Space Marines, but for fantasy…

One armylist that just spoke to me, even so far as that I for the first time went out and bought/convert models specifically for it, managed to paint up a tournament sized force, took it to a tournament and even managed to do movement trays for:
Cult of Pleasure.

There’s just something in the cross of Dark Elves and Slaanesh that works for me. It could have been that included all, yes literally all figures I’ve ever considered buying just to paint in the same army. And then it got cancelled…

I’m still a fan of the HE and DE though, and a big Beastman and Chaos-lover and like I said Dwarfs, Orcs, Ogres are all armies I could consider or in fact have and/or are dabbling in.

Swissdictator:

My sympathies on the DE/Slaanesh combo thing no longer working snowblizz… but you could always find a way to make With Elves/Daemonettes/Slaanesh warriors double/triple count figure wise! It might require some conversion, but I think it could be cool. Perhaps a mix of both in the unit?

I hope that helps get the gears turning in your head! :smiley: I don’t like seeing people get discouraged. Plus I have yet to see a pure Slaanesh army.

I’m just starting 40k and while I perhaps love Guard the most, I just can’t get myself motivated to paint all those Vostroyans. So I’ll probably do Khorne and Nurgle Space Marines first. So CSM and IG will be my two. I’m thinking CSM if I ever go to tournaments, so IG is my casual and backup army.

qwe50:

I have

- High Elf

- Orc & Goblins

- Warriors of Chaos

- Beast of Chaos

Right now i am painting Black orcs for my CD’s but i alså have a unpainted Empire army.

I sold my Lizards

tjub:

Night Gobbos for me… :slight_smile:

TLTG:

Plus I have yet to see a pure Slaanesh army.
I'll take some pictures for you when I get a chance. My list at current is something along the lines of:

1 Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets
1 Herald on Chariot
1 Herald on Foot
1 Masque of Slaanesh
80 Daemonettes
15 Pleasureseekers
6 Fiends of Slaanesh
10 Furies (Harpies, counts-as, they look way more slaaneshi)

It's actually terribly effective. The furies go in two units of five, and fly behind the core troops to chargeblock them. Daemonettes stay in my own deployment zone and out of harm's way while my fiends and seekers ride down the flanks. The fiends get flank charges in as soon as they see enemies (which is fast), and the Seekers just keep riding behind enemy lines until they get a super favorable rear charge, need to help out fiends, or get a shot at war machine crew/missile troops. I take a Herald on a steed with the -2 Leadership flag to make my magic phase better. So far I've run it in 7 large scale games, and had a complete massacre (to the man, even) in all seven. Most of them were by the end of turn five.

snowblizz:

My sympathies on the DE/Slaanesh combo thing no longer working snowblizz... but you could always find a way to make With Elves/Daemonettes/Slaanesh warriors double/triple count figure wise! It might require some conversion, but I think it could be cool. Perhaps a mix of both in the unit?

I hope that helps get the gears turning in your head! :D I don't like seeing people get discouraged. Plus I have yet to see a pure Slaanesh army.

I'm just starting 40k and while I perhaps love Guard the most, I just can't get myself motivated to paint all those Vostroyans. So I'll probably do Khorne and Nurgle Space Marines first. So CSM and IG will be my two. I'm thinking CSM if I ever go to tournaments, so IG is my casual and backup army.

Swissdictator
Well the Cult of Pleasure was basically 50% my painted DEs and 50% of the Chaos models I had painted. So I'll be moving them "back" to the DE army and the rest forms the nucleus of my WoC and DoC armies since I can't use them with my Beasts any longer either (AAAAAAAAGH!). There's really no big issues apart from having way more Witch Elves than I need. I miss the Anointed though 5 S7 ASF attacks at ws9(?), cause Fear (would be even better now) and a "ward" save. And the face on people when told it was T4. Everyone just went "but they are eeeeeelves and felt very cheated. Cost an arm and a leg though. The difference in bases sizes is bit problematic though. Ironically I rebased my Harpies to be Furies as Harpies were total chaff only for them to become decent again and I don't quite need 12 in my DoC army. Hmmm.

And this is totally a complete Slaanesh army, honest! :shy: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5502

orcs of fire:

orcs and goblins…

WAAAGGGHHH!!!:h:h:h