[Archive] What is the most challenging thing to convert for Chaos Dwarfs?

AGPO:

OMG 800 posts, I spend too much time here!

As with many of you I cannot afford Vulture-bay have to covert my CDs or sculpt from scratch. I was wondering which choices from the army list people have the most difficulty of coming up with decent ideas for, and what answers - if any - they eventually came up with.

zagor66:

With me its the death rocket , cant seem to get any ideas on it although there are loads on the website.

Dark Haven:

For its going to be the load of warriors. I’ve never done much with GS so I’m a bit nervous about them, they might turn out quite bad.

The deathrocket should be easy, use the canon from BFSP and put a marauder standard skull and an Ork Rocket on it.

Tallhat:

Not much of converter for this army but Id say the BC are hard to make really goodlooking. Other than that Id agree that the tons of warriors are also hard since you want to make everyone slightly unique.

- Tallhat

Rumi:

I’ve voted the warriors just going how hard it is to get your own cool looking individual warrior unit, especialy when you’re GS skills suck… Oh, I just noticed that I got a slave, is this standard to get one slave?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I voted for the Taurus, as this is the only model that really needs to stand out. The bull centaurs are equally tricky, but lazy people can at least buy these from GW online.

The hardest part for me on the Taurus are the wings, actually. I am confident that I can create a monster on four legs but I just can’t sculpt good wings, no way! Most GW wings are too small, the others are too big. Currently I think slightly cropped Balrog wings might be best but have yet to try it out.

zagor66:

The deathrocket should be easy, use the canon from BFSP and put a marauder standard skull and an Ork Rocket on it.

[/quote]

I dont have the cannon and dont want to spend �40 on it , :ideaalso nearly everyone does that one.:mad

Xander:

Wow, 800 posts! You are a Lammasu!

I chose Bull Centaurs, though [[Kollossus]] is right up there.

Dark Haven:

40 pounds? You can get for like 5$ US off of thewarstore. Its cheap and easy to do. But I suppose its all a matter of taste.

Willmark:

Not sure yet as I only have my general and his throne bearers done along with my Hellcannon, neither were particularly tough, just time consuming. My first true conversion is my Lammasu, I haven’t done much to it yet other then chop its horns and turn them forward…

AGPO- And yes you do spend too much time here! Me too thou… :wink:

Grongi Blackbeard:

the ENDLESS warriors becouse i need more bitz, time and ever more bitz amd time…

Xander:

OMG 800 posts, I spend too much time here!

AGPO
AGPO- And yes you do spend too much time here! Me too thou.. ;)

Willmark
You guys are both on pace to catch me! But now I am back in the grove so watch out. :P

Uzkul Werit:

My vote goes to the Great Taurus. Why? The blasted things wings keep on falling off.

Pyro Stick:

I voted warriors. I have only tried once to make one and it was the most non epic this i have ever seen.

Canix:

I voted warrors but i have old bighats i am doing some conversions tho gauntlets on hobbo hero,sorcerer,BClord hthark conversion,BC hero hthark conversion,some orc standards and muscicians,modified taurus and two aspects of Hashut.I had never even swapped a minis arm before tho i did pin models when glueing:D

Willmark:

Xander were coming for ya! Not so much though for me its more a case that this is a great site/place to post.

wallacer:

Monsters aren’t that hard to convert.

It’s the small fiddly stuff that is difficult.

I voted for warriors.

AGPO:

Xander were coming for ya! Not so much though for me its more a case that this is a great site/place to post.

Willmark
With you on the later part dude, Xander, I didn't put the Kollosus on the list as its not in the army list - same with Immortals. If not the collosus would have my vote as well

Willmark:

And of yeah I voted for death rocket. Lots of ideas nothing definate yet thou… And #700. This is double what I posted on asur.org in three years of being there… :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

I say bull centaurs.