[Archive] What sort of daemonsmith would you be?

Grimstonefire:

A slight twist on a regular topic of discussion, this looks more at the various reasons individuals would want to do this.

Daemon binding should be an inexact science, if it wasn�?Tt we might as well be called Chaos Squats and be done with it. As such, the more you deal with daemons the greater the risk of madness, injury or death.

So which of these would you be?

Willing, the mad binder; willing to do whatever it takes to do daemon binding, attempt to slap a daemon on anything. You�?Td have a daemonic toaster as long as it wasn�?Tt nurgle! :wink: The main point here is that you would only do this because they really wanted to

Obedient, the compelled binder; compelled to do so either because of a sense of duty (for the �?ogreater good�?�/ survival of your race), or because they had an insatiable curiosity or desire for control. They have a choice not to bind.

The reluctant binder would only bind daemons because they had no other choice. For instance they choose the path of the daemon binder to save their brethren from destruction. Or that daemonic energy was coming whether you attempted to bind it or not. Or every clan has to have a daemonsmith etc.

How you answer the question probably says a lot about where you see daemon binding in the fluff as a whole. So it’s worth thinking about.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I would very probably be the mad binder. Because it is the proper chaos dwarven way to have no bounds and ethics and do anything that will suit his own egoistic and evil plans for everyone else.

I mean let’s face it - if we could create hats that devour their wearer after the warranty has expired, we would do it and trade them to the unsuspecting people of the Old World! :hat

minty:

Willing, the mad binder; willing to do whatever it takes to do daemon binding, attempt to slap a daemon on anything. You�?Td have a daemonic toaster as long as it wasn�?Tt nurgle! ;) The main point here is that you would only do this because they really wanted to

Grimstonefire
Now whats wrong with a nurgle toaster, i have a full nurgle army, I'll just feed it to people I don't like instead of myself

and I'd like a deamonic wristwatch or compas, that'd be funky...

Ancient History:

I will grease the wheels of the Chaos Dwarfs’ engines of destruction with the blood of slaves, and feed their souls to the daemons within to fuel them.

wallacer:

Slow day, Grim? :wink:

I would go for mad binder, because ethics are for the weak and insanity is the Dawi Zharr way.

Filipicusius:

Oh… Tough one…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

Obendient binder, I must fulfill my duty in the Chaos Dwarf Empire. :hat

Grimstonefire:

Slow day, Grim? ;)

wallacer
You don't know just how true that is... :cheers

Swissdictator:

I picked Obedient, but compelled. I think it’s kinda cool, but I don’t find the need either. Though there would be useful and fun cases for it!

As for the Demon bound toaster… wouldn’t that be a cylon? For the number sixes, Slaanesh?

Oooh, my 100th post.

GRNDL:

Demonic-infused hats… Hhehehheh… MuahahhahahhhhahhhHAHAHhAHHH!!!

Obsidian:

Mad binder for sure, as long as it gets the job done!

snyggejygge:

I´d be an obedient binder, I´d do it for money & for the greater good (of myself & my clan), but I wouldn´t do it at every chance I had, since it is a risky business.

Kera foehunter:

i be the best looking mad binder!!

mmmmmm deamon toaster