[Archive] What to get next for my orks?

Joshmohr:

Alright- I’m debating on what to get next for my ork army…

Im thinking about getting 10 Looter’s, since im Deff Skullz… What do you think? i have:

1 warboss

1 mad dok

4 mega nobz

1 battlewagon

2 looted wagons

20 boyz

3 Deff Koptaz

5 Stormboyz (Anti tank)

5 Nobz

I have around 1000-1500 pts worth of orks.

Joshmohr:

Maby tank hunters…

snowblizz:

Tankbustas?

Avoid those like the plague!

Their stupid targeting rules interfere with their job too much.

I would say for the 5th edition you’d really need some more Troops. Some Shoota Boyz seem popular nowadays.

Ancre:

Needs MOAR green paint ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from that, I don’t know :wink:

GRNDL:

Tons more Boyz… 20 isn’t much of a mob.

dedwrekka:

Alright- I'm debating on what to get next for my ork army..

Im thinking about getting 10 Looter's, since im Deff Skullz... What do you think? i have:

1 warboss
1 mad dok
4 mega nobz
1 battlewagon
2 looted wagons
20 boyz
3 Deff Koptaz
5 Stormboyz (Anti tank)
5 Nobz

I have around 1000-1500 pts worth of orks.

Joshmohr
Alright, you're going Deff Skulls so that gives a good idea of what you want to do with the army.

While you have a solid hard hitter force there with the hammer of Nobz and wagons, one thing I suggest is fleshing out the anvil of your army. It's like asking what you can spend more points on in a Skaven army (It's always "SLAVES!"). I suggest getting another Boyz squad, they're quite good at holding back the enemy, and give them something to shoot at aside from your heavy hitters (Nobz and MegaNobz) and specialty squads.

Lootas are an especially interesting choice. I like them a lot for their potential, and if anyone is considering choosing them I suggest it. They're amazingly good at giving the hurt to the enemy from afar. They're also useful for taking out light armored opponents.
However I will always throw in the caveat that their strength is based in their weakness. While they have the potential for a lot of firepower to overwhelm the enemy, they can also end up doing very little damage, essentially bouncing off a heavier armored opponent if the dice force isn't with you. They also don't have the same meat shield effect other units have. Every casualty you take in the squad reduces your effectiveness, unlike other squads with a few lightly armed soldiers to take the brunt of the hit.

A question, though, how are you equipping your Nobz?

Joshmohr:

Nobz:

Cybork, Rokkit combi., Big Choppa, and sometime eavy’ armor. For most, at least. The mega nobz all have Rokkitz combi.

warh:

Grotz!

Cheap shield unit

Joshmohr:

Grotz are such a waste of points… Shield unit= Battle wagon… My one can take a beating.

slev:

I’d recommend a mob of 30 boyz with sluggas.

Or a mob of 12 Trukkboyz.