[Archive] What to use for a Great Taurus?

Dino:

I want to start making a Great Taurus but i’m not shure what to use for it. I want to use GW parts to make it and I kinda wanna get the look of Ishkur Cinderhat’s Great Taurus (coolest Great Taurus i’ve ever seen). Any ideas?

cornixt:

Xander has one of the easiest at the moment. Looks great too:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5829

Dino:

I’ve seen it before, but to be honest it’s tp small for what I’m looking for.

Willmark:

Then you’re stuck. The stag is the best option at the moment for a Taurus conversion. Barring that its risking vultureBay for a big hat era one.

Dino:

I see. Hmmm. Well I could scratch build one. But their are parts That I have to buy like the horns and wings. But other wise it might work. But what light weight material to use for the body?

Obsidian:

Jup, got me one for 35 Euros. Bit much but I just wanted it. And now that I have it, it’s just lying around!:stuck_out_tongue:

AGPO:

Toy cow with wings, armour and “angry eyes” does the job. You just have to do a bit of reposing

minty:

sculpting it can’ be too hard, a bull centaur is not that dificult and I have to work smaller on one (which is harder to do detail) make the body yourself, get the balrog wings (the lava scales on it look great for CDs) and a bloodthirster head

or you could get the reaper brass bull and add wings

Baggronor:

Maybe some conversion work on one of the new Juggernauts? A bit heavily armoured I know, but still. Perhaps a headswap with one of the old Greater Daemons of Slaanesh for the bull’s head (One of em had armour on it I think)? Or a minotaur’s head. The Jugger is about the only thing I can think of with the right sort of body shape. Alternatively, as agpo says, a toy bull with some mail ordered wings and a nice paint job. Or green stuff one. I did. Its a lot of work though, cows are a weird shape :slight_smile:

minty:

I would advise against using a jugger, you said the great stag was to small and a jugger is a eensy bit more little han that

Dino:

@Obsidian: I really don’t like ebay that much. It probably even more expensive on ebay than it should be.

@AGPO: I’ll definatly think about it. It’s simple enough. But that might be to simple for me(no affence but it might be an insult to my artistic skills).

@minty: Sculpting might be the way to go for me. I can easily make it if I sculpt it.

@Baggronor: True that the new Juggernaouts would make a fairly nice canidate for this project but I woud have to do some seariusly major work on it to make it the right size I want it to be.

Kera foehunter:

the great stag is how im going 25.00 it cheep.

Dino:

It’s to small for my tasts. Not a bad subtitute for a great taurus but still to small for my taste.

Doogle:

After the new Juggernaut comes out, I am using that with lots of conversion work done on it’s body, plus balrog wings more then likely. I dont think it is too hard, and after taking a grinder to it’s body I will be able to pimp it out Chaos Dwarf style.

Leadblecher:

I used a Carnifex from the 40k range, gave him wings and made him a “Bahamut Beetle” or Lava bug, instead of a tuarus.

ashur:

I used a Carnifex from the 40k range, gave him wings and made him a "Bahamut Beetle" or Lava bug, instead of a tuarus.

Leadblecher
Can we see it?

As for the taurus, Il stay with the new juggernaut and some extra hornes.

minty:

the jugganaught is Tiny though! it’s like a mini-taurus not a great one!

Doogle:

It doesn’t matter.

The model is pretty sweet, and after new runes and armour are sculpted on, it will look sweet. I will probably throw down the balrog wings on it also to give it more stature.

Leadblecher:

When I get a good enough pic, I will post my Bahamut Beetle.