[Archive] What Was the FIRST Cinema Movie You watched?

solwilliam:

I remember my mom took me to watch “Chicken Run” when I was about…6?

What was yours?

Neil:

Either 101 Dalmatians or Bambi. Can’t be sure which as I was very young.

Baggronor:

Transformers the Movie. The first 20 minutes of that film traumatised a generation, including me.

I remember my mom took me to watch “Chicken Run” when I was about…6?
Stop it, you’re making me feel old :mad

starscream:

ahhh Transformers the movie, superb bit of animation that. I went to see Gobots: Battle of the Rocklords instead. Not the last bad decision I would make.

My first film at the cinema was Flash Gordon when I was 3.

Kera foehunter:

Dancing with wolves !! Throw i was young ! i thought it was quite funny

that his horse saved his lives many times and a wolf that was not part of a pack !! would choose him as a friend !! i love hollywood

Grimstonefire:

Lol. A decent topic from a spambot!?

The first one I remember was Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Border Reiver:

Can’t remember clearly, but it was likely something by Disney - Bambi or Sleeping Beauty in one of the 1970s theatrical releases…

Thorne:

Sadly it was The Fox and the hound in 1981 …

SteveM:

An American Tale in 1986, the one and only time my folks ever took me to the theater.  Actually, it was just me and dad as my mom and siblings were off doing something else fun so I guess they felt the need to give me a treat too.

LimeyDragon:

Yea i agree is a good topic for a spam bot…

“Popeye” 1980 starring Robin Williams as popeye

cornixt:

Lol.  A decent topic from a spambot!?

Grimstonefire
I've pruned off a few spambots in the last few days, there are still a few dubious ones remaining.
The first one I remember was Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
Same here. First cinema to open in my town, free popcorn, they almost didn't let us in because it was a PG and we were 11.

Perturabo:

I don’t really remember. Lion King maybe.

Kera foehunter:

ahhh i forgot about the lion king i have to watch that this weekend!!l

thanks so much Peturabo !!!

Malorn:

I believe it was Disneys Alladin, which i enjoyed. In recent years I discovered how Disney was some petty thieves, and Alladin is pretty much stolen from Richard Williams Magnus Opus: The Thief and the Cobbler, which got shut down as Alladins deadline got close…

Baggronor:

In recent years I discovered how Disney was some petty thieves, and Alladin is pretty much stolen from Richard Williams Magnus Opus: The Thief and the Cobbler, which got shut down as Alladins deadline got close...
Evil, I tell you, evil.

Bassman:

Who remember… it was soooooo far way in time! :frowning:

probably before the sundering… ehehehheh

I remember at elementary school they took us to watch Labyrith (great movie anyway…), a junk copy of Star Wars… like Space Wars or something similar…

clam:

Transformers the Movie. The first 20 minutes of that film traumatised a generation, including me.
I remember my mom took me to watch "Chicken Run" when I was about..6?
Stop it, you're making me feel old :mad

Baggronor
Yeah, tell me about that :D I was probably about 30 when I watched that one, as Nick Park did that one in the year 2000.

Don't rember my first movie - but probably some danish stuff like 'Olsenbanden' or a disney classic - but first one I do rember watching was E.T. back in .... 1982 :~

Balseraph:

Arachnophoby - (I was 12-13 y.)

to this day I hate spiders… bbbbrrrrrrrrrr

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I think it was “The Last Unicorn” - with King Haggard being dubbed also in the German version (!) by the great Christopher Lee. :slight_smile: That childhood memory was what got me into flaming bulls and all, I guess. g

Servius:

Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country.