[Archive] What was your first army

Kered:

I used to tag along with my brother but my first actual army were tyranids.

Neil:

Undead (back before they split into Vampires and Tomb Kings), it was built around the Skeleton Army boxed set, with the points made up with odds and ends then with far too many characters added in. As a result of not having enough basic troops it was a good nine months to a year before I managed to win a game.

I eventually sold them to start an Orc and Goblin army, but I have since gone back and re-done Vampires.

Da Crusha:

my very first army was dwarfs and my very first models were dragon slayers and longbeards and Ungrim Ironfist the slayer king. back then since we literally only had a handful of models, we played with whatever we had. we quickly accumulated a bunch of powerful special characters and even a bloodthirster.

Shakhorth:

Howling Griffons aka the rainbow warriors. Ofc these were space marines. :slight_smile:

But the first models I bought were the new metal catachan jungle fighters.

Grimstonefire:

High Elves around the start of 5th ed.

Zanko:

Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs during 3rd edition - followed by Melniboners and Elves!

:hashut

Swissdictator:

My first Warhammer army was Empire. Still have a lot of love for those guys. I had played a lot of English Civil War before that, ironically, so even though I would have picked Empire anyways it helped.

Abecedar:

Goblins from the BFSP set and my son took the dwarfs.

G.2:

My first army, which more of a small unit (about 4 or 5 blisters worth), but I couldn’t afford many figures at the time, was the 3rd Edition Imperial Dwarfs. I did manage to add a boxset of Prince Ulther’s Dragon Company and a box set of Bugman’s Dwarf Rangers, so the army did grow a little bit. I used Tamiya model paint to paint these guys, and it was bad. :slight_smile:

I still have some of them, I might take some photos, for a good laugh. They were circa 1991. - Wow that was 20 years ago.