[Archive] WHFB3 Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut rules - They exist

Chico:

So Rick Priestly stated this weekend at the Oldhammer Weekend that there were indeed rules for the Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut (He wrote them himself) and they were packaged with the Juggernaut when first sold.

So the question is anyone seen or own a copy?

Pyro Stick:

Ive never heard about this or ever seen anything about official Juggernaut rules so they must never have been published anywhere else. I dont think ive ever seen a brand new sealed Juggernaut either so it sounds like the original rules are even rarer than the model. Now that i know they might exist i would really like to get hold of a copy. The problem is that everyone on this forum that has a Juggernaut probably isnt the original buyer so the rules will be long gone and it sold so few copies that the chances of the rules surviving as well are slim. I guess thats whats contributed to everyone thinking it didnt actually ever have rules. The best chance of finding them is asking Rick Priestly if he still has a copy.

Just found this thread on CCM from 2006 about this same topic: Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, News, Finance, Sports, Shopping, Entertainment, Video

Chico:

Citadel Collector (Steve) from CCM/Oldhammer Forum was the one which asked Rick in person (So i gather) so i’m guessing also asked if Rick still had a copy.

Would be great to own a set of rules :slight_smile:

Willmark:

There have been a few fan made rules for the model and featured in WoH as an FYI.

Chico:

There have been a few fan made rules for the model and featured in WoH as an FYI.

Willmark
Yes but they aren't WhFB 3rd Ed rules, so they are currently of no use too me :(

Nicodemus:

Interesting. It’s certainly contrary to our wiki entry for the CD Juggernaut, not that the wiki is the be-all-end-all of authority on CD matters, but the existence of any rules is news to me!!

~N

Chico:

Interesting. It's certainly contrary to our wiki entry for the CD Juggernaut, not that the wiki is the be-all-end-all of authority on CD matters, but the existence of any rules is news to me!!

~N

Nicodemus
It was news to many people, there of course is a possibility that Rick Priestly is mistaken and confused with another project (It was 25 years ago) or that the rules never a saw print or was a very limited run.

Pyro Stick:

Maybe he was thinking about the Dwarf Juggernaut?

Chico:

Maybe he was thinking about the Dwarf Juggernaut?

Pyro Stick
Personally i don 't think he was mistaken as Nico's CD Juggernaut was right there with them at the time. But as I wasn't there in person I can't really comment, best bet is too ask Steve/CC himself over on Collecting Citadel Minitures group or on the Oldhammer Forum.

Blackspine:

I’d love to have the Juggernaut as a mount option for our army now. Would add a lot of needed versatility.

Only having 145+ pt mounts is very limiting.

cornixt:

In all my years of being part of the online CD community (since about 2000), the Juggernaut has often come up but no one has ever seen any proper rules for it. I’m pretty sure I have seen a picture of an unopened one at some point (plastic bag with cardboard clipped to the top, guess it was too big for a blister but it didn’t have its own box), and there were no rulesheets in it. There certainly isn’t anything in the Chaos books from the time period and no one has ever come forth with anything from White Dwarf.

It wasn’t on sale for very long, which increased it’s rarity. I guess it is possible that there were some rules sold with it, but there is a lack of evidence for it.

Pyro Stick:

In all my years of being part of the online CD community (since about 2000), the Juggernaut has often come up but no one has ever seen any proper rules for it. I'm pretty sure I have seen a picture of an unopened one at some point (plastic bag with cardboard clipped to the top, guess it was too big for a blister but it didn't have its own box), and there were no rulesheets in it. There certainly isn't anything in the Chaos books from the time period and no one has ever come forth with anything from White Dwarf.

It wasn't on sale for very long, which increased it's rarity. I guess it is possible that there were some rules sold with it, but there is a lack of evidence for it.

cornixt
Im sure i saw that picture as well, probably on HoH. When i get back to Scotland ill have to see if i saved it to my laptop. I also remember someone who bought a new one when it came out saying that it just came in a plain bag without anything else. This was probably back when i was trying to find out if it had rules or not before i made some fan ones.

Chico:

I don’t know and I maybe being naive but a direct quote from Rick Priestly at a event which is all about Oldhammer/WhFB 3ed saying he wrote the rules is good enough for me to get my hopes up that there’s rules out there :slight_smile:

cornixt:

I’m sure he wrote rules for it, with the intent of them being published; not so sure they actually made it out. Would love to read them regardless!