[Archive] Which army list are you using?

cornixt:

We’ve probably had long enough to decide on the Legion of Azgorgh and how accepted it is in your gaming community. I’ve added Thommy’s list and the Indy GT list as separate since those are the most popular fan lists. Feel free to state if you use a different fan list if you vote for that option.

Now Vote!

Castellan:

Well, I started Chaos Dwarfs very recently (a little while before the Throne of Chaos came out), so decided to use that. I quite like the rules, but am hoping to test out some other army lists,as I am not happy that Black Orcs were taken out.

-Castellan

Ohiohammer:

We've probably had long enough to decide on the Legion of Azgorgh and how accepted it is in your gaming community.

cornixt
To me this isn't a how will it be accepted, this is a "must" be accepted. I'm pretty sure it states in the book that it is a legal army list for all games Warhammer.

Now the Indy GT book is very well written and there are other publications that are also well done, but I see the Legion as Azgorgh basically as any other army book.

It is already being welcomed as the "only" Chaos Dwarf Publication accepted at "many" major tournaments and I would venture to speculate by the end of 2012 it will change from "many" to "all."

But that's just my poinion ;)

Thommy H:

No one has to use any rules they don’t want to. There are good reasons for using the content included in Tamurkhan, but it’s no more a fundamental addition to Warhammer than Storm of Magic or Blood in the Badlands. I’m not anti-LoA, despite how it might come across sometimes, but I’m not sure you should be using terms like “must” when I’m guessing you probably wouldn’t feel the same way if someone rocked up with a WoC army that included Tamurkhan on his Toad Dragon without warning, or the Marienburg Land Ship in an Empire army.

Tamurkhan is a campaign book - a supplement. It happens to also include a full usable list for Chaos Dwarfs (kinda…) but I don’t think anyone should feel bad about being uncomfortable if someone springs it on them in a pick up game. Tournaments will use whatever lists they deem acceptable, of course.

vulcanologist:

My vote was for your list Thommy…I’m still bowled over by the work you put in and I like to support our own!

Thommy H:

Thanks! We’re not here to talk about me though.

However, there is going to be a totally new version posted within the next few weeks probably. Just so you know.

vulcanologist:

Curse you Thommy!! I’ve already spen a small fortune in printer inks for your umpteen revisits and also having the last (final!) one printed and bound!

Thommy H:

I told you not to! I absolutely did!

vulcanologist:

Ha ha! Had it printed when you said you were finally putting it to bed… Then you said you were going to make more changes! Was expecting it though!! Think the least you could do as probably your biggest champion would be to feature some of my models in your showcase section this edition!

Ohiohammer:

No one has to use any rules they don't want to. There are good reasons for using the content included in Tamurkhan, but it's no more a fundamental addition to Warhammer than Storm of Magic or Blood in the Badlands. I'm not anti-LoA, despite how it might come across sometimes, but I'm not sure you should be using terms like "must" when I'm guessing you probably wouldn't feel the same way if someone rocked up with a WoC army that included Tamurkhan on his Toad Dragon without warning, or the Marienburg Land Ship in an Empire army.

Tamurkhan is a campaign book - a supplement. It happens to also include a full usable list for Chaos Dwarfs (kinda...) but I don't think anyone should feel bad about being uncomfortable if someone springs it on them in a pick up game. Tournaments will use whatever lists they deem acceptable, of course.

Thommy H
I apologize if my choice of wording was poor and I came off as offensive in any way.

That being said, I respectfully disagree that Tamurkhan is anything like Storm of Magic or Blood in the Badlands. It may contain some specific campaign rules, but the LoA list is an official army list for Warhammer (at least according to page 105 bottom paragraph). The fact that it comes from Forgeworld makes it no less complete and/or usable (and honestly I think it has been done as well as the other 8th Ed books).

As far as the other units are concerned, I have no problem with any of the units from the book being played against me (I'm just not a fan of special characters and that's only because there's only supposed to be one in the world - and they can't be everywhere at the same time like they seem to be in the 40K universe - lol). That being said, I'm not the same as every other player and I don't want anyone to think they should feel bad about being uncomfortable if someone plays those units without talking to them 1st.

You are of course right in that Tournaments will choose what they deem acceptable as it always has been. It is just my opinion that Tamurkhan will be exclusively used by the end of 2012 (and I have been wrong many times before).

Again, this is just my opinion and I certainly meant no disrespect.

Happy New Year! ;)

Da Crusha:

well I havent been playing warhammer lately, since june, with that said I only play ravening hordes… but, recently I signed up for a tourney that I always have to sign up several months ahead and they are only allowing Tamurkhan Chaos Dwarfs this year. So Im currently trying to get my hands on the book and am going to start using it as my new main list.

Kera foehunter:

I’m using the storm of chaos slayer army list

brother_cov:

Well, Im new to Chaos Dwarves and until LoA came out I was preparing to use the Indy GT list as I just didnt like the RH list.

But now I am more than happy to use Throne of Chaos as the base for my journey in to the world of Hashut worshipping.

But I did really like the Indy GT pdf, so I may have to have both on the go at the same time for a little bit of variety :slight_smile:

Bronze Bull:

I’ve only used the Indy GT list once and I’m going to be facing Skaven soon with the LoA list but like some I was disappointed with the removal of Black Orcs and how Fireglaives just do not seem as combat effective for their cost. Still, I’m excited for all the lists mentioned above except Ravening Hordes. I’d like to try Thommy’s at some point!