[Archive] Which is the life expectancy of the Chaos Dwarfs?

Henroth:

I imagine that CD’s have more life expectancy that the ordinary dwarfs, thanks for the power and/or protection of Hashut. :hashut

Or is on the contrary, the CD’s have less life expectancy that the ordinary dwarfs because the pollution and comtamination of the industry, the life in the mine… etc. :sick

Which is you opinion ?

Willmark:

Life in a mine? that is what the slaves are for!!!

Maul:

Didn’t you hear, the CD use very tall exhaust stacks (like their hats) on their smithies so most of the pollution becomes acid rain on the east edge of the dark lands and in Cathey. It is no wonder that Cathey makes few appearances in warhammer lore. It is not just the ogres and hobgoblin tribes in the mountains, but the acid rain that is very hard on the bridges that allow travels to cross the mountain gorges. It turns out that the CD have a rather pleasant kingdom, for the dark land, and most of the bad press is intentional to keep outsiders away. It is not a tourist economy.

Scion:

Definitely. I think they would be about the same, though if you give enough slaves to Hashut he might extend it a bit more. :slight_smile:

RoguePanda:

Hmmmm - for me I think that in simple terms the life expectency of the average CD would be about the same as a western dwarf. What little I have read in terms of background fluff (this sites fantastic Wiki articles) suggest that Hashut’s dark gifts did not change the majority of the race so greatly that it would affect the life span? And dwarves are pretty hardy, so they can probably shrug off a lot of the effects of industrial pollution.

However, I would think that when you take into account the fact that the CD’s are all evil and greedy I imagine there could be a lot of cloak and dagger stuff that kills the less motivated ones off - or possibly just great sprawling bar room brawls with lethal weapons :o That might keep the life expectency down a bit! Imagine the raging fights if there is ever a shortage of their favourite brew? :cheers And the sorcerer’s would definately live longer than normal, although probably becoming increasingly uncomfortable as the stone curse takes hold.

Anyway, that’s my thoughts, lets hear everyone elses!

Grimstonefire:

From memory I think the average lifespan of a dwarf is around 200 years.

The polluted atmosphere of Zharr Naggrund may decrease that a little naturally. However, depending on how often the CD go to war, and how much they rely on slaves and/or dangerous daemon bound warmachines may make the average slightly better than the Dwarfs?

Astranagant:

However, I would think that when you take into account the fact that the CD's are all evil and greedy I imagine there could be a lot of cloak and dagger stuff that kills the less motivated ones off - or possibly just great sprawling bar room brawls with lethal weapons :o That might keep the life expectency down a bit! Imagine the raging fights if there is ever a shortage of their favourite brew? :cheers And the sorcerer's would definately live longer than normal, although probably becoming increasingly uncomfortable as the stone curse takes hold.

RoguePanda
I dunno about the cloak and dagger stuff... backstabbing and court politics is much better suited to the likes of the Dro... *cough* Dark Elves...

cornixt:

Judging by the 4/5th edition fluff, CDs don’t go in for that sort of thing, at least no more often than regular Dwarfs.

Uzkul Werit:

Longer than the slaves that serve him, that’s for sure.

Swissdictator:

Probably until they’re good and ready to die.

I suspect it is as long as any other Dwarf, which is fairly long! I suspect the masks offer some sort of protective benefit (perhaps some sort of filter). Plus the taint of chaos may have hardened them against the elements of their environment. Besides slaves just take the brunt of it anyways… and who cares about them?

Didn’t you hear, the CD use very tall exhaust stacks (like their hats) on their smithies so most of the pollution becomes acid rain on the east edge of the dark lands and in Cathey. It is no wonder that Cathey makes few appearances in warhammer lore. It is not just the ogres and hobgoblin tribes in the mountains, but the acid rain that is very hard on the bridges that allow travels to cross the mountain gorges. It turns out that the CD have a rather pleasant kingdom, for the dark land, and most of the bad press is intentional to keep outsiders away. It is not a tourist economy.

Maul
Epic win. :cheers

Henroth:

Well, rely on with pollution of environment that the CD’s breathe (don’t for working in mines as the slaves), it looks that the CD’s have more life expectancy that the western dwarfs, thanks to that the CD’s have works less hards. :yar

If the life expectancy of a ordinay dwarf is of 500 years, then the of a Chaos Dwarf is of 550 or 600 years, no ?

Grimstonefire:

I had a look in Stone and Steel (the only thing that mentions life expectancy as far as I know), it did say around 200 years on average. Bearing in mind that includes all the warriors who die in their prime, there could be loads who reach 500.

I remember Georc having some interesting notions on this. His idea was they grew stronger with age, and only diminish right at the very end of their lives. As opposed to slowly getting more frail with age.

So those with the longest beards would have big muscles.

Henroth:

I remember read that the dwarfs they live 500 years or even more.

Revlid:

Dwarf average (considering that this includes young warrior deaths, etc) is 200 years. Natural old age comes for them at 400 years or so. EPIC dwarfs (some runelords, White Dwarf, etc) can live to 600 or even 800 years.

Kera foehunter:

well if they had a good woman they live to a ripe old age !!

so that would put a female dwarf living longer than there male counterpart

so 500 would be a comon age