[Archive] White Dwarf CD Articles

doc:

Hi folks,

I was visiting the parents at the weekend, and while i was back home i dug out some old White Dwarfs in the hope of finding some stuff on CD. What i did find was that WD205 has an index (“Ye Olde Index”) of all WD articles relating to the Warhammer Fantasy range of games (Warhammer, Man O War etc). So i noted down the ones relating to CD for you all below. Note that i live in the UK so the WD numbers are for UK issues of WD.

Chaos Dwarf Articles:

Astragoth, High Priest of Hashut; WD185, p37.

Chaos Dwarf Army List; WD162, p55.

Chaos Dwarf Background; WD161, p11.

Chaos Dwarf Beastiary; WD161, p23.

Chaos Dwarf Blunderbus; WD163, p7.

Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket; WD162, p66.

Chaos Dwarf Magic Cards; WD163, p11.

Chaos Dwarf Earthshaker; WD162, p65.

Fists of Hashut; WD203, p69.

Sneaky Gits; WD170, p31.

Battle Reports

Battle for Anurell’s Tomb, HE vs CD; WD164, p40.

Battle of Skull River, WE vs CD; WD170, p50.

Death in Drakenmoor, Emp vs CD; WD186, p49.

Furnace of Hashut, Dw vs CD; WD201, p94.

Assault on Black Skull Mountain, Dw vs CD; WD200, p59.

Alas my WD collection only goes back to 184, but i do have the articles after this WD to read :slight_smile:

I am just wondering if “White Dwarf Presents: Chaos Dwarfs” is a collection of the articles from WD161 to 170 in one book. If it is, it might be cheaper to try and get hold of these issues from ebay and the likes rather than the army book itself, just watched one go for £21 plus p&p.

Even if it isnt hope that was of some use to you all.

Ancient History:

It’s a good list and has the basics, but it isn’t a full and complete list for every Chaos Dwarf reference. The Gathering of Might, for example, was a massive multiplayer game with allied Orc, Goblin, and Chaos Dwarf armies against an Empire/Wood Elf alliance. I don’t see the Man O’ War articles either.

[/edit]Good place to start for some wiki updates, though. Neither the Battle for Skull River or the Furnace of Hashut are on the [[White Dwarf Battle Reports featuring Chaos Dwarfs]] page.

Vexxus:

Cool thanks for going to the trouble for all of our benefit :slight_smile: Much appreciated!

cornixt:

Two of those were missing from [[Chaos Dwarf References]] so I added them. Thanks for the list!

Obsidian:

Hmm, dunno if it’s allowed but I could scan the articles so we could perhaps put them in the wiki?

I hardly doubt that GW would mind it very much…

Thommy H:

I hardly doubt that GW would mind it very much...
Copyrighted material is copyrighted material. All the information in these articles is already in the Wiki anyway and, yes, [[White Dwarf Presents: Chaos Dwarfs]] is a compilation of all those articles. They were just reprinted and bound into a book.

doc:

The Gathering of Might, for example, was a massive multiplayer game with allied Orc, Goblin, and Chaos Dwarf armies against an Empire/Wood Elf alliance. I don't see the Man O' War articles either.

Ancient History
The index was split into various sections, such as battle reports, the various warhammer armys, painting and modeling, man o war, warhammer quest and a few others. I have only copied down the ones that were listed under Warhammer Chaos Dwarfs, and ones that i saw in the battle reports section that featured CD.

Next time i go home i will try and remember to see if any of the other sections have CD listed under them.

Thommy H:

Here’s an online index anyway.

wallacer:

I am just wondering if "White Dwarf Presents: Chaos Dwarfs" is a collection of the articles from WD161 to 170 in one book.

doc
I can't remember the exact numbers, but the stuff in WDP:CD can all be found in White Dwarfs.  The only slight difference is that one of the 'eavy metal pages from the White Dwarfs is missing, and the army list in WDP:CD is slightly different.  From memory I think it has the Bolt Thrower entry either added or changed slightly.

In reality if you own the White Dwarfs you don't really need WDP:CD, or vice versa.

Thommy H:

The only slight difference is that one of the 'eavy metal pages from the White Dwarfs is missing, and the army list in WDP:CD is slightly different.
The special characters are new too.

Kera foehunter:

Great job doc(slave):hat off