[Archive] White Dwarf Stormcast Eternal conversion into Chaos Warrior

Xander:

I wasted no time in corrupting the purest shimmering Sigmarite into a shiny coat of Chaos Armour!

The conversion was dead simple, and looks really bad ass, in my opinion. :wink:

Thoughts?

Timothy Archer:

Super cool! He looks amazing: deadly, really chaotic and strangely elegant �Y’O

Threadbare:

Simple but effective. Can’t abide the round bases though.

Bloodbeard:

Seamless conversion and a very nice chaos warrior. How big is he compared to a normal warrior?

Dînadan:

Very nice, although he looks a bit naked without a cloak for some reason.

Thommy H:

Very natural. Presumably he’s about Blightking/Skullreaper/Wrathmonger size? Could be a good basis for a Tzeentchian or Slaaneshi equivalent…

Hunter:

Looks fantastic! If I still played WHFB I’d be tempted to run a full unit of these badasses.

Bloodbeard: the Stormcast Eternal is almost exactly the same size as a space marine terminator.

Grimstonefire:

It’s come out a lot better than I expected (the overall effect, not your converting skills).  I’m curious how you’re going to paint him up?  He doesn’t have any more or less chaos symbols than an average chaos warrior, but it will be important because of the base model to get a good paint choice.

It’s ironic the head is much more in proportion at that sized model!

Xander:

His head definitely fits these proportions. And he’s probably on the tall side, I should look out a warrior and do a comparison…

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

EDIT:

Thommy H:

Cool - he’s not as egregiously big as some comparison shots suggested. Might make for a good Chosen unit, in fact. Hmmm…

Grimstonefire:

Do you think they could rank on 25mm square? Looks like it would be tight.

snowblizz:

But…but…but… where are the MOAR SKULLZ???

:stuck_out_tongue:

Loidrial:

woa, so simple yet so Amazing!

Hunter:

Do you think they could rank on 25mm square?  Looks like it would be tight.

Grimstonefire
I tried it myself. The feet are too wide apart to fit properly on a 25mm base, unless it was on diagonally. It would maybe fit on a 30mm base, if you could find a square one.

Xander:

Grimstonefire
I tried it myself. The feet are too wide apart to fit properly on a 25mm base, unless it was on diagonally. It would maybe fit on a 30mm base, if you could find a square one.

Hunter
Yeah, it fits diagonally, if you had all the same pose, they could probably rank, but I doubt that's the route you'd take. But, if you're converting anyway, you could probably bring in the arms a bit, which would make it possible, if a bit tricky.

I'm really torn over whether or not I want to rebase my unpainted Chaos army that I've been working on. GW circle bases (and especially oval bases) don't appeal to me much. Lipped display bases do appeal to me, but they don't exactly have any bases that make sense for cavalry or chariots, etc. Hrmmm!

Doombeard:

I’m the same man, don’t have a clue what to base my stuff on anymore. Magnets might be the answer but I don’t have the time atm

Xander:

I also wonder how tall this conversion is relative to the Warrior in the chariot:

Loidrial:

Grimstonefire

Hunter
Yeah, it fits diagonally, if you had all the same pose, they could probably rank, but I doubt that's the route you'd take. But, if you're converting anyway, you could probably bring in the arms a bit, which would make it possible, if a bit tricky.

I'm really torn over whether or not I want to rebase my unpainted Chaos army that I've been working on. GW circle bases (and especially oval bases) don't appeal to me much. Lipped display bases do appeal to me, but they don't exactly have any bases that make sense for cavalry or chariots, etc. Hrmmm!

Xander
Dont rebase anything. The rule says that models must be half inch apart anyway. so it really doesnt matter what base you use

Grimstonefire:

That guy is 35mm to top of his head (ignoring the horns) if that helps.

You’re going to have big problems with the spacing of the feet if you’re planning on putting that one into a GW chariot. You’d be better off getting one of those with feet closer together for that.

Xander:

Dont rebase anything. The rule says that models must be half inch apart anyway. so it really doesnt matter what base you use

Loidrial
I know, I mean as a personal choice, for aesthetic reasons.
That guy is 35mm to top of his head (ignoring the horns) if that helps.

You're going to have big problems with the spacing of the feet if you're planning on putting that one into a GW chariot. You'd be better off getting one of those with feet closer together for that.

Grimstonefire
I'll measure my conversion tonight to compare. Thanks Grim!