[Archive] Who has their O&G book?

Swissdictator:

Got mine in the mail today (Thursday March 3rd), and the magic cards. Who else ordered one and has it?

Bolg:

Picking one up at the store today or tomorrow…

Swissdictator:

We are mentioned a few times, we being Chaos Dwarfs.

P. 14 Under “The Dark Lands”… it said no O&G would ever have Hobgoblins as well, lol. Which is funny as I am using mine as regular Goblins.

We’re also mentioned, as expected, under Black Orcs.

vulcanologist:

Birthday this week so I’m hoping to get the book and the cards.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I bought some to sell in my store, Monster Hobbies. I’m excited because I have a new book avalible right away, for a change, instead of having the monies to buy them 4 months later!

I have two copies for sale…I’m currently using one to augment my CD army list and enjoying the new descriptions, rules and so on. I’ll sell it if I have to though.

I got to play test it the other day with a customer of mine who has a small BFSP Night Goblin army which includes some models I traded with him for his Dwarfs. (His army consists of 2 big bosses, 2 shamans, 60 spearmen, 40 archers, 2 trolls, and 20 spider riders.)

What do you think of the new Animosity rules Swiss? They sure make things a bit easier.

Sadly, towards the end of my game, two of my HG units decided to scrap it out with one another and both units suffered 1 loss each from rolling a 1 on the Animosity table. - but this was the first time in 4 turns that my units failed their Animosity rolls.

nitroglysarine:

How do they work now? Do the unit loose D3 models if they roll a 1?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Without discussing the rules too much…

In the old book, you rolled Animosity directly against the Animosity Table and then took the results directly to the models. They’d either Squabble, Do what You Say, or Charge Ahead and then Do What you Say.

In the new book, you still roll a D6 for each unit, and on a 1, they still fail their Animosity. However, now there is a seporate Animosity table where the unit either fights with another friendly unit, squabbles, or charges ahead to the nearest unit. Unlike before, in the new Squabble and We’ll Show Em, the unit is suppose to charge the nearest enemy.

- Mods - if this is a little too detailed into rules “Spoilers” and is subject to a GW “No-No”, then please delete the message and replace it with “The new Animosity rules allow more options for conflict between greenskin units and/or enemy units than ever before!”.

ThanX in advance!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Swiss: Does it mention us as having created the Black Orcs though?

I actually expect that the book is worth the £22.50 (easily), being a full-colour, 100+page, hardback book (especially compared to the £15 softcover, semi-colour, usually sub100 page books). Do you think it’s worth it?

To summarise what Tarrakk said: You roll a D6 as before for each unit, on a 1 you suffer Animosity. Animosity is roll a D6 (another one) and you either bash your buddies, charge forwards or does bugger all.

snowblizz:

Without discussing the rules too much...

In the old book, you rolled Animosity directly against the Animosity Table and then took the results directly to the models. They'd either Squabble, Do what You Say, or Charge Ahead and then Do What you Say.

In the new book, you still roll a D6 for each unit, and on a 1, they still fail their Animosity. However, now there is a seporate Animosity table where the unit either fights with another friendly unit, squabbles, or charges ahead to the nearest unit. Unlike before, in the new Squabble and We'll Show Em, the unit is suppose to charge the nearest enemy.

- Mods - if this is a little too detailed into rules "Spoilers" and is subject to a GW "No-No", then please delete the message and replace it with "The new Animosity rules allow more options for conflict between greenskin units and/or enemy units than ever before!".

ThanX in advance!

Tarrakk Blackhand
It's a lot less detailed than the exact description doing the rounds everywhere else. Just check any big forum and they are all tearing apart the exact wording of the rules.

The consensus is Animosity is a bit milder than previously, the old "1" now being 1/36 instead of 1/6, but there's still a "danger window" in turns 1-2 maybe 3 where the charging will still trip you up.

nitroglysarine:

Yeah 1in6 down to 1(or maybe 2)in36 is quite a change.

Swissdictator:

HB: It does, although it is listed as the main theory as “nobody knows for sure”, but the Chaos Dwarfs creating them is the main theory. It does go on a tiny bit saying how they rebelled.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I could have told you that too HB! :smiley:

But despite that, it is excellent that we STILL get a mention as I was thinking that GW was trying to erraticate all CD info from the new books since we didn’t get our army list in the back of the new rule book ANd they were taken out of the Blood Bowl video game.

cornixt:

So are there any special rules regarding Goblin characters on wolves being fast cavalry?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, it gets a bit confusing because it says “Goblin Warboss…Infantry (Character) … may be mounted on Giant Wolf…”

then if you go to the description of the Giant Wolf, it says "Charatcer mounts…Giant Wolf (and Stats which I can’t list)

Thommy H:

Okay, the mount has the Fast Cavalry rule. That means Goblin Wolf Riders don’t lose Fast Cavalry when they include a character on a giant wolf.

Right now, by the rules, that has no bearing whatsoever on Chaos Dwarfs, Tarrakk, because it’s the Hobgoblins that have the Fast Cavalry rule when they have wolves, not the wolves themselves. So a Hobgoblin Hero doesn’t get Fast Cavalry just for riding a wolf.

But I said when we were first doing the FAQ that if the O&G 8th Edition FAQ had something that addressed this issue, I’d argue for Chaos Dwarfs following suit. Since the new rules feature exactly this, I think we can reopen the debate. But, as I said, that’s an issue for the FAQ. The rules as written are not confusing at all.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

So I raised a point for re-consideration! :smiley: I feel so proud!

Well, looks like you guys might have to get the new book then? …I happen to have 2 for sale! :smiley:

Shakhorth:

I got the new book, like the hard cover… a lot! :slight_smile:

Bolg:

you know you’re playing to long when you can make this picture:

I’ll start building O&G army list in 1 minute (:

Hardcover is cool, but the illustration is a bit lame. I want a sea of green, not just one stupic orc S:

nitroglysarine:

Awwww, the far left one I melted the cover on a gas heater.

Ah the memories!

And the new cover, does that orcs head seem a bit…well…small?

vulcanologist:

Got the book and the cards today…unfortunately the missus took them straight off me to put away till my birthday on tuesday!