[Archive] Who needs orcs when youve got..... Fimir

RedJetbikesGoFaster:

So ya was thinking to myself, since I already love one discontinued GW army, why not add another race that got the axe to it. Figured I would convert up some Saurus warriors into centaurs and get em’ maces, run them instead of orcs… For those of you who dont know the fimir as a race depend on human women to procreate… I totally don’t see a Chaos Dwarf having an issue with paying Fimir with slaves that wouldnt last a day in any mines… my question is what do you guys think of the idea… secondly… any thoughts on what mace’s i could use?

BLOOD AXE:

The Fimir were not “centaurs” (unless I am mistaken), it was the Zoats. I don’t know much Zoat background, were they mercenaries? Evil? I only saw them in the one White Dwarf battle report and they fought FOR the Wood Elf side AGAINST Orcs & Goblins.

White Dwarf #120 December 1989 “A Gathering of Eagles”

Willmark:

Ahem…

Fimir have been discussed at length here:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5834

AGPO:

Thanks Wilmark, I was just about to post a link to this

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I think Fimir and Chaos Dwarfs also don’t quite match geographically, right? It would be about the same as mixing Dark Elfs and Khemri.

BLOOD AXE:

Lots of Fimir & Zoat love lately around here. :o[/align]

AGPO:

I think Fimir and Chaos Dwarfs also don't quite match geographically, right? It would be about the same as mixing Dark Elfs and Khemri.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Where were the Fimir from originally Ishkur?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

They’re from Albion AFAIK, so pretty far away from the Darklands.

Willmark:

I think Fimir and Chaos Dwarfs also don't quite match geographically, right? It would be about the same as mixing Dark Elfs and Khemri.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Where were the Fimir from originally Ishkur?

AGPO
Where they were from was always very ambiguous at best. At most it alluded to the fact they were most often found in swamps.

AGPO:

Maybe thats why they disappeared - wiped out by skaven

Doombeard:

fimir were in heroquest anyone remember them? anyone into slann here? theres a huge load being sold on ebay by blackcat bases . they were the original lizardmen

Malificant:

zoats were the big scaly centaur things, and they were not evil but wood elf allies. and i beat you to it:sick

AGPO:

Wish I knew the fluff behind them. Doubt they’d fight with Fimir if they allied to the wood elves