[Archive] Why are there are two CD sites?

Khaosbeardling:

I just don’t understand why there are two seperate Cd sites. Shouldn’t we consolidate into one site, we’d be more “noticable” that way imo.

Hashut’s Blessing:

They have different agendas and are separate sites. There WAS a third (well a second, this is the third), but it died.

Xander:

CDO strives for constant improvement and well organized content. You’ll see Compilation Stickies in our Hobby threads, and well as an active Wiki project. Soon the main site will come along which will add another layer of professionalism to our site.

Essentially, Hand of Hashut became bland and stagnant. With no active projects, no desire for change, and a bad spam bot problem. One issue they had is that they only had 1 administrator. So if something goes wrong, everyone has to wait on one person to come online and try to fix it. We, thankfully, have 3 Administrators, in addition to 3 Mods. This makes the site under near constant surveillance, which helps to ensure such problems are solved quickly.

I hope to get the main website up and running shortly.

wallacer:

Hand of Hashut also has that infuriating Spell Checking pop-up that appears every time you submit a post…

angryboy2k:

No it doesn’t.

Maybe it doesn’t like you… I have the death sentence on twelve systems.

Steve

Xander:

Spell checking pop up? Since when? o.o

…I’ll be more careful next time.

hal:

I get a spell checking thing as well, something about a cow- very annoying.

wallacer:

I get a spell checking thing as well, something about a cow- very annoying.

hal
Since other people don't seem to get it, i'm guessing there may be a way to turn it off.
Time to go tinkering....

Xander:

I think Firefox makes short work of it. :wink:

catbarf:

I’ve got Firefox, I keep getting the spelling pop-up. The problem is that it doesn’t recognize things like orc, hobgoblin, or anything of any real use on a CD site.

cornixt:

You can turn it off in your account settings.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As above.

hal:

You can turn it off in your account settings.
That's really good to know, cheers.

AGPO:

I agree with what Xander is saying about HoH. When I was looking for a decent site which supported Chaos Dwarfs, it was the first one I found, but it was totally jumbled and confusing. This site is far more clearly laid out and organised. Well done Xander :hat off

Xander:

I agree with what Xander is saying about HoH. When I was looking for a decent site which supported Chaos Dwarfs, it was the first one I found, but it was totally jumbled and confusing. This site is far more clearly laid out and organised. Well done Xander :hat off

AGPO
I appreciate that. It's really a mixed bag over at HoH, sure there is tons of great content (and don't get me wrong, I love HoH), but it's all buried and hard to find. I really wanted to make things organized so as to encourage onlookers and potential CD generals to learn as much as they can without having to search endlessly.

With any luck, we'll get a really strong following here thanks to the organization we are trying to achieve. :)

AGPO:

Perhaps a new thread, providing links to the best content on HoH would be possible from those who use both sites? That way users of this site could benefit, and we’d be directing people towards the other site as well, everybody gains! :slight_smile:

Revlid:

Hand of Hashut is a veritable treasure trove of information, maps and images. But, as has been said, it is very old.

Uzkul Werit:

Hashut’s Chosen wrote an army book, that being the crown jewels of the site. The only unit I didn’t get was the Infernal Trebuchet.

Xander:

Perhaps a new thread, providing links to the best content on HoH would be possible from those who use both sites? That way users of this site could benefit, and we'd be directing people towards the other site as well, everybody gains! :)

AGPO
If someone wants to make a Thread in the Chaos Dwarf Section with links in it to some really great threads at HoH, that would be awesome. Revlid would probably be best equiped to make somehting like that. I would even sticky it. :) Just organize all the links, and that would be great.

HoH is awesome, but it is supremely lacking in organization. :)