[Archive] Wich list do you use?

Pumpavius:

Hi!

I’m pretty new to Chaos Dwarves so I’ve been reading some of the fan-made lists available and, of course, the official ones, to select a list to use in my friendly games with my gaming group (we are in Chile, so no GT over here, just a bunch of friends playing :cheers).

So I would like to know wich list do you use when you field your Chaos Dwarves in friendly games. If you could also say why you choose that specific list it could be a great guidance to us new “soon to be” dawi zharr.

Thanks!

brotsorrow:

Hey man, welcome to the site. I will be basing my army on the LoA list as I think it will incur the least amount of resistance. Since the list is “official” I’ll stick with it. Mind you I wish it included Black Orcs as I got 20 plus command (all metal) for free.

Samanos:

The official list right now is the legion of asgoth, so if you are looking for something gw legal thats the way to go.

now there are several other options, some members here have created their own army books, but if you choose to use one of these i would recommend you talk about it first with your friends, as some people may have issues with using fan-made books.

personally i use legion of asgoth list because i want to field chaos dwarfs in tourneys and competitve play (you cant do that with fan made army books)

Da Crusha:

I put ravening hordes because I miss it so much. but since I am a regular tournament goer I only use the Loa List now.

Pumpavius:

Wow seems like LoA is the winner by far! ('til now)

Is that just because you can use it on official tournaments or for another reason?

Bassman:

Well, actually I love to play official books only and after playing ravening hordes for 5-6 years I got bored and wanted something new. So when LoA come out… the choice was obvious :slight_smile:

It adds diversity and new toys to play with!

Lava Lord:

someone mentioned that the black orcs are no longer part of the list, that is a shame. does anyone have an inside as to why they were cut?? curious, they fit in good. the black orcs were created by the chaos dwarves…

MLP:

someone mentioned that the black orcs are no longer part of the list, that is a shame.  does anyone have an inside as to why they were cut?? curious, they fit in good. the black orcs were created by the chaos dwarves....

Lava Lord
Black Orcs haven't really been cut, they're just not in the Legion of Azgorh.

The current army list in Tamurkhan is a themed army based on the Black Fortress army assisting Tamurkhan against the Empire and doesn't represent the entire forces of the Chaos Dwarfs.

Bitterman:

someone mentioned that the black orcs are no longer part of the list, that is a shame.  does anyone have an inside as to why they were cut?? curious, they fit in good. the black orcs were created by the chaos dwarves....

Lava Lord
...and then rebelled against them, escaped from slavery and went stomping all over the world, free from CD restraint.

They don't really fit in the Chaos Dwarf army at all fluffwise IMO. (And, yes, LoA isn't strictly the "Chaos Dwarf army" but it's the closest official thing we're likely to get any time soon).

Thommy H:

Well, there were Black Orcs back in the 4th/5th Edition army, with the general caveat that they were mercenaries rather than slaves. But even if they were slaves, I don’t think it’s a big deal: the Black Orcs led the rebellion, but there were plenty of other greenskins rising up alongside them, and no one has any problems with that rabble still being slaves.

Anyway, since we’re on the subject of using other lists, I should point out that my book has Black Orcs as a Special choice, should you have a hankering to include them in your Chaos Dwarf army.