Willmark:

For now I will not say anything or reveal anything other then this:

:slight_smile:

EDITED: since someone guessed outright :wink:

tjub:

Nippon themed Skavens? :stuck_out_tongue:

furrie:

its lizardmen :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nicodemus:

Old school Ally Morrison Hobgoblins??

Willmark:

Nothing chaos dwarf related.

bas_2312:

Nippon? Samurai and Ninjaā€™s?

Willmark:

Nippon? Samurai and Ninja's?

bas_2312
We have a winner! Have some slaves.

Fuggit Khan:

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing thisā€¦there are sooooo many cool Nippon/Cathay/Samurai themed models out there. There are also many nicely sculpted Samurai resin heads available that can easily be added to various conversionsā€¦

JMR:

I'm looking forward to seeing this...there are sooooo many cool Nippon/Cathay/Samurai themed models out there. There are also many nicely sculpted Samurai resin heads available that can easily be added to various conversions...

Fuggit Khan
Agreed. A Nippon army is on my "want to do" list, but I'm strongly trying to keep myself from taking the plunge until I've lessened the pile of unpainted minis.

Looking forward to see what you come up with, Willmark.

Willmark:

What inspired me were these guys:

My Demigryphs will not be chickens but will be cool none-the-less. Right now while I work on getting my models Im working on a Nippon castle. Its going to be cool. Not enough of it to show at the moment.

Nicodemus:

I was pretty darn close with the Ally Morrison Hobgoblin guess then :wink:

Bolg:

Willmark inspired by Basā€¦ this will be a blog iā€™ll keep a close eye on (:

Good luck!

Khaas:

Thereā€™s a local player with a Nippon themed Empire army from Blue Table Painting that looks pretty good, I forgot where they got the base models but theyā€™re a bit smaller scale than GW ones.

What I would like to see in this:

Fireworks/Rockets

Lions/Dragons for Demigryphs

And some hidden samurai

Either way, Iā€™m anxious to see what you do with this.

Willmark:

The general idea I have is of a very powerful daimyo with a stout castle along the sea. I originally thought of a wandering band of mercenaries but that doesnā€™t fit into my theme (IMO). So at one point he wandered the globe in his war junks (where he acquired a giant no less, oops I let slip out one rare unit!) since then heā€™s used his wealth to built the castle. On occasion, he raids at his whim, but mostly defends the southern shores of Nippon from invaders.

Heā€™s rich enough that his crossbow men are a mercenary contingent from Cathay. Iā€™ve already picked out these guys: http://curteysminiatures.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=605

Khas- for the demigylphs youā€™ll just have to wait and see.

Thereā€™s a local player with a Nippon themed Empire army from Blue Table Painting that looks pretty good, I forgot where they got the base models but theyā€™re a bit smaller scale than GW ones.

Khaas
Khas- any links?

Khaas:

Yeah, I texted him and asked him for pics. Soon as I have them Iā€™ll get them online so you can see. It looks like BTP removed the pics log from their site, and I canā€™t remember what the youtube videos of it were, so yeah. Hopefully heā€™ll have the video links. Sounds interesting, anxious to see some progress.

Da Crusha:

Very cool, I have also just recently decided to make an Asian themed army. But mine will be more about Cathay and only touch on Nippon. I have been fascinated by Asian themed armies since I saw a converted army In A white dwarf many years ago. It was a Cathay themed brettonia army. I have since converted one monk model and have collected 30 or so random Asian miniatures, mostly Samurai but I also have 2 Asian dragons. I plan on running mine as high elves or dark elves havenā€™t decided yet. I have some links and pics of Asian models on my laptop at home. I can post some if youā€™d like. Also I have just found a new asian dragon model on a kick starter.

Willmark:

Yeah that was White Dwarf #314. I have that one. That army ran as a Brettonian force (yuck) was more along the lines of epic Chinese Kung Fu movies (to a degree). My inspiration is more along the lines of Shogun and the 3rd edition warhammer armies book. So in a way, my idea is the opposite of yours: Nippon with a few Cathay elements.

Cathay or a Chinese inspired movie is more like as a friend of mine said: ā€œEpic china and epic Chinese movies.ā€ Nothing wrong with that, but not what Iā€™m going for. That said I did enjoy Red Cliff for instance, but still liked Shogun better. Although Kung Fu Panda was epic and it rocked!

Still working on sourcing some parts for certain models and assembling a few others. I also found my my shinto cleric that will be my stand-in for a warrior-priest. Not bad after two moves and the fact I bought him years ago.

Khaas:

Hey Willmark, hereā€™s the official word for the moment.

"I actually donā€™t have any (pics). And I packed it up it already with the move stuffins (theyā€™re in the process of moving).

Itā€™s basically just Easterling LotR minis"

Which should give you a rough idea, they did add some dragons and dragon cannons, etc as I recall. But I believe it was created without Demigryph Knights, possibly before they were released.

cornixt:

Which army book are you using?

Grimstonefire:

There are a couple of really good fan made Nippon books out there. I did have one downloaded once but I canā€™t seem to find it.