[Archive] Willmark's Gamesday blog

Deebo:

lol thats some funny stuff, evan though so sad for me the hat lover!

Speaking of hats… is there CDO hats?

Steven:

lol, imagine the headline "Pushpins sales up 10% over last year; the cause? analysts suggest it is due to the recent re-release of Chaos Dwarf miniatures from Games Workshop, all because there were no 'big hats'"

Sojourn
LOL!!

Thanks for the posts Willmark. Hope you had a good time! The pictures are great!

Willmark:

Speaking of hats... is there CDO hats?

Deebo
Why? Are you volunteering to make some? Could be done but shirts is a good place to start.

Grimstonefire:

@Willmark

Did you get many people asking you about the forum?

Great job on the pics as well. Sad I know, but makes my evil CD heart swell with pride to see GW staff and anything to do with Chaos Dwarfs Online in the same photo.

wizuriel:

someone needs to make big CD hats :smiley: like those top hat types they have at amusement parks :smiley:

but yeah sad about the no hats if they come back :frowning: love the big hats really adds character.

Willmark:

@Willmark
Did you get many people asking you about the forum?

Great job on the pics as well.  Sad I know, but makes my evil CD heart swell with pride to see GW staff and anything to do with Chaos Dwarfs Online in the same photo.

Grimstonefire
There were some that asked. The funny thing was the negative reactions (of which they were minor) revolved around.... you guessed it, the hats. Suffice to say outside of the fans most people have that reaction, or at least a number that I came across did.

As far as the site I dont know. Obviously if we get an influx of traffic it worked. I'm guessing once we get the shirts to the UK contingent it will have a greater impact.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I have an interview on Sunday at GW. I doubt it can be got to me by then, but I’d have worn mine there :smiley: Still, if I work there and am allowed, I shall wear it at work :smiley:

As for hats, I’m tempted to make a prototype… Just remind me next week when I’m less busy. (My girlfriend is taking me to the West End to see the Lord of the Rings musical, before it closes next month, as a gift for passing first year of uni.)

Deebo:

Speaking of hats... is there CDO hats?

Deebo
Why? Are you volunteering to make some? Could be done but shirts is a good place to start.

Willmark
But your shirts are finished now :cheers
Naa I am not volunteering just yet, I am still working through getting my own shirts made, damn they are expensive!
In total inc shirt and embroiding It will cost nearly $90 per shirt!

Posted by wizuriel - Today 06:53 AM
someone needs to make big CD hats like those top hat types they have at amusement parks

Now that coul get expencive! although they would look cool!!
Perhaps just a cap would be a good place to start.

Geckilian:

I fully plan to wear the Chaos Dwarf shirt this coming Games Day. No doubt it’ll be a point of reference for any other forum members. If all the members going to Games Day UK wear it, we may even bump in to each other.

wizuriel:

Posted by wizuriel - Today 06:53 AM
someone needs to make big CD hats  like those top hat types they have at amusement parks  

Now that coul get expencive! although they would look cool!!
Perhaps just a cap would be a good place to start.

Deebo
bah forget great place to start, more fun to jump to the hard,, expensive cool stuff :cheers

Deebo:

lol your right, its been playing on my mind ever since you mentioned it and how they could be done and how much and well I might go shopping on my days off, I just gotta be sneaky so as to avoid the AWS shhhhhhh

GRNDL:

re: CDO hats

A custom Fez, perhaps? Maybe the Shriners or something can get us a deal…

wizuriel:

this is the type of hat I was thinking of (stovetop hat). Going assume pretty cheap since were being sold like $15-20 CND. Though no lable or anything on to tell who makes them :frowning:

Lord Darkash:

would have to stiffen them up though, very floppy those are.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Deebo, what does AWS stand for? I might get a chance to do my prototypye on Saturday, just remind me too :wink:

Willmark:

Oh yeah forgot, during the costume contest two things happened. One the brettonian contingent staged and actual marriage proposal, she said “yes”.

Secondly I am starting to show my age. The rest of the crowd and I screamed and yelled so much that the little kid (8 perhaps) dressed up as a eldar phantom titan won over the cute early twenty-ish girl dressed up as a dark elf sorceress, she had the body and face for it too, man I must be a Dad now or something.

I thought for sure she would win, but when the crowd saw the kid we went absolutely nuts!

AGPO:

Damn, I feel your pain, there aren’t enough Witch Elves at Gamesday anymore

Sojourn:

uhhh, I’ll stick with the t-shirt, lol. hats don’t do it for me.

wow. public proposals… such a gamble. I do not endorse; there was something on the news the other week about it, how many people have been turned down recently (one was at an NBA game! she said no and walked off the court = PAIN) but good for them.

kids always ruin contests like that. bah. but I suppose it’s really the father’s in the audience that do it. bad Willmark!

Willmark:

Wait till you have kids you’ll understand…

6 seconds in… girl dressed up as the dark elf sorceress who came in second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEyVNpV5DSE&feature=related

Sojourn:

wait til I have KID you mean. and even that’s not a likely happening. heh kids don’t like me. they cry. I can’t deal with it.

wait, you think she’s early 20s!? yah… I guess… but great costume! you’re right, she has the face for it. :slight_smile: