[Archive] Willmark's High Elf Army

Willmark:

Maybe if I get some time I’ll take some more shots of it. Right now my time is being eaten up by my CDs. Maybe the next time I update my army blog I’ll take some extra photos.

AGPO:

They are they are now stripped down and sitting in a box

Willmark
Be good to see them painted, I really like the 5th ed high elf models - somehow elves always get the best model ranges

Benjiman:

Seeing this dragon has made me realise what a fool i am for turning down the offer of getting the new dragon a week early :S I went to warhammer world and they offered me the new box set, dragon and army book before release… Anyway, absolutely excellent job there. Coming from someone who used to play Dark Elves it hurts me to say it.

Willmark:

Thanks Benjiman. I still play High elves. Of course once my CDs are done who knows??? :wink:

Ahhh druchi, love kicking the crap out of them, jk, well, not really :wink:

AGPO:

They are they are now stripped down and sitting in a box.... Did you need to get the post count up there AGPO??? ;)

Willmark
For the record I'd already got 1,000 posts before posting that one, I just liked the old minis. And yes congrats for passing me Wilmark, you're an even bigger geek than me

Willmark:

Woah simmer down there AGPO. It was simply a joke, calling me a geek? In other related news water is wet and the sun is hot! So there :stuck_out_tongue: Besides I never said it as a contest, nor did I view it that way. Just having fun. And when I poke fun at you, I’m including myself.

Look no further then this to get a sense of what I mean:
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5525

I poke fun at myself first any foremost, thats all, No hard feelings… k?

AGPO:

Same here mate, no offence meant, oops… skulks shamefacedly away to kick some hobgoblins

Willmark:

Riiiiiipppppppp threadomancy

Finally got around to updating some photos of this guy:

Dino:

Nice dragon Willmark. Very nice painting youve done on it. The rider looks good as well. However I must admit that I never took you for an elf player.

Swissdictator:

Very nice, I love the banner especially too.

Nice work overall, very cool.

Willmark:

Thanks guys-

Nice dragon Willmark. Very nice painting you’ve done on it. The rider looks good as well. However I must admit that I never took you for an elf player.

Dino
If I ever get a chance to paint more of another army it would be these guys of my WoC army. I still have about 3,000-4000 assembled and unpainted for my High Elves. :o

I’m also curious as to why people are surprised I am /was a High Elf player, after all I did mention it in podcast #3 :wink:

Merchant:

Cool I like you repose of the dragon it self - very very great and the colour as well - you are a great painter :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Assembling something other than chaos dwarfs? For shame Willmark!

Awesome dragon though :wink:

Willmark:

Assembling something other than chaos dwarfs? For shame Willmark!

Awesome dragon though ;)

AGPO
Naw I built him in late 2006/early 2007.

Many thanks. I'll have to rename this thread thou once I start adding more models.

Dino:

I think the reason we don’t take you for a HE player is becouse you have that really big CD army log. So we are either expecting dwarfs or anything chaos. But thats just me.

Willmark:

No worries, it is a bit odd I’ll agree and usually I play the"good guys" in almost any gaming system. Chaos Dwarfs roped me in long ago, not sure why, but they did. I garnered that interest long before I ever started the army too.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Nice looking dragon you have there:)

Greetz

G

snowblizz:

That is incredibly nice.

Could you give a run-down on what you did? Apparently it is “just” reposed?

If you have bigger “bare plastic” pic that would be interesting as well.

Maul:

Look there is a unit for your future DOW of war army (Asarnil the Dragonlord).:hat

Willmark:

Yeah as noted… they aint gonna happen! :wink:

But anyways here is my next round of updates, my snow-leopard griffon mounted general.