[Archive] Willmark's High Elf Army

Willmark:

Pics of my primary dragon for my High Elf Army. Not the best photos (the only ones I have of this, unless I take the time to re-shoot it…) but one of my best conversions for High Elves… The first one is the only photo I’ve ever found that I took before I started painting it.

Canix:

Lurveerly blue scheme nice “posing” typical high elf:D

Nice seeing it grow ,anymore you say primary Dragon

Kera foehunter:

wow that a great dragon willmark (lucky) i like your paint job

minty:

Nice conversion, I like the use of the old dragon arms on it, and the paint job as well

wallacer:

Nice blending on the blue shades there, Will.

Willmark:

Thanks guys (and Kera). I finished it in February, right around the time this site launched in fact. The blue came good due to the blue washes I used on it.

Ghrask Dragh:

Excellent conversion and paintwork here Willmark, I find that dragons are particulary hard so :hat off

What do you think of the new model?

Khan!:

Wow! Great conversion, going for the new style I see. The blue looks really excellent, I would love to see close-up, slightly clearer pictures of the head and rider if you get the chance!

Willmark:

Excellent conversion and paintwork here Willmark, I find that dragons are particulary hard so :hat off
What do you think of the new model?

Ghrask Dragh
I like it, the kit looks great. Well is actually new/old. Its plastic yes, but it is almost entirely based on this: http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0804dragons.htm

Bear in mind I have no issue with that just pointing it out.
Wow! Great conversion, going for the new style I see. The blue looks really excellent, I would love to see close-up, slightly clearer pictures of the head and rider if you get the chance!

Khan!
Heh, actually i did this in February... :)

AGPO:

Are those classic silveer helms and a spearman champion I see in the background? Awesome work Wilhelm!

Willmark:

They are they are now stripped down and sitting in a box… Did you need to get the post count up there AGPO??? :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

That’s a truly beautiful paintjob! Any chance to get bigger pictures than those above?

Willmark:

Maybe if I get some time I’ll take some more shots of it. Right now my time is being eaten up by my CDs. Maybe the next time I update my army blog I’ll take some extra photos.

AGPO:

They are they are now stripped down and sitting in a box

Willmark
Be good to see them painted, I really like the 5th ed high elf models - somehow elves always get the best model ranges

Benjiman:

Seeing this dragon has made me realise what a fool i am for turning down the offer of getting the new dragon a week early :S I went to warhammer world and they offered me the new box set, dragon and army book before release… Anyway, absolutely excellent job there. Coming from someone who used to play Dark Elves it hurts me to say it.

Willmark:

Thanks Benjiman. I still play High elves. Of course once my CDs are done who knows??? :wink:

Ahhh druchi, love kicking the crap out of them, jk, well, not really :wink:

AGPO:

They are they are now stripped down and sitting in a box.... Did you need to get the post count up there AGPO??? ;)

Willmark
For the record I'd already got 1,000 posts before posting that one, I just liked the old minis. And yes congrats for passing me Wilmark, you're an even bigger geek than me

Willmark:

Woah simmer down there AGPO. It was simply a joke, calling me a geek? In other related news water is wet and the sun is hot! So there :stuck_out_tongue: Besides I never said it as a contest, nor did I view it that way. Just having fun. And when I poke fun at you, I’m including myself.

Look no further then this to get a sense of what I mean:
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5525

I poke fun at myself first any foremost, thats all, No hard feelings… k?

AGPO:

Same here mate, no offence meant, oops… skulks shamefacedly away to kick some hobgoblins

Willmark:

Riiiiiipppppppp threadomancy

Finally got around to updating some photos of this guy: