[Archive] WIP War Shrine

Father Grumpmas:

I will probably never actually finish it but I am in the process of butchering up a Corpse Cart for a chaos War Shrine - may end up with a slight Nurgle look.

Basically complete apart from addtional skulls and chains (and maybe a nurgling or two)

grunts:

looks great! I don’t recognize the model riding on the shrine though, what is it? it looks awesome?

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Great look

I to was going to ask what modal is that?

Father Grumpmas:

looks great!  I don't recognize the model riding on the shrine though, what is it? it looks awesome?

grunts
It's an Ilyad miniatures chaos figure - a french company which produced resin miniatures but which is now out of business.

It is a great figure - looks like a genestealer/human hybrid up close.

Kera foehunter:

ONE HELL OF A GREAT JOB!!! Father Grumpmas  i like that and I’m just a pirate !!

need to start a occult so i too can have a war shire too

slev:

Yeah, Nurglings everywhere is the way forward…

Looking good man.

Bassman:

Lovely, the piece in the middle is awesome. Closer pictures , pleeeeze!

If it should be Nurgle, let corrupt it. We want to see rotten metal, nurglings and decaying flesh…

Have a nice job,

Bassman

Tharzhul Firehelm:

yeah i agree with the others, looking great though

Swissdictator:

I’m liking it a lot! Good job!

A friend of mine said he was thinking something similar, but is kinda inspired by yours.

Base for the chariot was what?

I like the idea of Nurglings too.

Any cool basing ideas? Having some slime trailing behind it would be cool. An empire villager convulsing would be funny too.

Father Grumpmas:

Base for the chariot was what?

swissdictator
I used the VC Corpse Cart as a base

Will look at the idea of a slime trail -would look cool

two_heads_talking:

what did you use for the brazier, the torches and the “sorceror?”

Swissdictator:

When I made some of my own plaguebearers I took Elmer’s glue and while it was still wet I put drops of Super glue in it (just left the drops as is). It made a nice effect.

Very nice use of the Corpse Cart.

Merchant:

I agree with swissdictator about the use of a corpse cart, I’ll like to see it done.

Mostly because you said it will be a Nurgle kind of War Shrine :slight_smile:

Father Grumpmas:

what did you use for the brazier, the torches and the "sorceror?"

two_heads_talking
The brazier and torches are from the Corpse Cart kit and the sorceror is an Ilyad miniatures chaos figure - a french company which is now out of business

I have replaced one of the marauder icons with a star of Chaos and will replace the chaos steeds with something more evil

grunts:

Perhaps pulled by an old-school beast of nurgle?  It does only have movement 4.  Once again, brilliant work

And slightly off topic; I just wrote up my first army for WoC…and realized that a warshrine with mark of Tzeentch has a 3+ward save!!!  I had to take one of course :P.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looks absolutely stunning! I knew I didn’t recognise that model :wink: So, what are all of the parts from? How will ya paint it?

Father Grumpmas:

So, what are all of the parts from? How will ya paint it?

Hashut's Blessing
Full bits breakdown

All the bits are from the Corpse Cart apart from:

Wheels - replaced CC wheels with spare solid wheels

Mage - the figure mentioned above

Harness - metal bit from goblin wolf chariot to go over the back of the horses

Steeds - empire knight horses

Poles - plastic tube

Icons - from marauder box

It will get a green/brown paint job so it looks sort of Nurgle - may add lots of green stuff corrosion to 'nurgle' it more and some more nurgle looking horses