[Archive] Wizard street fight

The Brain:

Ok my wife and I were having a debate the other day and I want to know what you guys think. Who do you think would win in a street match between Gandalf and Albus Dumbledore?

nitroglysarine:

Gandalf.

Dumbledore is just a bit to wet. Grated he can disappear in a ball of fire.

Thorne:

Lets face it … Gandalf not only got half nuked by a balrog but came back to life and kicked a balrogs ass and then went to kick more evil but later … Gandalf rules period

Warhammerman:

Dumbledore is cool as a mentor type character.

But, Gandalf absolutely kicks his ass in every encounter. Gandalf actually fights alot in the books, kiling orcs, balrogs, and tons of other uber baddies.

aesineir:

dumbuldore got killed by a schoolteacher

the best an aincient demon before being killed was temporarily stop gandalf

anyway gandalf isn’t human its unfair gandalf pwns

Warhammerman:

Yeah and plus Gandalf can’t really die in a theoretical since. Although he can be stopped from returning to Middle Earth he will never truly die.

Any wizard from LoTR can pwn Dumbledore when you think about it. Sauruman, Radagast, and possibly the two blue wizards that were never named.

Gar Shadowfame:

i think its totaly uncomparable, cos there are 2 different setting, and ideals of what magic is, silly discussion imo

Baggronor:

i think its totaly uncomparable, cos there are 2 different setting, and ideals of what magic is, silly discussion imo
I don't think it was intended as an entirely serious question...

Gandalf would kick Dumbledore's arse.

Gar Shadowfame:

if u want to compare, bear in mind that gandalf could use only several spells per day…

Willmark:

Ok my wife and I were having a debate

The Brain
Therein lies the problem, obviously you have not been married long. Otherwise you;d know when you debate with your wife:even when you win you lose. x.x

nitroglysarine:

i think its totaly uncomparable, cos there are 2 different setting, and ideals of what magic is,  silly discussion imo

Gar Shadowfame
that and them being characters not real people. ;P
but i think we are all forgetting Raiden from mortal kombat.... ;)

Kera foehunter:

is that gandalf the grey ?? or  white  and is it all hold bar

RoguePanda:

Dear me… what a scrap! Hmmm… no one thinks Dumbledore can win huh? OK, so his offensive magic won’t be a match for Gandalf, but I dare say he would have the edge if there was preperation time and strategy involved. Think about it - Gandalf failed to spot the One Ring right under his nose, and spent decades smoking tobacco or launching fireworks as his main activity. Dumbledore spent years keeping a school in order where the pupils are all in one-upmanship fights, some of the teachers are secret black arts guys who want him dead, giant snakes live in the sewers and there are more ghosts than in the Ghostbusters firehouse… the poor guy wore himself out I tell you!. Imagine if Dumbledore had time to marshal the pupils under his care into a fighting force…

Sorry, random stuff from Panda… just thought that Dumbledore needed some support :slight_smile: And now I have to get the image of a Strret Fighter 4 style “Wizard Fighter” out of my head… :o

Baggronor:

And now I have to get the image of a Strret Fighter 4 style "Wizard Fighter" out of my head....
lol What would Gandalf's Ultra Combo be?

Swissdictator:

A hippie hobbit could take DUMBledore.

I’m of the opinion the Harry Potter series was rubbish. So, no contest. I hate… HATE… books, shows, etc where they have kids has the heroes/heroines/main characters.

Warhammerman:

Harry Potter was cool, but the first two books were basically repeated plots of each other. LoTR blows them all away though.

cornixt:

Dumbledore spent years keeping a school in order where the pupils are all in one-upmanship fights, some of the teachers are secret black arts guys who want him dead, giant snakes live in the sewers and there are more ghosts than in the Ghostbusters firehouse... the poor guy wore himself out I tell you!

RoguePanda
Sounds like poor stewardship to me. A decent wizard would have sorted all that out years ago rather than leaving it to the students to risk their lives cleaning up the mess.

Thorne:

All I get now is the end part from when you win in mortal kombat … Gandalf wins fatality !

furrie:

I would win with both arms tight behind my back :stuck_out_tongue:

RoguePanda:

Well, the only possible thing I can think of for Gandalfs “Ultra Combo” move, Baggronor, would be something like this: The screen darkens, Gandalf glows blue-white, shouts “You shall NOT pass”… and then a Balrog lands on the other player and squashes it flat… the way I see it, that poor balrog that fell down with Gandalf just HAS to land somewhere eventually :slight_smile:

I see what you mean Cornixt… but then, the thought occurs to me that maybe Dumbledore wasn’t as nice as he made out, and the various nasty bits he left in the school were his way of getting rid of the kids that annoyed him! I now have an image of Potter and co watching him be dragged away by police shouting “I would have got away with it to, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!” (too many Scooby Doo movies for Panda :cheers)