[Archive] Wood elves(1)

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

it has just come to my mide that no one likes wood elves when in fact they are very good army yes they might not a chance vs a chaos in close combat but they are the best at range,magic and terran so think twice when fighting

wood elves:cheers

Ubertechie:

Hi there

Wood elves are one of the easiest armies to create a very competitive list with - dryads are glade guard are both good core choices, Wardancers, treekin and wild riders are all fantastic special choices and the Treemen are fantastic rare choices.

Couple this with good hero choices like an alter kindred noble and they are a very very good army.

They are especially deadly against undead armies as wardancers can chew through undead infantry regiments in very short order.

The things they dread are armies that can through lots of magic missiles at them as this negates their ward save and can kill lots of their expensive infantry.

For a CD army against them i would load up on sorceres with lore of fire, bull centaurs, blunderbusses (with full command), a few bolt throwers - you basically need to get as mobile as you can and ensure that anything that isnt mobile can hit hard.

Hope that helps

Sojourn:

I like wood elves, it’s what I’m basing my faerie army off of… plus they’re fun/easy to paint and I love archery. :slight_smile: and they have non-skanky female characters :wink:

so some people do collect them

AGPO:

Wood elves were my first army. Most people have no trouble with the list, its just that they’re, well… elves. Nasty little snooty, vegetable-eating, posh-boy, skirt wearing, harp playing, flicky-haired, over-clean, moisturising, beardless, blinged-up, nasty traitorous, pointy eared gits.

Canix:

Wood elves were my first army my opponents always got frustrated playing against treehuggers :smiley:

Now they have CD to get frustrated with:hat

Kera foehunter:

Don’y get caught in the wood with a spellsinger

there fast moving . but lead is faster i still hate them guys

Wood elves were my first army. Most people have no trouble with the list, its just that they're, well... elves. Nasty little snooty, vegetable-eating, posh-boy, skirt wearing, harp playing, flicky-haired, over-clean, moisturising, beardless, blinged-up, nasty traitorous, pointy eared gits.

AGPO
that what i was trying to say people think elves are like what AGPO said when in fact they can punch your light out (well not really there to weak) but i'd like to see a cocky like elf hater fight them they'd be suprise

Kera foehunter:

Agpo talk to much just kill them.!!!they are not any better sailor eather.

Grish:

WE have finished very high in most tournaments. They are a very strong army.

dancehat:

They are indeed a strong army, alot of solid choices for all parts of the army. There are no coincidence they´re placing high in tournaments, but dont exect them to win on autopilot. The movement phase are important in warhammer and WE are pretty much inmatched when it comes to mobility. Dryads are a no-brainer core choice, cheap, tough and very fast and at 12pts each they are a bargain. Wardancers are another scary unit which you really dont want to get charged by, it is not unusual to see a wardancer highborn in that unit either with blades of loec, StoCM and annoyence of netlings… in which case this unit might just become your worst nightmare. etc etc etc.

In short, yes. You can create highly competitive WE lists. The fact why WE are unliked by many are no doubt beacause of their mobility and point denial tactics, no one likes chasing shadows for an entire game only to get that bone-crushing charge in the final couple of turns.

Battling them I´d take Ubertechies advice, especiall the magic part. Very useful indeed.

…for the record it was also my first fantasy army but I havent played them since 5th and the very beginning of 6th(with ravening hordes list).

Grish:

Dancehat, are you Danceman on CN? If so, Hi-Tek it up.

dancehat:

Yepp, the same I just wanted a nickname with a better fit :slight_smile: …and I assume you are Grish heh, hullo mate. What does Hi-Tek it up mean by the way?

but the combat phase is good to with dryads,eternal guards,wild riders,wardancer an eagle,tree kin and tree men and they would be scary to all

zorn sabretooth:

i bet cd could beat those pointy eared tree botherers