[Archive] Worst day of my (trading) life

Necrotique:

Missed out on a stack of CD pieces (two tenderizers and lots of OOP models as well as a partial juggernaut for $155 P+P included.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=160571176944&si=U7aNmfeoDv1odJI3ndYLTaQRJIQ%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT#ht_499wt_1159

Can’t see it well but there are parts of a juggernaut in it (frame and level/bases, was missing cannon)

Looked into this and recognised the pieces as Juggernaut parts after I showed him a link to the component pictures. (The seller didn’t know anything about the models and the pictures were not the best, so I had to do a lot of inquiring to confirm it)

So the bidding was on.

I finished bidding today when I was at work (selling excess flowers at a local farmers market) and was placing a bid for the last few minutes as someone else bid $80.

I bid up to $149 as I was confident this would put them off of increasing the bid, considering the time left.

Was gonna stay and snipe the hell out of it at the end when suddenly, CUSTOMERS EVERYWHERE.

So I had to serve them, as they did not understand the importance of me winning this auction :mad

Anyhow, looked back at it on my phone after they were gone, and found out I lost by $1.50.

And that is a summary of the worst day of my (trading) life.

:cheers

Willmark:

That’s a bummer dude, my worst one was $.50… I can certainly sympathize.

Necrotique:

That's a bummer dude, my worst one was $.50.. I can certainly sympathize.

Willmark
What was your bid on?
It sucks so much hey. I swear sometimes the internet cuts out just when you don't need it to:~

Willmark:

It was on Chaos Dwarfs when I fist joined the site (2007). The kicker was it was around $200. The sad part was it was mostly on stuff I didn’t need and was going to sell here.

Necrotique:

Aaah, still sucks though.

Was stoked when I found it on ebay.com.au and even moreso when it wasn’t listed as anything to do with Chaos Dwarfs… thought I’d be nearly the only bidder. Ah well, c’est la vie

Willmark:

Such is the nature of “VultureBay” win some, lose some.

Glimpse the Void:

http://de.auctionsniper.com/

I use this program on my phone and it will prevent this from every happening to you again my friend. My the stream of acquisition turn more favorably onto you!

Everyone should shop this way on ebay, but I’m glad they don’t…

Galladorn:

Looked at the photo pretty carefully, and it looked more like old snotling pump wagon pieces in there. If that photo represented everything that you would get, then I think you’re lucky to have lost it. Looks like 3 old citadel mighty fortress arch doorways, some hobgobboes and other chaos dwarves in there. and the piece on the left side of photo 1 is definitely a wall to the old pump wagon. I would bet my house on it.

Moral of the story, the winner of this bid paid for a whole lot of nothin in my opinion

Pyro Stick:

I see quite a few sneaky gits but i dont see any juggernaut bits. I think i saw that auction a few days ago and if it had had juggernaut bits in it i probably would have noticed and put in a few bids myself.

nitroglysarine:

Yeah, I see a pump wagon and some CD, some old dark wlf models.

I think it wasn’t worth the $150 it went for.

Some nice models, but nothing worth a crazy amount on there.

Good luck on your next venture!

Necrotique:

Damn :frowning:

Was mainly drawn in by the tenderizer, but couldn’t see the “walls” too well so took the sellers’ word that it had juggernaut pieces.

Ah well, mistakes are made haha.

Sorry to get your hopes up on it

Pyro Stick:

Cant really see a tenderiser in that pic either. Which pic is it in? It sounds like the seller has no idea what hes selling so its more likely that he got confused and just went along with what people told/asked him.

Necrotique:

@Pyro, first pic to the right of the centre, there’s the rolling pin and I think there were a few more, but I’m a bit convinced the seller was wrong now come to think of it. Spose this is what happens when you bid in the last few hours while at work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

nitroglysarine:

Yeah, i think its one of the front cogs off a snotling pump wagon…(i think)

Necrotique:

Ah… damn.

I feel stupid now :~

nitroglysarine:

But at least you haven’t spent $150 and felt even more silly! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alfract:

Since it was posted on here before and the number of questions about being able to ship to the uk, i imagined the bid war was going to be hell

Necrotique:

@Nitro - haha yeah, glad that I didn’t win now, but I still would have loved the vintage models in the auction.

@Alfract - yeah, it did get rather bombed with bids towards the end but such is life I guess :slight_smile: