[Archive] Worst massacre you've had?

Grimstonefire:

I’ll put this here so it’s for all armies/ systems.

Do you have a defeat so memorable that it’s etched in your brain?

I had one a couple of years back that a friend reminded me of the other day… (:~)  2500 pts Dwarfs v Vampire Counts.

I don’t remember the exact details of the game, but I seem to recall the game being pretty much over by the 4th turn, and nobody survived at the end… :frowning:

Not a good day for the Dwarfs of Karaka Uzkul.

TwilightCo:

Ugh,

At the time I had been playing a 3rd or 4th edition Realms of Chaos army.

A couple of people I knew were getting into WHFB and invited me over and picked up a 5th edition RoC box set for me (the one Pirinen/Priestley did). Had I known how bad that ed. was I would have reconsidered.

My opponent was playing a 1000 pt Bretonnian army, all cavalry and archers. This came to about 30 models on the table. Until that edition I only had figures for Chaos Warriors and knights and champions. 1000 points allowed me to table 13 models (army stipulations at the time for RoC was that "The chaos retinue needed to cost at least as much as the Warlord.)

I believe it goes without saying that I was out flanked, out shot and generally out of luck.

GRNDL:

Do you have a defeat so memorable that it's etched in your brain?

I had one a couple of years back that a friend reminded me of the other day... (:~)  2500 pts Dwarfs v Vampire Counts.

I don't remember the exact details of the game, but I seem to recall the game

Grimstonefire
Uhhmmm... from your own words, it doesn't seem like it was that memorable for you... Not etched in your brain, had to be reminded, can't remember exact details, seem to recall....

/ponders Grim

BilboBaggins:

I have had games I was massacred and ones I caused the Massacre.

I do remember a Dwarf player quiting on me on turn 3 in my first tournament because it was break through and al my troops were in his deployment zone and his only unit left was a block of slayers facing the wrong way and with terrain in the way.

Another game against VC my Empire Great Cannon took out the general and his other magic caster in one shot on turn one. Never leave your characters out of the units and in a straight line if the Cannon. He did play it out to turn 4 before all crumbled, but all knew the game was pretty much over then.

Grimstonefire:

Do you have a defeat so memorable that it's etched in your brain?

I had one a couple of years back that a friend reminded me of the other day... (:~)  2500 pts Dwarfs v Vampire Counts.

I don't remember the exact details of the game, but I seem to recall the game

Grimstonefire
Uhhmmm... from your own words, it doesn't seem like it was that memorable for you... Not etched in your brain, had to be reminded, can't remember exact details, seem to recall....

/ponders Grim

GRNDL
I have had a fair few loses that I can't even remember anything about (other than I lost), so for me to even have vague memories of a battle I lost 2 years ago... It was bad enough ;)

WoodenPickles:

I was running a Tzeench daemon list with max power dice possible. He was running bretonians. The dice gods hated me, I rolled at least 4 miscast a turn not a spell went off. he killed everything I had, I didn’t make a save. I killed nothing. One trick pony failure.

cornixt:

I had a Goblin army with the two big units with my General and Shaman in both failed animosity rolls for the first 3 turns. I had no magic, no magic defense, and the heavy magic DE army tore me apart.

two_heads_talking:

I was running a Tzeench daemon list with max power dice possible. He was running bretonians. The dice gods hated me, I rolled at least 4 miscast a turn not a spell went off. he killed everything I had, I didn't make a save. I killed nothing. One trick pony failure.

WoodenPickles
Ouch.. I think that beats out my Orcs and goblins (me) vs Dwarfs.
first turn, first shot, 3 wounds to my general from a cannonball, every unit runs but the 2 night goblin units.. Oh yeah, my general was behind a unit of black orks.. it was one lucky as hell cannonball bounce

ravenwatch:

Bretonians vs O&G his grail knights hit the flank of my black orcs squashed them then proceeded down the line until my whole army was routed and dead… game ended on was 3.

Neil:

One that sticks out for me was against a cheesed to the max dwarf gunline. First turn I lost my artillery to his cannons, and all my bull centaurs, then I just spent the rest of the game trudging accross the board, removing models as I went. By the time I was close enough to charge, I had less than 20 guys left, and to top it off, I charged an Organ gun with a hero (rest of his unit was dead), he fluffed all his attackes, and lost due to high ground and outnumber. Failed his break test, and got organ-gunned to death. Possibly the most boring game I have ever played.

Once we played a 24hr multi-player game at our club (sponsered for charity), and a friend of mine managed to loose his Vampire general after about 5 hours play (second or first turn). He spent most of the rest of the game asleep in a back room.

Kera foehunter:

Never !!lol a player have never beat me bad !!! i lose do to the bad dession

Thorne:

Old school undead army totaly masacred but a bretonial lord wiht sword of corone swept my massed ranks of skelletons into dust while the green knigth took out my vampire lord his thralls and necromancer’s then finding out that my opponent was using the green knight wrong too.

TLTG:

The most memorable for me:

1) Getting killed essentially turn one in a 1500 point Vampires vs Empire game. My opponent leaned down to the table to get a model’s eye view, said “39 and a half inches!” and measured a perfect hit with a mortar on my general’s bean. I whiffed look out sir, and he wounded her three times. GG.

2) My very first game playing Bretonnians against a friend’s Orcs and Goblins list in a map campaign. I was bunkered down in my stronghold, having had real world stuff keeping me too busy to submit moves. He had me surrounded with all the extras. In what was technically a 1500 point game, I won by 2450 points.

3) Most recently, playing Chaos Dwarfs in a 2250 tournament against Warriors of Chaos. I tabled him on turn four, and lost only the black orcs. He got 60ish victory points from me, I got something well over 3000 after scenerio objectives and banners/quarters/general.

Baggronor:

My (balanced) Samurai Vampires VS dirty Empire gunline. Turn 1, all four cannons aim squarely at my general (yes, he was that imaginative). All four are on target. I fail three (yes three) out of four ‘Look out Sir’ rolls (as usual) and die three times over. Next game I introduced him to my ethereal Lord and twenty wraiths. I would never do that normally, but he was a nob who had been annoying everyone else too, so it was justice :slight_smile:

snowblizz:

Reading this thread has somewhat refreshed my memory.

Having played Beast of Chaos at a few tournaments I’ve been tabled quite a few times.

One I remember was an early 6th ed game, my DE vs a WE player who was infinitely better than me. In a 2000 point game he netted easily over 3000 VPs. My whole army, general/BSB bonus, a couple of banners, table quarters (possibly don’t remember exactly) and a Take and Hold objective for 600 or 800 points. He pretty much got all the points possible to get.

Another bad one I lost my Exalted Deamon on turn 1 to a Hellcannon, the Giant panicked in round 2 (Hellcannon) and never rallied and swept a whole flank along with him. DOs and Minos bounced of respective 10 man CW units and subsequently got run down. A dragon on lord stuck in a Bestigor unit for 3 rounds, I had 3 characters who challenged, he passed the Break Test all times and on the fourth turn they broke. In the end I had managed to kill 30 VPs. A unit of Chaos Hounds. 2250+ points down the drain for me.

That came on top of getting tabled by an Eshin list that I might have been able to do something with but somekind of flying Assassin Lord with Deathblade sliced pretty much everything. Though he was using a spell incorrectly which afford him way too good overruns and stuff.

When every enemy has poisoned attacks and you have no armour it gets really nasty.

I seldom massacre people but in a 1750 tournament vs an Empire guy, who was a real beginner, I’ve never seen Terror work so well.

The game didn’t start out well for him when my first turn took the giant he had deployed his cannon opposite behind a forest, who said he was going to stand there all game?. A unit of Furies moved up and he did nothing to stop them taking it out in turn 2. That was when the Exalted Deamon landed in the middle of his line causing Terror in 2 central blocks and detachments. When he tried to charge a unit of Knights with a Warrior Priest against the Giant they failed their Terror test and fled. When he flew in a Pegasus captain with the panic-fire spell he learned that most unit he could hit were Immune to Psych and the only unit affected passed its Ld7 test. The mission was to kill a character, a wizard on his side worth +400 points. I had it boxed in by round 5 with the Deamon but he failed his Terror test and ran into impassable terrain.

Of course all this game me was a last round game vs the best player present and his WE army of non-compy DOOOM! He had the tournament’s lowest allowed comp score, I had the highest => x.x

Maul:

Many years ago I had a power gamer moment.

I used to play chaos and mounted a khorne lord on a manticore with all the extra attacks you could muster (I think he was at 14 attacks on a charge). He was armed with a executioners axe (modern equivalent to killing blow that worked on everything). I was playing against wood elves and he got first turn. I flew high on turn one and when the general cam back down my entire army had been destroyed by the high elves one turn later. My crazed general then began to single handedly wipe out his entire army including loping the head off the treeman and unicorn and in general crushing everything. I do not believe the general even suffered a wound and his mount was fine at the end of all this. I believe at then end of it all a single glade rider was hiding in a far corner of the board and my general was a power gamers wet dream. I never player with that general again. This was not my worst defeat but it was a great learning experience.

Last month I played demons for the first time in a tournament with non-ridged comp system. I was wiped out by the end of the top of turn 5. I did get three units and a character though, but he had his way with me in every phase and I got hammered. It was not a fun game, I largely just removed models and desperately tired to save units, characters and hit things when I could.

Da Crusha:

I remember one game I played I was lizardmen and my opponent was brettonia, 3000 point game. I advanced with 3 units of skinks to lure the knights to charge, my plan was to flee and then charge with my saurus blocks and cold one riders. then the skinks would rally and hit flanks. I was also running a lvl 4 slann and lore of metal. well, he charged all across the entire battle line, we chose flee and I misjudged the distance by about a 1/4 inch :o my saurus blocks and my cold ones all got hit. some units of skinks were caught. my entire line broke, he overran and hit reinforcements. my turn comes around and nothing rally’s, meanwhile his comet of cassandora goes off and he kills a bunch more of my guys and one of his knights. I cast lore of metal spells and kill 2 knights. then the slanns unit is broken and all I had left was a unit of 2 swarms… I gave up.

IT WAS THE END OF TURN 3 AND I KILLED 3 KNIGHTS AND MY ENTIRE ARMY WAS GONE.

Malorn:

I recently played Druchii VS Brettonia: 1500 points

I made a cold one knight death star with Malus, 6 coldones with haggraef and Pearl of infinite, a champion with ring of darkness and a bsb with hydra banner. Its weak points were magic and template attacks so on my 1 turn I moved the long centerline unit 14" forward, so the bret player charged my 1 unit with 3 pegasi knights, 5 realms and 7 errants with general and bsb. My unit slaugthered most, his last units broke and i ran everything down. At the start of turn 2, all he had left was 5 mounted yeomen, and a big skirmish archer unit, with a Dark Emmisary in. The big unit was within COs charge range. After the game, we agreed that GW had done something terrible wrong somewhere (everywhere?) with the new druchiis powerlevel. :wink:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

My O&G against the new VC, on the first turn half my army ran off all I had left was a unit of NG with nettes, a orc shaman and gaint that had just fallen over :frowning:

My NG got charged by a Black coach and some wraiths lost CR and died, my shaman got killed by a unit of newly rased zombies and the giant got killed by some Grave Guards

A sad day ideed for all Greenskin