[Archive] Worst moments playing CD

asheira:

i know it’s hard, but i would like to hear the worst things that happend to your army in battle

1. killed by woodelfs, wildriderrs with banner of dwindling hit my flank, I flee on a 1d6-1 instead of 2d6-1, get run down and they flank anouther unit (they roled a 15, I rolled a 1[and at minus 1 I run 0])

2. both earth shakers blow up same turn

3. Earth shaker backfire, i guessed 19 inches to hit a cannon (not sure why he moved it up) i roled the arrow pointing backtoward the earth shaker and the  artilary dice was on 10 and the earthshaker effect went 11 inches and effected the verry earthshaker that fired it, and my BT

4. slave rebelion massacre 500 points of orcs and gobblins taking out my CD army and i only took out a few models (low roles)

Ancient History:

My Hobgoblins fled Gnoblars.

Steven:

I had two memories that were especially bad…

The first: This was my own stupidity thinking I was being clever. I was still pretty new to the game at the time. I was fighting Dark Elves and I attack a warrior unit with my general. The assassin pops out and fails to do any damage whatsoever to my Lord on a Taurus. What luck right? Well thinking I was being smart and would do more damage this way, I ignored the assassin and attacked rank and file thinking I would skew the combat results and the character would only hit me once or twice.

I may as well have brought a paper mache hammer of hashut because I hit nothing. This was the beginning of the worst series of rolls I have ever had. The DE player proceeds to teach me a lesson about thinking I was clever, and I am down to one wound on the general and a lost combat. I flee a grand total of 4" on my apparently hobbled Taurus.

Needless to say, the elves run over me like a freshly baked bran muffin under a steam roller. So now I do my panic checks. Not one of my units made the rolls. Not one. My entire army fled off the board.

Like I said, one of the worst series of rolls I have ever made.

The second one wasn’t nearly as involved but actually sort of funny: Death Rocket launched against an oncoming unit of Chaos Knights. I roll a misfire, and the subsequent rolls for misfires sent the rocket right back at the Death Rocket unit, destroying everything. Suitably chaotic I suppose, but it was mildly amusing. That would be quite a sight to see on a battlefield for certain. :hashut

asheira:

wow, that’s alot like my #3 earthshaker backfire prevents itself from working

Steven:

Heh heh! I think you win though. Much worse to lose the Earthshaker and a BT on top of that. Of course, I always sort of expect something bad to happen with the Death Rockets. :hat

wow, that’s alot like my #3 earthshaker backfire prevents itself from working

asheira

Thommy H:

My Bull Centaurs fled off the table after taking two casualties in the first turn the first time I used them. “Another great ebay purchase there…” I said sadly as I put them away.

asheira:

i’m go glad there’s a top 5 best on the site or this would be depressing

Kera foehunter:

have not had any bad thing happen. becase my army not done * sad*

Hashut’s Blessing:

So now I do my panic checks.  Not one of my units made the rolls.  Not one.  My entire army fled off the board.

Steven
I believe that the rule of an armywide panic check when the general dies was outed after 4th or probably 5th edition... Sorry to hear it happened dude!

No worries, Kera. My worst moment playing CDs was the fact I had to use normal dwarfs to play them at the time :D (However, as Evil Clown will agree, I pwned good with them :D 15 blunderbusses in a siege game took out 750 points in one shot!)

Leadblecher:

1 Cd Lord on BT charges unit of Brit peasants, they pass Terror. I failed to wound A SINGLE ONE AND THEY WOUND ME! I lose by 6. Run and roll 4 on 3d6 and get run down!

2 Playing wood elves with 2 ES and one blows 1st turn and the other missfires every other turn!

3 CDL on BT gets charged by Squighoppers and dies 2nd turn. CD unit panics and runs, however the Orc slaves pass and stay for a while. That I just don’t understand.

furrie:

I still need to get enough points to play a battle

Obsidian:

Well, thinking a sure win against a small unit of Gobbos only to lose by one point, fail the leadership test and roll snake eyes for fleeing distance…

There went my big expensive unit with two characters in it! :rolleyes:

Steven:

So now I do my panic checks.  Not one of my units made the rolls.  Not one.  My entire army fled off the board.

Steven
I believe that the rule of an armywide panic check when the general dies was outed after 4th or probably 5th edition... Sorry to hear it happened dude!

Hashut's Blessing
Yeah, I am really glad that has been changed. It was a long time ago that happened, so we were using 4th edition rules at the time. That was the one and only tournament I ever played in. It's a good thing that they didn't have an award for the most thorough trouncing because I would have taken that one home with a landslide victory. :cheers

Baggronor:

Picture this: 1 Treeman standing alone in front of a 25 strong unit of Chaos Dwarfs led by a Chaos Dwarf Lord with the Black Hammer of Hashut. All they need to do is pass one terror test on Ld10 and smack him, then I win the game. Cue one failed terror test and a swift exit via the nearest table edge.

That and the time an earth shaker shot scattered back towards my lines, unleashed a 12" quake and prevented my blunderbusses from shooting :slight_smile: Of course it didn’t stop them getting charged, losing combat and fleeing at half speed…

Deebo:

1.My gues for an earthshaker fire is perfect! I said I wanted to smack a Vampire general on the head and thats exactly where my guess is, scatter dice roll please… GREAT its a hit! Shot lands on his head, Artillery dice roll… MISFIRE!! Damnit!

2.Great Taurus and lord are flying about same Vampire lord hassling him with fire breath, opponants turn he moves them about to face my GT&L and starts the magic phase… I know Van Hal’s is on the cards so I let a heap of Pains in the Nehek go through and save my dispell dice,

His final 2 power dice left and here comes van hals and IRRESISTABLE FORCE!! Damnit! So I get charged, I get smacked a few times but saved by Armour of the furnace only to get Steven’s “paper mache hammer of hashut” Syndrome and then flee off the board.

3.My 1st game I made a silly mistake of attacking a building with 1 GT & L when there are a butt load of Thunderers inside… Ohhh the pain.

4.Just before the game… I am packing my Chaos dwarfs into a case to go down to play a game, My Centaurs are next when I walk into the door of my cupboard Centaurs 1st! ahhh more glueing

Repone:

The worst thing I suffered was the death of my 1+ armoured general by a killing blow done by a roll of 5 with a Sword of Kings…

I have to admit it’s no big deal.