[Archive] worst possible comp army list

Da Crusha:

what kind of RH army list can you make that has the worst comp for 2250 PTS… im thinking it will probably have 6 Bolt throwers and 2 earthshakers… after that Im not sure exactly what would make it have a bad comp score maybe 2 death rockets… I want to make a super cheasy Cd Army…if its possible

Characters

CD Lord(120) on Great Taurus(230)  440pts

Black Hammmer of Hashut (45)

Armour of Ghazrakh(30)

talisman of protection(15)

Sorc lvl 1 -2 dispel scrolls               115 pts

bull centaur hero                           149

Great weapon      

armour of the furnace

Bull centaur hero                           118

Heavy armour Great weapon

enchanted shield

Core

22 CDs with full command               228

15 Cd blunderbuss                         180

10 Hobgoblin archers                       50 pts

10 Hobgoblin archers                       50 pts

Special

6 bolt throwers                              180pts

2 death rockets                            160 pts

Rare

2 Earthshakers                               220pts

well, tell me what you guys think. the most obvious strategy is to play gun line. and then charge with quick fighty characters wherever support is needed.

Gavan Sing:

Try this list

lvl 4, 2 power stone, 2 dispel scroll

2 X lvl 2, 1 power stone & 1 dispel scroll each

BSB, sword of might, gazrakh armour

2 X 14 CD warriors, FC, 1 carrying reroll psych banner for slaves

16 BB

4 X 21 HB naked

2 X 10 HB wolfrider, LA, Shd, Mus

8 BT

2 ES

same tactics, gunline with HB wolfrider at flanks preventing march block, ES further 1/2 mvt. 4 units of HB as screens or diverter when enemy reach charge range, finish off with warriors & BB providing close range fire. I felt so dirty after playing this list once & I swore myself never again.

Warlord Zharhak

Da Crusha:

ya thats a pretty mean list, I myself have never actually fielded more than 4 bolt throwers but with all the uber lists out there I just feel like I should some time… I just realized I forgot to put in some hobbgobbo wolf riders for march blocking.

Da Crusha:

Characters
CD Lord(120) on Great Taurus(230)  440pts
Armour of Ghazrakh(30)

Sorc lvl 1 -2 dispel scrolls               115 pts

bull centaur hero                           149
Great weapon      
armour of the furnace

Bull centaur hero                           118
enchanted shield

Core
22 CDs with full command               228

11 Hobgoblin archers                       55 pts
11 Hobgoblin archers                       55 pts
10 hobgoblin wolf riders                   170pts
light armour shield bows mus

Special
6 bolt throwers                              180pts
2 death rockets                             160 pts

Rare
2 Earthshakers                               220pts

there, removed a blunderbuss unit and added the wolfriders for some march blocking, earthshaker combo

Da Crusha:

does anybody have any input on making this list more cheasy?

Bolg:

to much of a noob to give good feedback.

but its ist legal right:

Special

6 bolt throwers 180pts

2 death rockets � � 160 pts

thats one special slot to many or can you also take 2 for ione death rockets?

Da Crusha:

x.x oh shoot I didnt realize that thanks bolg…

Characters

CD Lord(120) on Great Taurus(230) 440pts

Armour of Ghazrakh(30)

Sorc lvl 1 -2 dispel scrolls 115 pts

bull centaur hero 149

Great weapon

armour of the furnace

Bull centaur hero 118

enchanted shield

Core

25 CDs with full 280

command with warbanner

15 Cd blunderbuss 180

15 Cd blunderbuss 180

11 Hobgoblin archers 55 pts

11 Hobgoblin archers 55 pts

10 hobgoblin wolf riders 170pts

light armour shield bows mus

13 naked hobgobbos 26 pts

Special

6 bolt throwers 180pts

1 death rockets 80 pts

Rare

2 Earthshakers 220pts

there spent the points on more cd warriors, a warbanner and some cannon fodder hobgobbos… it still doesnt feel really scary though… even less after losing the (Cheating) deathrocket

Gar Shadowfame:

wolriders are too expensive, turn them into 5 with no gear only musican, then they will be fine

Da Crusha:

wolriders are too expensive, turn them into 5 with no gear only musican, then they will be fine

Gar Shadowfame
I cant this is a Ravening Horde list, the minimum is 10... I could save 50 pts by getting rid of the equipment though

Baggronor:

I would drop the Taurus (its a missile magnet and not hard to kill for Dwarfs, Empire, etc, and is worth a lot of VPs) and go magic heavy. A Sorcerer Lord, 2 lvl2s and a tooled up BC BSB. Black gem of Gnar on a Sorcerer of your choice, 2-3 Scrolls, maybe a Power Stone or 2.

Bigger BB units so you can maintain Str5 volleys for longer.

I would also drop the Death Rocket, you have an awful lot of war machines and that isn’t always a good thing. Some armies are very good at neutralising them quickly.

Slow em down with the Earth Shakers and pound them with magic and Bolt Throwers. Have plenty of redirecting slaves/static combat resolution waiting for them when they reach melee.

I don’t really play RH anymore but how about something like:

Sorcerer Lord Lv4 (General)

+2 Dispel Scrolls

Sorcerer Lv2

+Black Gem of Gnar

Sorcerer Lv2

Bull Centaur Hero

+Battle Standard

+Sword of Might

+Armour of Gazrakh

25 Warriors

+Shields

+Full Command

+War Banner

20 Warriors

+Shields

+Full Command (I like having 2 solid blocks as the centre of my battle line, but this is personal choice)

20 BBs

20 BBs

10 Wolf Riders

+Bows, Light Armour, Shields (again, equipment is personal preference)

4x10 Hobgoblins

5 Bolt Throwers

2 Earth Shakers

This is my old 2250 dirty list. It won a fair few games but it ain’t what I’d call fun :slight_smile:

Alan the evil:

well baggronor… you posted the tipical cheese list of italian players(a list of some years ago…)!!

there are jut two differnce:

drop something for having 8 BTs!!

have 3 BBs units and one solid block…

these are not suggestions… I’m only describe the list!! Your list it’s much better!! I think that if you want to play this kind of army your building is one of the best possible.

But if I could suggest you something, well, move the gem on sorcerer lord: it’s the only save in HtH combat we can give to him!!

enjoy :hat off

P.s. I’m totally agree with you about great taurus… it’s a pretty fragile missiles magnete!!

Baggronor:

well baggronor... you posted the tipical cheese list of italian players(a list of some years ago...)!!
there are jut two differnce:
drop something for having 8 BTs!!
have 3 BBs units and one solid block...

these are not suggestions... I'm only describe the list!!
Hehe, I'm not willing to go that low :)
move the gem on sorcerer lord: it's the only save in HtH combat we can give to him!!
People expect it to be on the Lord though. I find I get better results by using it on a Hero; the Lord just stays away from melee at all costs, but I'm willing to risk a lvl2 if it means I can pull a dirty trick on something powerful (Greater Daemons, Vampires etc). The best protection for the Lord is to not be in combat :) Easier said than done with M3 admittedly...

Alan the evil:

baggronor:

Iknow that sorcerer lord must not going into battle but enemy’s troops gonna hunt him for is worth in battle and is value in pts.

so if you gonna put BSB into the big block with sorcerer lord with gem you can reach a tripleaim:

1-give to your most important charachter a save (in a game I lost him for a suicide charge of wardancer: 310pt+100pt for general changing a 18-2 in a 15-5 for me)

2-discourage the biggest target of your enemy’s army to hunt your most expensive unit (and forcing him to going somewhere under the menace of our BTs)

3-if someone find the gourage to charge our big block you can take away some attacks using the gem vs his most powerfull models, helping the unit to win combat.

if you want to stop something for a turn I could show you something stronger than a sorcerer with a gem:

20 hobbos with l/a and shield close to sorcerer lord&BSB: ld 10, unit streght 20, in HtH combat they have 4+ AS and 3 ranks… if they loose HtH combat they can reroll a failed test because of BSB (with Ld 10 they use to stand for sure in the first turn of combat)…

imagine a large target monster with great hero: usually they have 10 attacks in total that hit on 3+ and wound on 2+… this mean that they gonna do 5/7 wounds to hobbos.

With 3 ranks and outnumbering (and general and BSB close to them) they gonna test beetween Ld7 and 9 rerollable…

think about it :wink: