[Archive] Would this make a good Kollossus?

wallacer:

WarplockMonkey:

Hmmmm, looks a bit ‘organic’, and he looks a bit small as well

How come you use so many rackham models? They are alot different to GW figures, is there any reason?

Thommy H:

I agree with the ‘organic’ comment. It has the look of a monster rather than a machine. Maybe if you converted it so the face wasn’t visible in the middle, or made it appear more obviously daemonic (rather than just mutated) it might fit.

I did have the exact same thought when I first saw the figure a few weeks ago though. It’s certainly an impressive (if somewhat insane) piece.

wallacer:

How come you use so many rackham models? They are alot different to GW figures, is there any reason?

WarplockMonkey
Personally, I think Rackham make better miniatures than GW.
Plus, I don't much like the Big Hat CD miniatures, which means that since I wanted a large CD army with no duplicates and no big hats I was pretty much forced to buy other companies figures (or wait until 2009 and hope GW rerelease the CDs with new miniatures).

Ghrask Dragh:

It would take a-little converting to make it look more machine than stone I agree but it would be what I would get to make mine (if I were to going to make one).

I think Rackham models are some of the best around, more character than any other company for sure!

And it’s also nice to see a company that actually has a sense of humour!!:wink:

Revlid:

I personally loathe the Rackham style for everything except Daemons, which are meant to be oddly proportioned and caricatured.

This thing looks more like something from the Wizard of Oz than a Chaos Dwarf machine.

Ghrask Dragh:

Actually I think it looks like something out of Labyrinth!?!

I think I might put those spiked helmets on some of my goblins!

hal:

I love it, Rackham produce some of my favourite minis (good old french).

I figure that it could be used as a Kolossus if it fit in with your fluff.