[Archive] WW2 Romanian Renault R35 Tank

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi everyone!

I just finished building this little tank from RPM models. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

This little gem is RPM’s 1/72nd scale CZOLG LEKKI Renault R35 Light tank with 37mm gun SA18.

The kit goes together nicely and includes engine, transmission, moveable gun and more.

It’s a shame I had to glue the kit together as a solid piece.

The rear views of the tank. Note the Romanian Cross of King Michael.

The kit allows you to build variations from Romania, Jugoslavia, Russia, Poland, Syria, and France.

Here’s a picture of the tank with one of Hat’s 1/72nd scale Romanian soilders from kit 8118.

You can see how small the Renault R35 is in compairison. The tank was designed to shoot down groups of enemy soilders, not to fight tank to tank.

Hope you liked it!

See more pictures and post some of your own too at My Webpage(In the forums section.)

nitroglysarine:

Wow, its like the Renault Clio of the war years.

That truly is tiny! nicely painted!

cornixt:

I know the guy who makes these models: 澳门美梅高注册-主页 so I’ll plug his tank models.

Had no idea he did sculpting until I went into his house and saw his tanks lining the walls, knew them for ages through a completely different business!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Those are nice Cornixt!

nitroglysarine:

Q:- what were those tracks meant to be on the original? Rubber??

They look odd on a tank as they so often have metal tracks.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

The real tracks are metal links. The tracks on the model is the only place where the manufacurer totally missed the mark of detail, which is a shame as the rest of the kit is excellent!

nitroglysarine:

A right, I can see a hint of the metal detail on the inside of the track. I guess it could just be ‘muddy’ :wink:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

…that’s a LOT of mud! :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

...that's a LOT of mud! :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
There was allot of it in the world wars.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Perhaps…still can’t get anyone to play the game though.

nitroglysarine:

Then there is peace in our time :wink: