[Archive] Xander's BFSP Chaos Dwarf Warrior Conversions

Xander:

I actually took off that Bull Skull and replaced it with a Plastic bit modified to look like a Bull Skull. It was tipping too easily before… and making me mad. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have just primed this unit today, and will be painting as much of it as I can tomorrow. So stay tuned!

Bill-117:

Wow. You are an awesome converter. tips his bighat to you and bows

Btw, can you add up a way to convert Blunderbussiers?

Also, a good way to prevent the Bull Skull from tipping over as much is to glue bigs of scrap metal bits to the bottom inside of the base. If you can find any metal heads, glue them to the corners if you have room, and paint them to appear gory and decapitated.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Always fun Bill! And snotling, I am guessing you mean Gorthor’s (Is that his name?) chariot, since it’s not on the basic one…

Xander:

Snotlings Blunderbusses are great, so check out his. I haven’t really made a bunch of those yet.

The weight could not be overcome with counterweights on the base, which is why I had to replace it. :stuck_out_tongue:

AGPO:

Wow, those are some really nice models! I’ve just started a chaos dwarf army using some 6th edition Dwarfs but I’m stuck as to how to do the beards and would appreciate anyone’s advice. Also Xander, how do you do the GS molding for the masks? I’ve tried this but it just doesn’t seem to work for me.
Cheers:hat off

Xander:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5711

Check video #3 for beards. =)

AGPO:

Thanks, that vid really helped, my attempts at making moulds for the masks are failing miserably though! I’ve just finished my first CD using a sixth edition model using similar principles to the ones here, but with a much worse beard (I hadn’t seen the vid at this point) and with the back of the helm made from green stuff. My chaos dwarfs are on the move! :cheers

Perturabo:

I would also like to know how you molded the masks. The pictures give a good idea, but I’ve never done anything like that before.

Your video guides are excellent and easy to follow, so I might try Chaosifying the dwarf that came free with WD.

Grimstonefire:

Greeting Peturabo (is that the Iron Warriors Primarch? btw).

Those interested in casting greenstuff should check out these links.

No doubt Xander has some tips and tricks, but these should help. :wink:

Xander:

I essentially follow what this guy has done. The key factor is a “mold release agent” which is a fancy way of saying “something that makes sure the fresh GS doesn’t stick to the mold and become impossible to remove.” I either use a water-based lubricant or just a tad of water with wire handles so I can rip out the gs once hardened. :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Thanks, I’ve got that working now :hat off I use vegetable oil as a mould release agent, and that works fine. Thanks to everyone here for contributing - we finally have a new “unified look” for the chaos dwarfs! :cheers

oboudd:

i hope you paint and post them soon

Rumi:

could we maybe see the pics of this unit painted that are shown at the start of the hobbo video? please!? :hat off

Bill-117:

We totally need to see these blokes painted up…

AGPO:

They are available painted elsewhere on the forum I believe, you just have to do some digging…

zagor66:

Theres some pictures of them…painted that is.

TheChaosDwarfBehemeth:

Is there any way you could make a green stuff mould for the curly beards and just stick the the moulded one onto the dwarf?

Scrakes the chaos goblin:

questtion were do you get chaos mutaion sprue

Merchant:

Question were do you get the chaos mutaion spure

Scrakes the chaos goblin
- The mutation sprue was a part of the old Chaos Warrior / Chaos Space Marine boxset.
- But in the new editions I have not been able to find any of them... :~ cr*p

AGPO:

only chance now is ebay. Please do ot double post