[Archive] Xander's BFSP Hobgoblin Conversions

catbarf:

Yes, but I’d prefer for them to look different from all the Night Goblins a friend uses in an all-NG army :slight_smile:

oboudd:

nice dont u love how there base cost is just 2 points

Guildenstern:

has noone tried to do feet out of green stuff, yet? (I also wanted to push that thread because here we can see more details than in video :wink: )

cornixt:

Greenstuff shoes are really easy. Doing bare feet looks really difficult.

Canix:

Very nice conversions Xander that really makes the Bfsp set worthwhile now :hat off

Bet they will look cool painted

Xander:

And now with Nemo’s sneaky gits conversion, the box is even more enticing.

catbarf:

It certainly is. Now I just need to buy a pin vice.

How did you sculpt the straps/buttons/whatever on the bellies? The figure-8 seems difficult.

thyrk the butcher:

i just remove the small feet and give them some maradur legs and feet with a small bit of green stuff

Traitor King:

you have many spare mauraduer legs? the box dones come with extras IIRC…

Vitzh:

Out of curiosity do you think this conversion would work well by just taking the standard goblin legs, and the upper half of the BFSP goblins? This would simplify the conversion considerably.

Xander:

Out of curiosity do you think this conversion would work well by just taking the standard goblin legs, and the upper half of the BFSP goblins? This would simplify the conversion considerably.

Vitzh
Standard goblin legs lack the skirt part of the garb they wear. I am sure some GS would help us there. But in general, you want that pot belly, bare legs, bare feet and the skirt.

Compromises could easily be made, but every compromise takes a small something away from the conversion.

TheChaosDwarfBehemeth:

God i never thought u could make so many different models from the bfsp box set. I might go buy one and try out the Gits, Cd warriors and the Hobogoblins.

(The BFSP Dwarf warriors look alot easier to convert than the reagular ones, the sheild covers up practically all of the beard = less skill to make.)

Kera foehunter:

Thanks X for posting the sneeky gits more cool ideas

black hammer:

I really like the pot bellies and hats, they kind of look like smurfs

But with axes:~

speedygogo:

Great job Xander. I can’t wait to see them painted.

Darkvader:

Wow ! Did you imagine it yourself ? It’s amazing ! Congratulations

grupax:

you my friend, you have nerves of steel, and the hands of an artisan:hat off

Pygmy_Gr33n:

This thread has been necroed 3 times…

Oh, well! It is Chaos after all! Anyway, nice work Xander! Your conversions inspire us all!

darksquirrel56:

very nice hobbos are the legs from the wolf riders? 0_o