[Archive] Xander's Lammasu Conversion - Raging Heroes + GW Manticore

Xander:

Hi everyone!

It’s been so long since I’ve posted any pics here, but after I finally finished my last University course, I had some time to do some modelling!

I wanted to make a very monstrous Lammasu with a looming, powerful presence. I also wanted him to be able to be a stand alone, unmounted character, like a Greater Daemon or something.

So here are my WIP pics. The wings are not attached yet, they are just kind of sitting there for now.

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

:hat off

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s a great start but the base looks double what it should be. I think you need to get creative to shrink its’ footprint back to a legal size.

A mount worthy of a Sorcerer-Prophet!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Skink:

Great!!! Imposing and well executed!

Xander:

@Grimbold: I am not concerned with the base size. More and more monster mounts are moving towards this base size anyhow. Plus, I wanted more space for him to prowl. I wonder what sort of clever ideas I could come up with for a really unique sorcerer mount…

@Skink: Cheers! :slight_smile:

Glimpse the Void:

That is hot beyond description.  Thanks for the pictures!  I’m not bothered by the large base size, as its typically the smaller bases that get to be advantageous.

Skink:

What I like the most about it is the position of the forelegs and shoulders combined with the flow of its tail. These elements really give the model a lot of movement and bring the Lammasu alive! He’s not just standing there, he looks like he’s ready to jump or to cast a spell!

Baggronor:

Nice :slight_smile:

Some nice repositioning going on there, the head fits well too; show us more pics when its done!

Bassman:

Nice! Why not making him even bulkier and use him as a destroyer? That would be pretty cool…

Da Crusha:

looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Yodrin:

think it looks awesome, nice dynamic pose.

LF to more pics

Grimstonefire:

I’ve saw a conversion a few weeks back that I think you might find interesting.  I forgot to keep the original link (it was probably warseer, dakka or maybe here), but here is is

Unless you want him to be surfing, it will obviously be the legs that are the limiting factor to this conversion.  But I guess you could try buying Drazhoath from someone and stick it on, for the easiest option.

A magnet will be essential.

Kera foehunter:

Kera looks twice to see if that was truly Xander

Sweetie !! can i have a list of part you use Since i need to make one .

Its good to see you had time to do something this Freaking Great …

Next Question

This might be a little Harder

Is this a new Start for your army and will we see more ??

Kera

gIL^:

That would also make a decent Kdaii Destroyer, Greater Daemon of Hashut?

AGPO:

Always good to see you posting again mate, and in such style too! Top work. :cheers

Animatone:

Very cool in deed Xander!

Can you post a list of the bits you used in creating this menacing Lammasu?

Abecedar:

i think your well onto your way of realising what you wanted out of this conversion, its looks absolutely great so far.

Goltor Lintrepide:

Real nice model sire. Haven’t seen a nicer model in a while.

Xander:

That is hot beyond description.  Thanks for the pictures!  I'm not bothered by the large base size, as its typically the smaller bases that get to be advantageous.

Glimpse the Void
Cheers, Mr. Void!
What I like the most about it is the position of the forelegs and shoulders combined with the flow of its tail. These elements really give the model a lot of movement and bring the Lammasu alive! He's not just standing there, he looks like he's ready to jump or to cast a spell!

Skink
I am glad like the movement! The manticore body is so badly positioned, it was really hard making it work the way I wanted!
Nice :)

Some nice repositioning going on there, the head fits well too; show us more pics when its done!

Baggronor
Thanks Bagg! Will do. :)
Nice! Why not making him even bulkier and use him as a destroyer? That would be pretty cool.....

Bassman
I think I like his current heft. But he does kind of make a cool Destroyer...
think it looks awesome, nice dynamic pose.

LF to more pics

Yodrin
Thanks Yodrin!

I've saw a conversion a few weeks back that I think you might find interesting.  I forgot to keep the original link (it was probably warseer, dakka or maybe here), but here is is

Unless you want him to be surfing, it will obviously be the legs that are the limiting factor to this conversion.  But I guess you could try buying Drazhoath from someone and stick it on, for the easiest option.

A magnet will be essential.

Grimstonefire
I'll definitely be using magnets, that's for sure. :)

Cool find with that conversion! I found a conversion after I made mine, that's also very similar to my own:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/archive/index.php/thread-9559.html
Kera looks twice  to see if that was truly Xander

Sweetie !! can i have a list of part you use Since i need to make one .
Its good to see you had time to do something this Freaking Great ..

Next Question
This might be a little Harder

Is this a new Start for your army and will we see more ??
Kera

Kera foehunter
Thanks Kera. :) The bits are from the GW Manticore mostly and the Raging Heroes Shedu head. The tail is from the Ogre Stonehorn, and the basing elements are from the GW terrain stuff.
That would also make a decent Kdaii Destroyer, Greater Daemon of Hashut?

gIL^
That's sort of what I was going for, yep. :) I totally agree.
Always good to see you posting again mate, and in such style too! Top work. :cheers

AGPO
Thanks man! :)
Very cool in deed Xander!

Can you post a list of the bits you used in creating this menacing Lammasu?

Animatone
Thanks! Bits noted above.
i think your well onto your way of realising what you wanted out of this conversion, its looks absolutely great so far.

Abecedar
Thanks!

I'll post more pics when I do some more work!

Thanks for the comments everyone. :hashut

speedygogo:

He looks pretty sweet so far. I like how you Lammasu has a more proportioned body that the GW one that looked squished together.

Ghrask Dragh:

Wow, what awesome pose, this site was started and based around such creativity - cheers for that btw mate - this is looking really great indeed.

Do you think you’ll paint it in the ever popular red or go a little different?