[Archive] Xander's Mostly Finished Chaos Dwarf Army

Xander:

:mask

zobo1942:

WOW. Incredible!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

tjub:

Impressive! And after 10+ years it should count as “mostly finished”. :stuck_out_tongue: :hat off

Grimbold Blackhammer:

That’s pretty impressive Xander!

Xander:

WOW. Incredible!

zobo1942
Thanks!
Impressive! And after 10+ years it should count as "mostly finished". :P :hat off

tjub
Haha, yep. Just about 10 years. There are a few things that I need to touch up, but I might be moving to a new house so I wanted to grab a picture before they get all packed up... Thanks, tjub!
That's pretty impressive Xander!

Grimbold Blackhammer
Cheers!

Nicodemus:

Very nice army! I see you’ve got a couple of Hellcannons, Bolt Throwers, and Death Rockets (and Black Orcs), but is everything else conversions and scratch-built? Looking very impressive just the same!

~N

Grimstonefire:

Seriously impressive, but it does seem to be a bit short on bull centaurs?

Xander:

Very nice army! I see you've got a couple of Hellcannons, Bolt Throwers, and Death Rockets (and Black Orcs), but is everything else conversions and scratch-built?  Looking very impressive just the same!

~N

Nicodemus
That particular Hellcannon is scratch built. The other two are earthshaker cannons. So yeah, aside from the black orcs and bolt throwers basically everything is converted. :)
Seriously impressive, but it does seem to be a bit short on bull centaurs?

Grimstonefire
Thanks. Did you spot your acolytes, though? I finally painted them.

As for Bull Centaurs, I do have the bits to make some, so I'll probably make 5 before long. :)

Uther the unhinged:

Brilliant army! Pack them well and good luck with the move.

boyfights:

Very, very impressive! A cool shot too with all those shadowy spiky legions in the rear :hashut Good luck with the move!

Grimstonefire:

I did spot them, yes. Very nice to see!

Remind me/us you’re using FW bull centaurs? Or your own conversions?

Xander:

Brilliant army! Pack them well and good luck with the move.

Uther the unhinged
Thanks!
Very, very impressive! A cool shot too with all those shadowy spiky legions in the rear :hashut Good luck with the move!

boyfights
Haha, yeah, a bit shadowy, I still need to take some proper pictures.
I did spot them, yes. Very nice to see!

Remind me/us  you're using FW bull centaurs? Or your own conversions?

Grimstonefire
:hat off

Conversions. I've been toying with a few ideas, but I'll be using the Chaos Steeds from the Chaos Chariot for the bull bodies (with new tails) for sure. I'm not sure about torsos just yet, but I do want to have  them fit on 25x50 cavalry bases. :)

Admiral:

I’ve always been a fan of your army, Xander. Greatly inspiring stuff, in good quality!

The Hellcannon with its Storm of Chaos release holds a special place for me. First ever Chaos Dwarfs I encountered, and still the very best. Such good style on both artillery piece and crew. Seeing your army done so faithfully to that very style is a real treat. Here’s hoping for future additions to your force, more updates and some close-up shots when time allows.

Pivotal work, Daemonsmith. :hat off

Xander:

I've always been a fan of your army, Xander. Greatly inspiring stuff, in good quality!

The Hellcannon with its Storm of Chaos release holds a special place for me. First ever Chaos Dwarfs I encountered, and still the very best. Such good style on both artillery piece and crew. Seeing your army done so faithfully to that very style is a real treat. Here's hoping for future additions to your force, more updates and some close-up shots when time allows.

Pivotal work, Daemonsmith. :hat off

Admiral
Very kind of you to say! The Hellcannon was definitely a pivotal moment for Chaos Dwarfs. It's like the Chaos Dwarf style that never-quite-was. We had that one model and a temporary ruleset, and that was it. And our community really thrived on that one piece of inspiration to try and create an entirely new ethos for the Dawi Zharr. The armourers of Chaos and the binders of daemons. It has certainly been a rewarding army to build.

I'll definitely have to take a full suite of properly lit pictures, but I had to get this one up despite its quality. I just felt it was a minor crime, as the founder of the site, to not have an up-to-date picture of my army posted to the forum.

I think my favourite piece has to be my scratch built Tri-Barrelled Hellfire Cannon that I made for Golden Hat #8: a Chaos Dwarf war machine created for a video game digitally, made physical, and a Silver Hat winner. And I couldn't have been more pleased to lose the first place prize to Ishkur Cinderhat's amazing metal behemoth. Great times!