[Archive] Yep, I'm finally posting an army list

Hashut’s Blessing:

Title kinda says it all, really. I have a tendency to write a new army list every time I play, but I figured that it made sense to plan this Legion of Azgorh list and kinda stick roughly to it - having no monies and no longer having the discount means less playing around with the list. I may well sell almost all of my non-CD Warhammer so that I can fund this and start again with all armies properly. Anywho, tangent: here goes.

Sorcerer-Propet - Lore of Hashut

- Level 4

- Pistol

- Mask of the Furnace

- 370pts

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard - 33

- Hailshot Blunderbusses

- Musician

- Standard Bearer

- Deathmask

- Naptha Bomb

- Banner of Slavery

- 676pts

Hobgoblin Cutthroats - 34

- Shields

- Bows

- Musician

- Standard Bearer

- Murder Boss

- 209pts

Magma Cannon - 145pts

Infernal Castellan - Sword of Bloodshed

- Enchanted Shield

- Luckstone

- Ironcurse Icon

- 180pts

Daemonsmith Sorcerer - Lore of Metal

- 95pts

K’daii Destroyer - 325pts

2,000pts, 72 models

Add level 2 and Armour of Bazherak the Cruel to Daemonsmith Sorcerer - 85pts

Hobgoblin Cutthroats - 33

- Shields

- Bows

- Musician

- Standard Bearer

- Murder Boss

- 203.5 (204)pts

Magma Cannon - 145pts

Hobgoblin Khan - Ruby Ring of Ruin

- 65pts

2,499pts, 107 models

Hashut’s Blessing:

Okay, after a prompt on the FB group I managed to get a couple of comments at last.

I have no idea how I could’ve missed out the new chalice rules, so shall try to squeeze that in somewhere. I also think I only took the Banner of Slavery for the hilarity of Hobgoblins being Immunte to Psychology (look a dragon! Muh… or we’re all dying! Huh? or The masters is dead/running! Apparently so…).

So, the 2k list may be as simple as:

* Lose the Banner of Slavery

* Daemonsmith gets the Chalice

* Drop 3 Hobgoblin Cutthroats

Second list, I’ve got some thoughts on - primarily drop the second unit of Hobgoblin Cutthroats. Beyond that I’ve forgotten my plans :smiley: But I shall revisit them upon the morrow!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Right, made some changes! I thinkt he 2k list is fairly solid now. The 2.5k list doesn’t really add anything except more Lore of Hashut spells, some fun with a sneaky Hobgoblin caster and that’s about it. Was undecided on what to waste 60pts on, so thought of a solo warmachine hunter/character softener or a small unit of harriers. Regardless, I don’t think the extra 500 points I’ve added is great, apart from the second magma cannon. Without further ado, new list and I’d like some comments if possible this time, please!

Sorcerer-Prophet - Lore of Hashut

- Level 4

- Pistol

- Mask of the Furnace

- 370pts

- Hailshot Blunderbusses

- Musician

- Standard Bearer

- Deathmask

- Pistol

- Naptha Bomb

- 643pts

Hobgoblin Cutthroats - 30

- Shields

- Bows

- Musician

- Standard Bearer

- Murder Boss

- 187pts

Magma Cannon - 145pts

- Enchanted Shield

- Luckstone

- Ironcurse Icon

- 180pts

- Chalice of Blood and Darkness

- Pistol

- 150pts

K’daii Destroyer - 325pts

2,000pts, 68 models

Sorcerer-Prophet drops back to Level 3 (Now 335pts)

- 265pts

Magma Cannon - 145pts

- 65pts

EITHER

Hobgoblin Khan - Light Armour

- Shield

- Spear

- Giant Wolf

- 60pts

OR

Hobgoblin Raiders - 5

- 60pts

2,500pts 72 or 76 models

nilbog:

I'd like some comments if possible this time, please!

Here we go then!

- Level 4
                 - Pistol
                 - Mask of the Furnace
                 - 370pts

I'd have an enchanted shield and the 4+ ward from the brb for less points. Not sure about the pistol, the points might come in useful later.

- Hailshot Blunderbusses
                           - Musician
                           - Standard Bearer
                           - Deathmask
                           - Pistol
                           - Naptha Bomb
                           - 643pts

I don't think you need a pistol and naptha bomb. I'd take just the naptha bomb.

Hobgoblin Cutthroats - 30
                     - Shields
                     - Bows
                     - Musician
                     - Standard Bearer
                     - Murder Boss
                     - 187pts

No changes here.

Magma Cannon - 145pts

Boom! Insane cackle!

- Enchanted Shield
                   - Luckstone
                   - Ironcurse Icon
                   - 180pts

Make him a bsb. Drop the sword of bloodshed, an extra 3 S4 attacks aren't going to make any difference. If you want to spend that many points, give him the giant blade. I'd prefer mask of the furnace and either a shield or a great weapon.

- Chalice of Blood and Darkness
                     - Pistol
                     - 150pts

Again not sure about the pistol.

K'daii Destroyer - 325pts

Roar! Moe insane cackles!

2,000pts, 68 models

Sorcerer-Prophet drops back to Level 3 (Now 335pts)

- 265pts

Magma Cannon - 145pts

- 65pts

EITHER

Hobgoblin Khan - Light Armour
               - Shield
               - Spear
               - Giant Wolf
               - 60pts

OR

Hobgoblin Raiders - 5
                  - 60pts

I'd have another khan here rather than the raiders, he's more dependable. raiders are ok if you've got bull centaurs to intimidate them into behaving

2,500pts 72 or 76 models

Hashut's BlessingHope this helps!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks for taking the time nilbog - broke my laptop and decided to revamp the list a bit anyway. Will find it in a second, but to comment on your comments:

Dropped the pistol on the sorcerer-prophet anyway :wink: The Mask is better value, IMO - those 15pts include a 2+ Ward against flaming attacks and causes Fear, also leaving the Talisman of Preservation free to use elsewhere (although I think I haven’t even in the updated list, lol).

The Deathmask’s pistol was because I had 2 points spare and I thought it gave me an extra attack (which has been debated on the forum). Dropped it anyway - naptha bombs are good for making the rest of the unit shoot at half range, at the cost of 1 model’s armour piercing (it’s also thrown, so can ALWAYS stand & shoot - brilliant, I know, right?!?! /sarcasm :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Infernal Castellan - changed drastically anyway, but reasoning: extra attacks are always fun to have and infintely better than +3S. +3S is overkill considering +2S would be more than adequate for most stuff and adequate for the rest. This is the guy the Talisman of Preservation should go on (since the Mask is elsewhere) and I hate GWs for some reason, lol. But no BSB because he’d be in a Stubborn Ld10 unit anyway and it means if they run he’s down and out, losing me over 200pts for no reason. BSB’s are overrated in CD armies for me.

Daemonsmith’s pistol - for the sake of it, I think. Dropped again :wink:

Still unsure about the Destroyer - it never seems to do much in my games, hahaha.

Drastic change to the +500pt section as well.

Hashut’s Blessing:

2,000pt list:

Sorcerer-Prophet

Lore of Hashut

Level 4

Mask of the Furnace

365pts

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard

Hailshot Blunderbusses

Musician

Standard Bearer

Deathmask

Naptha Bombs

626pts

Hobgoblin Cutthroats

Shields

Bows

Musician

Standard Bearer

Murder Boss

154pts

Hobgoblin Khan

Light Armour

Shield

Spear

Giant Wolf

60pts

Magma Cannon

145pts

Infernal Castellan

Sword of Bloodshed

Enchanted Shield

Luckstone

Ironcurse Icon

180pts

Daemonsmith Sorcerer

Lore of Metal

Chalice of Blood and Darkness

145pts

K’daii Destroyer

325pts

2,000pts and 63 models. I’ve also just realised whilst typing this out that my Castellan is EXACTLY the same as before. Will play around with that…

2,500pt list: The Sorcerer-Prophet switches The Mask of the Furnace for Talisman of Preservation

Sorcerer-Prophet

Lore of Hashut

265pts

Magma Cannon

145pts

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

100pts

Leaving me with 10pts to spend somewhere… (66 models).

I think I left the Castellan as was because of the Talisman being used 30 seconds later in the larger list…

Time of Madness:

Alright, here we go!

I’m going to give you a hand with character setup

Prophet

- Talisman of Preservation

- Enchanted Shield

- Healing potion

2+ save followed by 4+ ward save (with potion for an unfortunate miscast)

Castellan ( BSB )

- Mask of furnace

- Shield

2+ save followed by 4+ ward save

Khan

- Stays the same as you have listed, if you have the points you can always add the dragon helm

Daemonsmith

- I prefer my level 1 smith to have a dispel scroll, but if you like the chalice keep it.

*Personally I think you have too many points invested in characters for a 2000pt game. Might be worth dropping the smith and/or khan and bulking up the hobgoblin unit.

As far as the rest of the list goes here is what I suggest.

Bump the guard unit down to 28 (30 with the bsb and prophet). Then deploy them 10X3 to maximize the blunderbusses. I also like taking the lichebone pennant to give the unit magic resistance, but more importantly give the bsb and prophet a 3+ ward vs annoying death magic snipes.

With the extra points I’d be trying to get the hobgoblins larger. 24 won’t cut it. I sometimes will take a unit of 20 with bows if I need to hit the minimum amount of core, but they tend to be more of a throw away type unit. With the blunderbusses I don’t really think you need more shooting. You may want to field the hobgoblins as a combat type unit 5 wide and as many deep as possible.

With only 2 units, a war machine and the destroyer you will be out numbered in most games.

Time of Madness

Hashut’s Blessing:

Tested out a slightly modified version of the list against Dwarfs today. Dropped the Deathshrieker and played a 2,400 point game. The Chalice was immensely useful and my K’daii Destroyer was finally useful (almost soloing a unit of 38 Hammerers with Runelord before burning out - leaving 5 Hammerers). The Magma Cannon unfortunately got taken out relatively quickly (one in the opening turn), but did huge amounts of damage, especially with the Daemonsmith’s re-roll ability. The Infernal Guard performed very well, but only because of their sheer weight of models - when there were only 7 left, they finally got to shoot once and killed nothing: I managed to draw against a tournament list when I was wasting 208pts (from having 10pts spare), so I may drop the Hailshots, although they have previously worked brilliantly. The Hobgoblins worked well for soaking up warmachine damage and didn’t do as much damage as usual before an unfortunate failed Panic test (reinforcing that I may as well find 25pts to get a BSB). The characters did surprisingly well, despite receiving the two Darkforged Weapons I hate (2+ To Wound or hurt yourself and D3 wounds). However, I agree that (whilst immensely fun to roll 6 dice for attacks) the Sword of Bloodshed isn’t worth it on the Castellan. Ironcurse Icon was a great idea, especially in a unit where each model is worth 18 points: even one roll of 6 gets almost 4 times its points back.

Regarding the above comments -

healing potion is great for the reason you stated, but the 2.5k list hasn’t got the Lord points to spare for it.

Castellan is the set-up I’ll likely use, but add in the Ironcurse Icon.

Khan was just to use up the spare 60pts and to act as a warmachine hunter, pain in the rear and maybe even a character weakener - he could be dropped fromt he list still if I find a need for the other points.

Daemonsmith - NEVER liked Dispel Scrolls. Partly because I hate one use only items, but mostly because if I can’t cope with the amount of magic coming at me, one auto-dispel in the 6 turns of it coming at me isn’t going to help. The Chalice however can screw up your opponent’s dispel attempts and casting.

Infernal Guard - already use them that way, but the extra 5 models allows a little damage to be taken before any loss of damage output and is extremely useful for such.

Hobgoblins - Was wanting it to be a larger unit, but the unit is more of a distraction that anything and the bows give me a bit of range to bring the enemy into range of the BBs. Also, why have the HGs act as my combat unit when they Infernal Guard fill that roll s perfectly? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think I;ve ever played a game where I’ve not been outnumbered - my primary army for a long time was Chaos.