[Archive] you want to see affordable Chaos DWarfs?

Aman:

…the best route to success is to aggressively campaign with your dollars to Tony Reidy at Wargames Factory:

Tony Reidy

clam:

I’m not that impressed with their sculptings, yet.

They are still plastic novices - and they have a lot to learn regarding multi posed plastic miniatures. So soft on details and some rather bad arms and head joins - not to talk about some general anatomical issues.

But for ever new release you can see, that they are improving. And the latest Orcs - ain’t that bad at all.

nitroglysarine:

wargamesfactory.com - wargamesfactory Resources and Information.

i have bought some of their stuff before to use as themed militria for empire, the quality is ok, not great, weapons don’t look right - out of scale with GW ones.

-horses above - slightly cheaper bodies for bull centaurs?

Aman:

those are ancient horses of correct scale - in other words, and in their words, ponies. You may as well buy GW generic medieval horses, the head is already seperate and they are, like everything GW does, oversized. So when you say that the “weapons don’t look right - out of scale with GW ones.” it’s really that GW weapons are hilariously, but heroically, oversized.

I can only go by the sprues I bought, and they are great. A lot depends on the sculpture, and for $1/ea, I can live with a few anomolies in plastic, it’s an easy median to work in.

Having perused these types of posts in the forum, I don’t see anything else that could work and might happen in anything less than a Forgeworld price range.

nitroglysarine:

...So when you say that the "weapons don't look right - out of scale with GW ones." it's really that GW weapons are hilariously, but heroically, oversized.

Aman
That i realise, but when trying to force them into a empire army, they need weapons swaps of they look silly. :o

Aman:

From Tony Reidy at Wargames Factory:

"From: Tony Reidy

clam:

I posted this in August: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7967 - but Felix hasn’t given any hints (as far as I know - only watching the English section of the AooW forum) so far. Based on rumours I find it more likely that they will be regular dwarfs then Chaos Dwarfs - but who knows? The poll was very clear :wink: - but the poll went up after the announcement of the coming plastic release. So the 3up was already made - before a poll could have affected the outcome.

But we will soon learn. Felix have previously said it will be announced early October.