[Archive] Your primary army, before Chaos Dwarfs

Willmark:

This seems to be an interesting topic. Now, many of us have multiple armies (or did) but what was your primary Army before embarking on Chaos Dwarfs. I�?Tll start

Before coming to Chaos Dwarfs for me? The answer for me is scattered in a few threads here on the site, but ready for it? I have a 14,000 point 5th/6th edition High Elf force that was my main army from 3rd edition on, square that one up I say!

Zanthrax:

I started with high elves followed by chaos from 4th ed and then turned to Hashut when I used an allied earthshaker.

That was 20 odd years ago and my now infernal dwarfs are still not finished in the 9th Age.

TheHoodedMan:

I started with some models for RPGs and then began to collect Skaven with some Chaos allies in the early 90ies. Now I`ve come back to collect these Chaos models again together with some MM90 Chaos Dwarfs.

Admiral:

Primary army: Dwarfs in Warhammer. Also, Dwarves in Lotr. And a while after starting Chaos Dwarfs, Squats in 40k.

As for secondary armies, a small gaggle of Goblins in both WHFB and Lotr, and a few Skaven (not even 500 pts). Fallen Dwarves in Lotr. And a little Ad Mech in 40k. Apart from beard-sanity, I’ve mainly just picked up a scattering of models that I liked regardless of faction.

Skink:

Well, what was Skink´s primary army before CDs you ask…

Yep, you got it, Lizardmen (unsurprisingly). When I was a teenager (5th and 6th ed.) I was a total Lizard nerd, I loved them, and I collected around 10.000 points worth of scaly critters before leaving home (been abroad for 13 years). I sold them maaaaaany years ago!

Uther the unhinged:

Never played warhammer as a kid. Did collect minis for D&D and a home created large scale battle system based on it. Then it was dwarfs, some gnomes , some halflings, some more dwarfs and a scattering of stuff for D&D. Then came the renegades and I fell in love.

BABIS:

My first approach with warhammer was with the forces of… the horned rat! but I never managed to collect a complete army (I am at 2/3 of the job now, but since I’m searching mostly 3rd ed models it’s not that easy…)

then came the total and undiscussed love for the father of darkness :hashut

and now I am toying with chaos deamons… vintage models of course! :wink:

Carcearion:

Chaos Daemons! :hashut

cornixt:

Chaos Dwarfs were my primary army, I got them shortly after getting the 4th edition starter box. My first other army was O&G.

Tertius:

I don’t think I have a primary Army. I have played Lizardmen, Orcs/Goblins, Chaos, Dogs of War, Bretonnians, Ratmen, Dwarfs…

…at various times.

Willmark:

Dogs of War, thumbs up. :wink:

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Chaos Dwarfs were my primary army.

Other than that, I like Vampire and Dark Elves, and dabble in both. Other than that, nothing else really appeals to me.

tjub:

Goblins and Squats!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Helblindi:

I started 4.5 years ago with dwarfs. A year later I got the Tamurkhan book, now I’m building both armies.

Zanko:

I started with the “Prince Ulthers Imperial Dwarfs” Box and the “Bugmans Dwarf Rangers” Box. The 3rd Box I bouhgt was the “Chaos Dwarf Renegades” Box. After that I collected vanilla dwarfs and chaos dwarfs parallel.

Now I own a Chaos Dwarf army, a vanilla Dwarf army, a (Dark) Elf army, some 3rd Edition Slaan models, some Undead modles and some Witch Hunter models for Mortheim.

:hashut

Dînadan:

Tzeentch WoC for me in Warhammer Fantasy and Thousand Sons for 40k. Had various stuff for LotR but no one primary army (possibly because I started when it was just Good vs Evil as factions and started as painter not a player, so collected a bit of everything).

Xander:

Chaos. Always Chaos. Back when it was a single book. But if I have to choose now, it’s Warriors of Chaos. Well, now-ish. I have no idea what’s going on in AoS.

Grimstonefire:

Mine was also High Elves. Then Dwarfs, with a side track into O&G and Skaven.

bas_2312:

Orcs & Goblins.

Which was also one of the main reasons I started playing Chaos Dwarfs; I got to use half my existing army as slaves!

Willmark:

Chaos. Always Chaos. Back when it was a single book. But if I have to choose now, it's Warriors of Chaos. Well, now-ish. I have no idea what's going on in AoS.

Xander
Agreed here. I thought the 5th Edition rules (not necessarily the power level) for Chaos was the best they have ever done.