[Archive] Zanko´s CD-Blog - new Taurus - clam inspired!

Zanko:

@ clam: I thought a little different pose would be fine! Even opponents from the side want to be slashed!

… the clipped off rest of the mini fitted better on the BC body with the view to the sight! That was the main reason for glueing

the two parts together in that manner.

:hashut

Zanko:

Now a small update!

Not very much stuff but work kept my hole attention in the last time …

These are some of my Blunderbusses … burdensome affair to paint them all!

I saw this Dragon some years ago. After Rackhams retreat from making lead minis I bought this one before I wasted my last chance to get the mini.
At this time I haven´t any good idea what to do with the Dragon but I´m confident that the inspiration will come …

I decided that the Death Rocket needs a new crew … here they are:

I found these two guys at my cellar … strange!

That´s it for the moment. I fear that this would be the last update for the next time cause I will have to work at the GH entrance …

Zanko:

Today I had the thought to resurrect my “Army Blog” - no sooner said than done!

These are my latest projects - despite painting some “ordinary” Chaos Dwarfs!

Primarily I want to finish my Fimir/Bogs. There is still much to do …

Then I created this Centaur Hero/Warlord - this is the result:

… and last but not least a Demon - that’s the result so far! After getting Da Crusha’s Taurus head I can finish the model!

To be continued …

Khan!:

I have mixed feelings about your fimir, although I do have fond memories of them in Heroquest. Meanwhile however, that centaur is great! Which company is it from?

Zanko:

I have mixed feelings about your fimir ...

Khan!
In what aspect do you have problems with the/my Fimir? The paint scheme, the minis or in general?

The Centaur is originally from" Chronopia", it's a Devout one - here is a pic:

The head is an alternative one from Hasslefree's Minotaurus/Ogre miniature!

clam:

:o you’ve used the limited ed Axenarf head for this??? I’m in shock - someone please call 911. Shame one you, Zanko. How could you?? - lol :smiley:

- but don’t get me wrong - it’s a awesome centaur - but that head!!!

Bogs looks very classic - would have hoped to see something new - rather than this old classic look. Hopefully, you’ll make the Warlord stand out a bit more.

The new deamon is the Soulflayer right? Very high up my want list, too :wink: But I bought the heresy instead and dont really need another daemon (like I don’t need more Chaos Dwarfs - lol).

An interesting fury variant - will you use the original head on this? Or do you have another shocking head up your sleeves?

Zanko:

@ clam: What’s the problem with the head?

I use the Axenarf as a Minotaur!

And so the head was left … imo it was a good idea to use em for my Centaur Lord! :smiley:

Concerning the Fimir I considered about other paint schemes but at the end I came to the conclusion that I like the background story and in this context I wanted to paint them in a “swamp” colour!

… and yes the Demon is the “Chronopian” one! I want to use the Taurus head for him - as a “real” Greater Demon of Hashut! :hashut

The Heresy Demon is brilliant but I wanted a model for conversion making! Perhaps I will buy the other one at another time …

clam:

@ clam: What's the problem with the head?
            I use the Axenarf as a Minotaur!
            And so the head was left ... imo it was a good idea to use em for my Centaur Lord! :D

Zanko
Yeah, what's wrong by doing that? It's you model - and can do what you want.

But reason for being shocked is, that:

This model will be available as a metal model at something like £10 - and will come with a minotaur and a bare Ogre one. So you buy a limited edition resin model at £35 that will only come with this helmet head and you choose to use 'the special limited item' for a conversion??

I'm a bit surprised - but as said it's your model/your money :D

Khan!:

I have mixed feelings about your fimir ...

Khan!
In what aspect do you have problems with the/my Fimir? The paint scheme, the minis or in general?

Zanko
Oh I didn't mean a problem, sorry if I gave any offense. Your paint scheme works just fine, and the minis look pretty much like Fimir should!

My feelings are mixed because on the one hand I feel like fimir should be relegated to the past (like, does the world really need more fimir?), but on the other hand fimir were pretty cool so it's sort of fun to shine the light of day on them again...

clam:

@Khan!

Fimirs should be relegated to the past ??? - ‘noooo’, Indy GT have just brought them back into the Warhammer World - and I think they fit the overall Zanko army very, very well.

Zanko:

@ clam: I wasn’t aware that the Axenarf model would be cast as a metal model! :o

And so I wasn’t aware that the head I used for the conversion wouldn’d be available in a metal version!

So imo my question/doing wasn’t that strange/ignorant you might feel! I think to make a conversion is better than storing the head in a box in the
            basement! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I bought the model using it as a Minotaur and not an Ogre! :wink:

@ Khan: You haven’t offended me! :smiley:

I was just curious for what reason you hab “mixed” feeling!

Formerly I had the same feelings towards the Fimir - but it changed and now imo they are really cool with an extraordinary (and political incorrect!)
backgrundstory! :cheers         

clam:

As said it’s your money/model - do with it as pleased.

- But if I just had known - I would have paid you a fortune for that head. I don’t want to pay £35 for a ‘plastic’ model - limited or not. I’m all metal. I did surgest Kev to do a helmet head variant for this - and would have loved to have had that head for my metal Ogre - comming in May/June.

Zanko:

As said it's your money/model - do with it as pleased.

- But if I just had known - I would have paid you a fortune for that head. I don't want to pay £35 for a 'plastic' model - limited or not. I'm all metal. I did surgest Kev to do a helmet head variant for this - and would have loved to have had that head for my metal Ogre - comming in May/June.

clam
The idea to buy the expensive plastic one was that I thought that there will be no metal one in the future, that I like the mini and furthermore I believe Sally and Kev should be supported! :)

If I had known that this model will be released as a metal one I might have waited too! Like you I prefer metal minis also much more than plastic ones!

And if I would aware that you would like to have this head - no problem ... I think we would found a solution, an exchange with the Minotaur head for example! ;)

clam:

Sure, we would have thought out something.

… and furtermore I believe Sally and Kev should be supported! :slight_smile:

Zanko
No one can argue against that - and I’m sure they appreciated you purchase. I was just talking about ‘proctecting your investment’ :wink: And to be honest, I’m still considering purchasing one - and for the same reason: to support the greats miniature company out there.

Zanko:

Here are my 3 Minotaurs - 2 AoW models and the Hasslefree “Axenarf” model!

Imo they fit great together! :smiley:

Kered:

Very nice. They are a million times better than the ugly gw ones. can’t wait to see them painted.

clam:

Ahh! Axenarf :smiley: Looks great as a Minotaur - and yes, he fits in with the AoW ones okay- a bit *skinny’ but all in all it works.

Ghrask Dragh:

Now that is a minotaur unit! :o

Impressive dude, cant wait to see those guys painted up, makes me think I should pick up a few of those AoW mino’s

:cheers my friend!!

Loki:

Thats one cool looking unit of minotaurs the aow ones look really good, cant wait to see them painted up :slight_smile:

Ronshank:

I love your minotaurs. I wish I could sculpt half as good as that myself. And don’t worry you are certainly not alone using limited ed bits and pieces I mean if your not going to use the rest of a model anyway find some use for them right.