[Archive] Zanko´s CD-Blog - new Taurus - clam inspired!

Zanko:

I decided to make an army blog:

Momentarily I have two different “projects”!

The first one is to make a new kind of Blunderbusses with BoSP miniatures. I work several weeks on this minis but there is only a very slow progress with them …

Here is an overview of them:

I struggle with myself if I should make “real” Blunderbusses or if I should let the rifles like they are?!?!

I´m not sure how to make them and if “real” Blunderbusses fit to my Slavehunters?!?!

:hashut

My new “project” are Bull Centaurs! I want to make three more of them to get a full unit of five! The two others are finished - they are visible in my Showcase Blog!:wink:

This is the beginning which began and proceeded this afternoon:

The plan was to use these minis …

The beginning …

The first result …

Here can you see that I changed my first choice and used another mini. The reason was that I wanted a “real” musician and I found that bagpiper …

That´s the result of this afternoon which was interrupted several times by my relatives! :mad

That¨s it for the moment!

Kera foehunter:

thanks so much for the W I P it cool i love your use of reaper figures.

and the new bull bottom from the other company

i also love the championship of the blunderbusses !!

put them all in a box and the one that wins would be good enough for your army

what an idea * Kera gives it a thumbs up *

Border Reiver:

Is the middle BC supposed to be playing the bagpipes?

Wonderful conversions, nice blending of the two parts.

kerbak:

your Bull Centaurs look Amazing!!, what do you use for bull part?

do you participe on GH9, which was yours?

your blunderbusses, I love one with a skull shape on its helmet,

Inside they Box looks that they are on party :hat off:cheersx.x

Zanko:

Thanx for your positive feetback!

@ Border Reiver: Yes the guy plays a bagpipe, but I forgot from which company the mini was :frowning:

@ kerbak: I used the bull part from Impact Miniatures, they are Blood Bowl Players!

And yes I took part at the GH IX, my mini had the number 4! You can see my new Standard Bearer which I also made in my showcase threat! :wink:

clam:

Thanks for letting us have a view of your works in prosess. The Bulls looks awesome - and I like the musician idea alot. Looking forward to see these painted.

Snotling:

pretty cool stuff! where do you get those mechanical bulls?

wallacer:

A Bull Centaur playing the bagpipes is genius.

I think blunderbusses fit in fine with a slaving themed army.  Got to quell uprisings somehow…

clam:

Hmm, Snotling :wink:

I used the bull part from Impact Miniatures, they are Blood Bowl Players!

Zanko
- but you’ll find them here:

Impact! Miniatures :smiley:

Btw: What’s the head on this guy? - it looks cool - could use heads like that, myself!

Loki:

Great work Zanko the WOC heads work really well with dwarf bodies, i dont think you need to add any thing to the guns they look really good as they are and fit the over all look of the model.

Clam i think that the head is from the WOC box and is in fact a standard top but i could be wrong am sure Zanko will correct me if i am :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Clam i think that the head is from the WOC box and is in fact a standard top but i could be wrong am sure Zanko will correct me if i am :)

Loki
I´m not sure!

I got the the heads from my nephew. He collects Chaos Warriors so I believe they were from the WOC Box like you mentioned.

clam:

It’s not from the 6ed WoC regiment box - that’s for sure :smiley: I’ve bought quite a few of those - so I know whats inside. Have you added the horns yourself?

Zanko:

@ clam: Your are right!

The helmet is not from the WoC pack, this one is from Max Mini …

I forgot hat I ordered them some month ago … yeah I´m getting old :frowning:

clam:

I’ll put those on my wishlist then - will soon be ordering stuff from those guys - so I’ll add a few helmets as well :smiley:

:cheers

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

The bull centaurs are excellent, and it’s nice to see the Maxmini helmets fit so well. Now if they’d be less pricey … :slight_smile:

Zanko:

I made some GS work at my BCs … not sure how it will look when it´s dry and I have time to see it at daylight!!!

Nonetheless here are some new pics of my (doubtful) efforts …

I hope you can see something of the new GS work …

… and here are also three of the far advanced Blunderbusses!

… here I used another MaxMini helmet!

… to be continued!

Loki:

Great work keep it coming :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Now my next update:

Not very much … I (probably) finished the work with the greenstuff and begun to paint the minis.

This is the result for the moment:

Criticism, suggestions and compliments are welcome! :cheers

Kera foehunter:

Love the bag pipes !! That is the first ever bull centaur with bag pipes Yea!!

clam:

Looks promissing :hat off

Only bit of criticism. Any particular reason why this guy:

is looking that must away from battle? - afraid of flank attacks? Should he not look straigt ahead instead?