[Archive] Zhatan the Black: Commander of the Tower of Zharr

Thommy H:

I LOVE your unit of iron breakers turned Immortals. Did you model the bighat-like hats on top of them? or do they come that way?
They come that way. I had all sorts of crazy plans to model big hats on them, but in the end there wasn't an easy way to do it without hacking the whole thing apart and I decided they looked fine the way they were with a couple of weapon swaps and new shields. The spike on the Champion's head was added though.
What rules do you use for Immortals?
I don't, usually - they're just Chaos Dwarf Warriors. But if I did want to use rules, I'd use the ones I came up with. These rules aren't exactly how I'd do Immortals now, but I'm saving the update for the next issue of Word of Hashut.
I once heard a rumour that blorc armour was supposed to be crafted by the CDs. but then again... so was rugluds armoured orcs (a big difference)... no?
I don't know if their armour is, but they themselves were, so that might count for something. I'm not a big fan of using Black Orcs for Immortals, but they're probably the closest you can get. You know, if you put a Hero in that unit, they'll be reduced to M3, and they'll get higher Ld. Just a thought.
I can't wait to use him with your Zhatan rules from the Hashut zine, one day.
It's my hope that people will do just that, yeah. The model came out at just the right time to go with the rules in Word of Hashut - the 'zine doesn't go quite so far as to make the link, but hopefully this thread will help promote my vision of Zhatan. He also makes a cameo in the story I wrote for WoH too, so the little guy gets around, apparently.