[Archive] Zombie pirates!

Fridericus_Rex:

Oh yeah! I’ve founded some on warseer.com . I hope these figures will be the new zombiepirates! Here they are:

Have fun!

FR

dancehat:

It is unlikely GW will make a zombie list though, infact I believe the talk leans towards no list… but GW have suprised us before. A Pirate list probably will appear sooner or later.

As for the models, I rather like em alot. Especially the captain, a proper captain that. The Sartosan vampire count or whatever to call him however looks more like a Carstein or Necrarch IMO.

Fridericus_Rex:

Do you think he looks like a Carstein or one Necrach? I don’t think so. He has got a map on his cape. He also got two chic sabre. But I think you also can take him as one vampir for you VC army.

FR

Grish:

GW has a Zombie Pirate list; Queen Bess, Rotting Leviathans, Animated Hulks, Bloated Corpse… its all there.

There’s a bunch of Zombie Pirate players on Carpe Noctem (http://www.vampirecounts.net/).

dancehat:

Do you think he looks like a Carstein or one Necrach? I don't think so. He has got a map on his cape. He also got two chic sabre. But I think you also can take him as one vampir for you VC army.

FR

Fridericus_Rex
Map and sabres, sure. I just dont think his general appearence feels very pirate-y at all. For a Pirate lord he should have atleast afford a nice brace of pistols and yeah, lacks abit of that pirate attitude.

Good mini though!

Grish: aye, there is. Just not all that easy to come by.

Kera foehunter:

I perfer more of a lively bunch!!that don’t have a vampier ruler!!!

He dead!!! dancehat they don’t have any need for pistols. the last guy maybe be cool . but the two others guys no way!!!

Snotling:

i wonder, if GW wants to make the inofficial pirate-list to an official… especially when i remember the list… it sucks :D. zombie pirates are so weak, but they look cool.

the vamp is no Von Carstein and no Necrarch, he is Luthor Harkon the Vamp who lives in Lustria and raids the country with his army of drowned seamen. of course, he don’t look like a pirate, but he don’t have to. the first pic i’ve seen from him was in WD20, and there he looked like this mini. i like this “collar-thing” around his neck ^^

but, why doesn’t the third gut look like a zombie? there are cooler zombie-pirates from privateer press, they rule! ^^

Fridericus_Rex:

>but, why doesn’t the third gut look like a zombie?

Der ist doch wie ein Nekromant. Er muss nicht aussehen wie ein Pirat.

He’s like the Necromancer. He needn’t to look like a
pirate.

>i like this “collar-thing” around his neck ^^

Ich finde das Ding auch voll geil ^^ Das haben damals die Aristrokraten getragen.

I also love this thing. That articles of clothing worn the aristocrats.

Kera foehunter:

Snotling mabe he just one of the curst pirates.Yes the zombie list is lame

yea that neck thingy,it would look better on a woman

Grish:

A link to the zombie pirate list is posted at CN if you need it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was going to say the vampire doesn’t look very piratey, but technically a pirate is merely a hijacker of porperty :smiley: Not to mention, he does appear to be Luthor Harkon and thusly wouldn’t be pirate-esque in the sense that we know. Still the first looks quite good, the second seems a little out of keeping with the Warhammer world (ruffles, I.E. the “collar thingy”, are very typically Tudor-period English, which isn’t represented in the WH world) and the third doesn’t seem quite dead, he he he. Still, they look quite good.

Snotling:

yea that neck thingy,it would look better on a woman

Kera foehunter
for a woman? would it be like a kind of a border wich shows, how close you can come to her face? "i don't like touching people, i have a 3" neck thingy". no i think it looks only cool on weirdos like him

minime from hell :)

if the "living" pirate is a nec, it would explain it, but it also wouldn't be cool, because it don't fit with the background. Harkons army is made of dead people... but then a living necromancer domes to him and asks "hey dude, i heard you don't have living units wich can cast spells, what makes your list bloody weak, so, can i work for you?"... "sure, but first you have to dress like a pirate..."
and the third guy doesn't even look pretty special, the PP-Pirates or the pirates from Black Scorpion look pretty equal... but i bet, they are much cheaper :hat off

EDIT: i wonder why Fridericus_Rex talks in a non-understandable death-language... Schnitzel!! :D

Kera foehunter:

Lol that true snotling!!! funny minni thow

Grish:

I personally think the zombie pirates are a dumb idea for an army. Completely ripped off from Pirates of the Caribbean, just cashed in on that idea. Especially with how they describe zombies in the new vampire book, put together with boards and nails to keep them together. The can barely walk, let alone shimmy up ropes, man cannons, and swing through the air on a rope with a saber in their teeth (a necessary Pirate skill!).

So many better ideas for armies out there… personally I’d be happy if Vampire Counts had Vampires as a hero/lord choice but were mainly focused on something like Liches and Wights. I don’t see why GW doesn’t release a new rulebook for CD even if it doesn’t have the models for them. I think a lot of people are attracted to CD BECAUSE they get the chance to do some interesting modeling.

Grimstonefire:

I thought they had stopped supporting DOW? Perhaps they will release one every year?

Kera foehunter:

if they ripped off the pirates of the caribbean. They would have a curse pirates group!!! now that would be better than zombies and they would of made a undead monkey!!!

well they did not make any figures they just put the empier and zommbies spuces together to call it an army!!!

P.S. if they where dead zombies pirates. Davy jones would still have them!!! They are still pirates and belive in davy jones locker.

Kera foehunter:

if they ripped off the pirates of the caribbean. They would have a curse pirates group!!! now that would be better than zombies and they would of made a undead monkey!!!

well they did not make any figures they just put the empier and zommbies spuces together to call it an army!!!

P.S. if they where dead zombies pirates. Davy jones would still have them!!! They are still pirates and belive in davy jones locker.