Ash Wastes Resurrection

And the Kings of War Hobgoblin Warrior Unit is done.

12 Likes

Almost done with my next KoW regiment. A unit of Grenadier Chaos Dwarfs, One mini is missing from this set of 10 though.

8 Likes

Love these! I dont think any1 makes these any more, i asked forlorn hope games about selling them. Its the 1st time ive seen them painted. You brought them to life, really nice.

3 Likes

Very nice to finally see some more of the old Grenadier models! :+1: @Zoddtheimmortal you didn’t look properly in my blog, the Grenadier models are completely painted and part of my army. I bought them at the end of the 80s and I still think they are great!

4 Likes

Thanks Zodd and Thanks Zanko. I’ll have to re-peruse your blog because I didn’t remember anyone having done them before.
I do have another set of them albeit a full set with their box.

2 Likes

Here in the Grenadier & AoW Unit with Battlestandardbearer you can see some of the Grenadier Miniatures, one of the models I don’t have anymore. It’s the “running spearman”, I didn’t like it so much and had converted it and then at some point the model was gone.

3 Likes

@Zanko After looking at the first couple of posts on your new blog, I got to page 19 of your old CDO blog last night. A smart man would have scrolled just a bit further on the new one. But its good to go back in time.

2 Likes

Heres the first step at putting them on a KoW Regiment base. The standard bearer is already the right colour scheme. So maybe it needs one or two more models to properly fill it out

5 Likes

I am always amazed at how different the models look with different colour schemes. Really fascinating … strangely enough, I usually like the differently painted models better than my own. I’m just not sure what the reason is … :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve decided to add a couple of ring-ins into my Grenadier Regiment. And a temporary filler until I acquire the missing model.

9 Likes

Finally got my KoW Grenadier Chaos Dwarf Regiment. I left a “plinth” for the missing mini, if I ever get a hold of it.

12 Likes

So I’ve been meaning to tell you that I love what you did with the runes on this guy, I think I can honestly say it’s the first time I’ve ever liked a CD with a helm.
He’s pretty damn cool :heart:

12 Likes

Thanks. I tried several metal colours and didn’t like them, probably because it was just shaped without decoration, so I added the spike as images of the german “Pickelhaube” have always inspired me. But I don’t have your skill with green stuff so I just drew runes on it. And I’ve always really loved how he’s looking away from the gun blast’

2 Likes

It’s about time I added my entry for the Awesome Golden Hat 38 to my Resurrection Archive. And fittingly I have titled it the “Return Of The Black Dwarf” (Return of the King was taken by some little known film). If ever there was the first Evil Dwarf Warrior Lord, then I reckon he is it.

The scene idea was that they were literally chopping their way home through a forest

10 Likes

The Pallanquins previous WiP was as the vehicle for GH35 for my creation of a Chaos Dwarf Warrior from an olde 40k CD squat. But after building the tower of skulls I couldn’t finish it

Palanquin WiP 20201007_224802

But it actually started its life as a possible base for a wheeled carrier for my entry into Artisans No 18 back in 2015 but it didn’t get much further than a frame and the wheels which are hiding

10 Likes

It’s been a while sorry. Between those bloody competitions our task masters keep throwing at us and trying to keep the wife happy, well life is full. I’m just about to sell some miniatures so I had to get out everything else. Anyway seeing the sorry state they are in, I got around to trying to cohesify all of their movement bases. These are whats in front of me for the moment

9 Likes

Having trouble finding the right paint to match what I’ve already done on the bases. If only this stone turned brain of mine could remember.

And I wrote this at the same time as my last post but didn’t hit enter

60th Birthday today. Got the Hellfane from my son, the painted Maghorin “Alchemist” from a great mate and Lasagna and cheese cake from my wife

12 Likes

Happy birthday abecedar!
The alchemist looks great. We dont see enough mantic cds around here. I look forward to seeing your interpretation of the hellfane

1 Like

Happy Birthday! The alchemist looks amazing! And I am jealous of your Lasagna and Cheesecake! Instantly hungry just reading it!

1 Like