Chaos Dwarfs 2400 Points - Swedish Comp 8th Edition

Hi Gentlemen!
Long time lurker , first time poster.

I’m attending a 2400 point tournament in late August and would like some feedback on my list from you more experienced Dawi Zharr.

The comp score is between 11-21 and we’re playing 5 games over 2 days.

I have two different lists that i’m planning;

List 1 - COMP 12
Lords - 415 Points
Sorceror Prophet - Lvl 4 - Lore of Hashut
Blood of Hashut - Earthing Rod - The Mask of the Furnace - Luckstone

Heroes - 338 Points
Hobgoblin Khan - Wolf - LA , Shrieking Blade
Hobgoblin Khan -Wolf - Dragonhelm , LA , Warriors Bane
Infernal Castellan - BSB - Black Hammer of Hashut - Enchanted Shield - Ironcurse Icon - Talisman of Endurance

Core: 943Points
30 x Hobgoblin Cutthroats - Mus, Standard - Shields
30 x Hobgoblin Cutthroats - Mus, Standard - Bows
37 x Infernal Guard - Full Command - Razor Standard - Great Weapons

Special: 155Points
3 x Bull Centaur Renders - Mus - Standard - Gleaming Pendat - Shields

Rare: 545 Points
Dreadquake Mortar - Slave Ogre
K’Daai Destroyer

List 2: - COMP 13,7 (rounded to 14)

Lords: 545 Points
Sorceror-Prophet - Lvl 4 of Hashut - Blood of Hashut - Great Taurus - Earthing Rod - Potion of Speed - Charmed Shield - ToP
Heroes: 315 Points
Daemonsmith - Lvl 1 of Fire - Scroll of Shielding
Infernal Castellan - BSB - Black hammer of Hashut - Ironcurse Icon - Enchanted Shield - Talisman of Endurance
Core: 678 Points
30 x Hobgoblins - Mus , Standard - Shields
25 x Hobgoblins - Mus , Standard- Bows
23 - Infernal Guards - Full Command - Great weapons - Banner of Swiftness
Special: 315 Points
Iron Daemon - Skullcracker
Rare: 545 Points
Dreadquake Mortar - Slave ogre
K’Daai Destroyer - 55

Thanks for any feedback / tips and tricks that my fellow generals can give!

7 Likes

Cheers mate, well met!

First of all - good luck for the tournament! Awesome that you’re representing Chaos Dwarfs there, way to go.

So I’m not familiar with this COMP value?! How is that calculated and what does it mean?

Obviously you’re playing the Legion of Azgorh list, but just to make sure: you do, don’t you? :slight_smile:

From these two lists I prefer the first one. Personally I love me a Sorcerer-Prophet on Great Taurus, but in a competitive setting he’ll just be a giant target. I’d run him on foot, like you do in the first list.

But I have some questions/comments about the first list:

• The Sorc-Proph and the BSB go in the Infernal Guard unit, yes? This will also be the juiciest of targets then :slight_smile: But also quite powerful, I give you that.
  • What is your battle plan with the Bulls? They are super tough, especially with the Shields, but only have 6 attacks total plus stomp, all only at S4. So don’t count on them to kill much, they are a mobile anvil, not a mobile hammer.
  • I wouldn’t give the Razor standard on the Infernal Guard. Sure armour piercing is nice, but they already have -3 armour save modifier and it costs a whooping 45 points. Banner of Swiftness (like in the other list) is better IMHO, or even no magic banner at all. Depending on your battle plan you might also consider the banner of slavery
  • How about the Potion of Speed for your BSB instead of the Ironcurse Icon? 6+ Ward Save is well, only a 6+, but that +3 Ini might just be the thing tipping the scales in that one round of combat where you have successfully cast Ash Storm on a target and your BSB swings the Black Hammer of Hashut.

When I add up your lists I come 10points short, btw. Dreadquake + Ogre and Destroyer are only 540pts and the core is only 941, so maybe there Is even more wiggle room.

This is how I would tweak the list:

• Hobgoblins only with bows and no standard
  • add a Daemonsmith (dispel scroll caddy and can help the Dreadquake)
  • ditch one Khan and get 5 Wolf Raiders instead. No magic items on the Khan
  • get necessary points by decreasing Infernal Guard

It could look something like this. Still with a nice 35 model Infernal Guard unit (great 7x5 formation. Or still as a horde for even more attacks!)

+++ Legion of Azgorh: Sweden (Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed) [2,398pts] +++

++ Standard (Legion of Azgorh) [2,398pts] ++

+Lords [415pts]+

Sorcerer-Prophet [415pts]: Blackshard Armour, Earthing Rod [25pts], General, Lore of Hashut, Luckstone [5pts], The Blood of Hashut [20pts], The Mask of the Furnace (Chaos Dwarfs only) [65pts], Wizard Level 4 [35pts]

+Heroes [383pts]+

Daemonsmith Sorcerer [120pts]: Blackshard Armour, Dispel Scroll [25pts], Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1

Hobgoblin Khan [58pts]: Giant Wolf [12pts], Light Armour [2pts], Spear (mounted only) [4pts]

Infernal Castellan [205pts]: Battle Standard Bearer [25pts], Black Hammer of Hashut (Chaos Dwarfs only) [35pts], Blackshard Armour, Enchanted Shield [5pts], Potion of Speed [5pts], Talisman of Endurance [30pts]

+Core [850pts]+

Hobgoblin Cutthroats [154pts]: Musician [4pts]
. 30x Cutthroats [150pts]: 30x Bows [30pts]

Hobgoblin Cutthroats [154pts]: Musician [4pts]
. 30x Cutthroats [150pts]: 30x Bows [30pts]

Infernal Guard [542pts]
. 33x Infernal Guard [495pts]: 33x Great Weapons [99pts]
. Musician [10pts]
. Overseer [12pts]
. Standard Bearer [25pts]: Banner of Swiftness [15pts]

+Special [150pts]+

Bull Centaur Renders [150pts]: Musician [5pts], Standard Bearer [10pts]
. 3x Bull Centaur Render [135pts]: 3x Shields [15pts]

+Rare [600pts]+

Dreadquake Mortar [215pts]: Slave Ogre [20pts]

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders [60pts]: 5x Wolf Raiders [60pts]

K’Daai Destroyer [325pts]

Alternatively one could decrease those Infernal Guard by further 7 models (for the 7x4 formation), give all Hobgoblins Shields for more endurance, the Bull Centaurs get a Ba’hal for that one extra attack and some magic banners get switched around.

+Lords [415pts]+

Sorcerer-Prophet [415pts]: Blackshard Armour, Earthing Rod [25pts], General, Lore of Hashut, Luckstone [5pts], The Blood of Hashut [20pts], The Mask of the Furnace (Chaos Dwarfs only) [65pts], Wizard Level 4 [35pts]

+Heroes [383pts]+

Daemonsmith Sorcerer [120pts]: Blackshard Armour, Dispel Scroll [25pts], Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1

Hobgoblin Khan [58pts]: Giant Wolf [12pts], Light Armour [2pts], Spear (mounted only) [4pts]

Infernal Castellan [205pts]: Battle Standard Bearer [25pts], Black Hammer of Hashut (Chaos Dwarfs only) [35pts], Blackshard Armour, Enchanted Shield [5pts], Potion of Speed [5pts], Talisman of Endurance [30pts]

+Core [825pts]+

Hobgoblin Cutthroats [169pts]: Musician [4pts]
. 30x Cutthroats [165pts]: 30x Bows [30pts], 30x Shields [15pts]

Hobgoblin Cutthroats [169pts]: Musician [4pts]
. 30x Cutthroats [165pts]: 30x Bows [30pts], 30x Shields [15pts]

Infernal Guard [487pts]
. 28x Infernal Guard [420pts]: 28x Great Weapons [84pts]
. Musician [10pts]
. Overseer [12pts]
. Standard Bearer [45pts]: Banner of Slavery [35pts]

+Special [175pts]+

Bull Centaur Renders [175pts]
. Bull Centaur Ba’hal [10pts]
. 3x Bull Centaur Render [135pts]: 3x Shields [15pts]
. Musician [5pts]
. Standard Bearer [25pts]: Banner of Swiftness [15pts]

+Rare [600pts]+

Dreadquake Mortar [215pts]: Slave Ogre [20pts]

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders [60pts]: 5x Wolf Raiders [60pts]

K’Daai Destroyer [325pts]

1 Like

Thanks for the great feedback! good idea to put the potion of swiftness on the BSB - the idea behind the bull centaurs is basically just to either be a nuisance on the flank or help the K’Daai when needed - the comp being used is found here: https://eefl.freeforums.net/thread/2409/swedish-comp-system-final-document
That’s the reason why i dont go over certain unit sizes etc. also we’re playing a banner scenario and that’s why i took banners on the Hobgoblins - regarding the Razor standard it was basically to fill out points but i guess i can change it around and add banner of swiftness instead to get them where they need to be. Check out the Swedish comp and see if it would change anything in the list you gave me :smiley: Cheers mate and thanks alot!

3 Likes

Oh, interesting!
So if I did the math correctly, my list should be a COMP 13,1
Banner scenario means every unit needs to have a banner, I guess? Well in that case I would need to free up 16 points in my list (technically 14, as it sits at 2398) This could by one of the following

• 1 Infernal Guard
  • Banner of Swiftness on the Infernal Guard
  • Blood of Hashut on the Sorcerer-Prophet
  • 3 Hobgoblin Cutthroats

edit / off-topic
Gnihihi, I just had to have a look at the High Elves in the COMP thing. Banner of the World Dragon isn’t even too bad, but has a great mechanic with how it’s calculated. But Jesus Christ, Teclis alone is -120 :joy: Oh boy.

2 Likes

Sweet! Comp 13,1 sounds reasonable ! yeah not all the scenarios but i know for sure at least one is blood and glory so i need some banners at least =) i will have som test games with the setup you advised and try it out - will get back once i’ve played it .
Regarding Teclis - haha i know it’s ridicolous . some of the choices in the comp are questionable but overall it’s really good ! Thanks for your input Jasko, Cheers!

2 Likes

Always happy to give my two cents with list-building! We’re all fishing in muddy waters here, all the more important to tap into the chaos dwarf hive mind :sweat_smile:

3 Likes