Chaos Gyrocopters

as I’m sure you can infer from my marketplace posts, I have no shortage. But thank you! It almost feels naughty converting stuff from the '93 range, they’re like museum pieces aren’t they?

2 Likes

Well, it depends how it’s done I guess^^ I’ve made Blunderbusses into flintlock axes but made sure to affect the original model as little as possible so it can be returned to near original with minimum effort. It feels worse to snap off the slot metal to fit them on bases though :roll_eyes:
That hurts every time I’ve done it (not that many though) :frowning:

I also converted Bologs and Cachtor the Albion Giants. But they were in very poor condition to start and I mostly added GS on top so it can theoretically be removed in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mate I 100% get this haha

1 Like

My personal philosophy is if you own the model and a.) you aren’t planning to sell it, b.) you have no other real plan for it, and c.) you aren’t likely to do anything with it within a reasonable timeframe, then go ahead and convert. It allows you to use a model you aren’t otherwise using which may otherwise languish in your model pile for years (or forever), gives you awesome parts for wicked conversions, adds lots of extra cool bits (from what you don’t use) to your bits pile for that next conversion. I long ago stopped fretting about chopping up FW and old OOP models. The results are almost always far better than the original pieces, and the leftover bits often find their way into future conversions. If you own them, use them. Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

4 Likes

I agree that everyone is free to use what they own however they like^^ And I love seeing all the amazing results of crazy conversions here on CDO and elsewhere :cd1991gif:

Personally I just feel better about chopping up old models that were in bad condition when I got’em than chopping up mint ones. But that’s a personal preference and I dont judge others that feel differently :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time is a huge factor for me. The longer something has stagnated the more apt I am to liberally smash it with the conversion hammer.

1 Like

Yes I think I agree with you. But @Jackswift is right, if something isn’t getting used it’s just sitting there. if you don’t sell it, converting it is the way to give it the life it deserves.

1 Like