CHAOS is among us

TO ALL MY CHAOS DWARF BRETHERN:
I have as late stumbled upon a odd but reoccurring anomaly upon our beloved Zharr-Nagrund. Working late into the night I have noticed odd and disturbing activities to the Easdt of my home Forge and Armory keep. Visions of Blunderbuss warriors upon FELL Juggernauts of Khorne. Has thgis unnamed Lord made a unsanctioned pack with the BLOOD one??? My borders are assailed nightly as I lose ground. I seek help to stop this aggression before the dark ones see us as the next way into the world. IF you see any of our brethren pay homage to these false GODS please respond. We must unite now, to stamp out the affront. LORDOFCHAOS

2 Likes

4 Likes

YEEEES, that is one of em.

I have called to the heights and depths of all of Zarr-Naggund for help against the raising forces of Chaos against us. Evan the Dark Council has dismissed this as more ramblings of a drunkard. YES, our family’s once great name of ShartzAll has been muddied as late.
But in my Great Grandfathers time, the mountains trembled from our armies march. I cannot set idly by as this afront goes unchecked. Well, also I seem to be down to my last Gold in my retirement. Soooooo.
With a great creak and thud, the old family Armory doors were thrust open by my old companion UGggg. He was actually more than a companion, he raised me after my father went West to fight in the great Dwarf wars never to return.
UGggg, pull the gate open I commanded. With that, a massive glowing white steel door was opened with a series of levers, gears and dials. At first a slow trickle of lava from the the mountain started flowing into the workshop channels cut into the floor.
Old boilers, furnaces and forges slowly came to life.
With a huge draw from my flagon I emptied my favorite beer Buttwiper. THE WORLD WILL ONCE AGAIN FEAR THE NAME
SHARTZALL DOOM the almost black. Praise Hashut.

Praise him! :volcano: :ox:

I woke in a pile of empty beer casks. The sun was bright today thru my towers small window. As bright as could be thru the constant soot and refuse haze.
As I rose and went nto my smalww window to my keeps lower grounds I was shocked. There was a mass of troops. My new small army?
UGgggg helped me dress and followed down the tower stairs.
Suddenly I had burst from tower, and all the Assembled dwarves rose from my exit. They all chanted in unison, ALL PRAISE HASHUT.

The army that which has flocked to my banner.

2 Great Taurus with Hero’s
2 Lammasu with Wizards
6 Hero on foot, W/HW may convert a few to GW
3 Wizards on foot including the one with mechanical legs.
4 Standard Bearers.
2 Musicians.
Big Ass Buff Black Orc leader, will mount on Big Ass Wyvern.

Core
45 Old School Chaos Dwarf Warriors. 20 are of the overweight single pose plastic ones. These may be converted to new Fire Glaives. Hashut forgive me.
33 old metal Blunderbuss.
33 new printed Blunderbuss gifted to me. Want to convert to new mixed big hats. If some kind soul out there can hook me up.
14 Bull Centaurs, 2 W/ Standard.
Slaves
16 Big Ass chunky Black Orcs W/ mixed HW
26 old metal Sneaky Gits
4 Hobo with bow , need more.
14 Hobo wolf riders with HW and bows. W Hero
War machines
3 Hell Cannons, 2 were scratch build before I could get a real one. They are 3 times bigger than proper one but have so much killy history. Just opened the old box one and found they shorted me a Chaos Dwarf, Bastards.
2 Earthshaker cannons W/ 3 crew Ea.
2 Death Rockets W/ 2 crew Ea.
3 Hobo Bolt Throwers W/ 3 crew Ea.

The Forges have been blasting hot all day and night to equip and dress the new army. AND so it begins.

4 Likes

Dear God, what a mighty army!

1 Like

BUT wait there’s more.
Woke up this morning to new troops on the stoop of our Evil Brethren.
2 Hero’s on foot.
2 more Command Group groups of 3 Ea.
24 foot troops with 2 Hand Weapons.
4 Unholy Bull Centaurs.
15 more Blunderbuss. With 88 now I think I need to build a bigger black powder factory, on my neighbor’s property line of course.
5 more Hobo’s, one with a bow.
And a Hobo on a big ole angry mean wolf.
I bought these just to check out the new Fabelzel models.
I thought if they were bad I would just cut off the big hats to use on other projects. I am truly a old metal snob.
I have been resurrected. I could not believe the detail of the sculpts.
They are somewhat maybe better then the old metal.
I took them all in and gave them a new home.
Now I’m going to have to pull down the Living room curtains to make uniforms for them all.
Next going to try to enslave some old Ogre boyz of the Mohawk clan to load our War machines. APH

2 Likes

HOLY crap monkeys.
I restarted painting all this crap setting around from 1996.
I remember now why I stopped painting them.
ALL the detail. I cant believe how much stuff you all knock out. All the models you do so well so fast.
But in a week I have completed two foot hero’s. Playing standard.
First 5 CD with big Axes red basecoats on.
15 black Orks welded together and based ready for prime.
Starting 3 Blunder B’s tomorrow. Love me some BB’s
There is a method to my madness.
But I’m all in, going to getemdone.

4 Likes
  • Use the biggest brush you can get away with.
  • People who say that washes is cheating are lying.
  • Do batches of 3-4 at a time, or more if you can stomach it.
  • Reward yourself with character models after painting X amount of rank’n’file
  • Adhere to the 3 foot rule to dampen perfectionism

Get’er done! :muscle::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

Very good sound advice. I’ll try as you prescribe. I’m used to painting a unit at a time [CHAOS] These are a bit overwhelming.
I will slack off on the BB’s for now so I do not take on to many.
Also I have not painted a thing in 10 years, Skaven plague.
Thanks so much for the help, support.
Praise Be Hashut

2 Likes

I reckon its good to try out a couple of paint schemes before you go all in painting big units.

Any more than 5 models at a time i find very taxing. Look forward to seeing the progress!

1 Like

O great Zodd, I’m finding this out. I put off the 20 CD unit for now, pulled out six to start.
Bought every red in my local Hobby Shop for the Scale armor base. Trying to reproduce a bottle I had left from 1985, I didn’t think there was enough for 300 models.
I think I am happy with the look, 2 wash’s later.
They are a bit on the Bloody look side but I like it.
I would like to post the first finished set on here if I may?
Thanks for all the help, it is helpful.
LLH

3 Likes

The extreme heat from the Forge still made my body feel worn to my evil core. 25 long hours I had toiled, nonstop. As I quenched the last of the Red Enameled Plate amour into the Quench of the Daemons blood .I again felt that sickening feeling as I always did. This was the same feeling my Great Grandfather had taught me back in the fog of time.
There was still barrels of this so called Daemons blood stored away in Grandfathers old sealed warehouse. It still seemed to WORK?
After the forging was done the Amour still seemed to drip blood constantly. You could even feel the power it possessed. After the Quench, the amour itself pushed against my manipulation. IT was ready. I had COMPLETELY Armed 13 of my new Warriors for battle.
They would give there pitiful lives to protect my Armory against any invaders.
This was just a start, but it was a start. I was exhausted, I yelled loud, UGggg bring beer…

1 Like

LOTS O beer.

Seems I have found my groove.
Another 13 troops done, after about 8 days again.
26 total now.
11 CD on foot with 2 hand AX. They will have shields, working on the design.
6 Blunderbuss.
2 Hero on foot.
2 Standards. One will be a BS.
1 Musc.
1 Magic user on foot.
1 Blood bowl Resin bull Centaur. No idea yet what he will become.
1 OLD CD marauder, will be on the Hell Cannon crew.
1 Genetically modified Goblin runt standard bearer for the Black Orc Mob. Cant wait to tell his story.

Next 13 I need to wrap up the 2 CD units.
Will do 9 CD with 2 hand AX
and 4 more blunders.

I’m building a replica of the ShartzAll family Forge and Armory to photograph the army.
Yes I know, but as my Dear old dad used to say:
Any thing worth doing is worth Overdoing.
Thanks all.
LLH

2 Likes

The sound from the court yard burned into my brain. Wjhat yhe fuu
It was really hard getting up from muy cot. UGggg, was there as always and helped me to my Bedroom window. The scene I saw was chaotic at best.
Numerous Dwarves ran about around the new wolf cages we had just filled with the latest slaves we had captured from last nights prevented raid on the Steel Ore Stores.
I screamed TelKurn, who was my newly promoted Sargent of Arms.;
WTF…is going on.
TelKurn stopped running around with my shouts.
My Lord, forgive our insolence he shouted to me.
The troops are hungry. We have emptied the store and we thought the wolves would be a good treat.
As I grabbed my purse i noted it was empty…again.
We need those beasts for our future patrol, leave them be.
Go to the armory, Last night I finished more weapons.
Take a few troops and take them to market.
DO NOT take less than 500 bronze for them…
Yes Lord, forgive our evils upon you.
With that he pointed to two nearby troops and ran toward the Armory.
As the week ended, I had armored 49 troops to our cause.
We had now secured our borders and are now planning a small expedition to explore our transgressors.
All Parise Hashut.

1 Like