Idk, scale creep I guess :man_shrugging:

Here he is against an older and current Troll. I don’t think it’s too bad

3 Likes

I know i know haha

mutters complaints like an old man

1 Like

I hadn’t only RA, with big hat they are 7 cm-ish tall so 3inch more or less

Oh, do you have pics?
88% is almost 28 mm (if downscaled from 32), which is smaller then many modern GW minis (which are close to ~30 mm). So I’m surprised they fit that badly in 88%, was intending to let them print in what would be close to 30 mm by this calculation.

I dont have the FW ones…yet. But Here are the two LK ones. Dont mind the missing horn from the Anointed, it failed.

4 Likes

Nice! Looks very similar in size to the FW one!

5 Likes

Servus,

If I’m not too late and if you’d like, I can make a size comparison of the models.

I have the original 4th edition as well as the FW, the small and the large ones from Lost Kingdom Miniatures.

3 Likes

1. 4th Edition Bullcentaure
  2. LKM Bullcentaure
  3. LKM Bullcentaur hero (test mini printed in original size)
  4. Bullcentaure FW 8th Edition
  5. LKM Anointed Bull-Thaur Hero

Excuse me, I haven’t printed the Anointed Bull Thaur from LKM yet.

5 Likes

This pic could be useful.

Concerning model 2, not original size means 87,5 %?
And also, how are LK bull centaurs compared to LK infantry, are their dwarf bodies & heads bulkier (as they are mutants and stuff after all) or same?

I’m asking, also before @steamblood , because according to my “research” printing LK in 30 mm should fit better to Forgeworld CDs, but here it sounds like 28 mm prints would barely fit on the bases. Are FW models just so much more compact that one has to print LK smaller?

1 Like

Hi

Well, the 2nd model is still a resin casting from the Kickstarter from LKM. I don’t put my hand in the fire for it, but I think that they are just as big as the STL files in 100%. I base this statement on the fact that the dwarfs I printed and the resin casts are the same size.

In this picture you can see that the LKM bull centaurs are slightly bigger than the LKM dwarfs.

Comparing the 4th edition dwarves with those from LKM, all LKM are significantly taller.

This slightly worse picture, shows a crew from Forgeworld which in general seems to me a bit taller and wider than the LKM dwarfs.

If you need more pictures or one with a ruler, please let me know.

I hope I could help.

4 Likes

Wait, now I’m even more confused. ^^
In your previous post, you have No. 2 (BC musician) without a comment, and No. 3 (BC hero) as test print in original size that barely fits on its base. I assumed No. 2 was also a print but in reduced size.
I thought LK sells STL files in 32 mm scale, where you have to scale down to put them into regiments of square bases, but that they also had a KS back in 2016 or something or resin casts that were 28 mm from the start (like the Crossbows I got from @Jasko that size-wise fit etsy-bought models supposedly scaled down to 28 mm).
Is this true?
If so, what happened to your bull centaurs?
I would have thought the musician is from the KS and the hero 3D-printed in 100% and thus in different scales, but now you say that you printed some in 100 % and they fit the resin casts from KS.

The confusion is understandable.

So:
LKM ran an Indigogo campaign in 2017

At that time, they 3D-modelled the models on the PC, printed the masters and then moulded and cast them with resin. I have almost all my stock from that crowdfunding campaign.

The models are all already bigger than the GW models (see picture).

The model no. 3 is a character and they are designed later and mostly a bit bigger than the standard models.

To make it short.

If you want to put the LKM on the standard 20mm square base and if you want them to be in the 28mm standard, you have to print all models to about 84-88% of the original size.
A well-known one even prints only at 80%.

2 Likes

Alright, so both your BC do have effectively different scale as suspected?
Does this “designed later” also go for STLs from different times, or just crowdfunded minis vs. STLs?

And what is this well-known one?

So the models (no. 2 and 3) are all original size. Should you now use the files and print them directly and unchanged in size, the models come out in the same proportion as my examples come out.

What I wanted to say, the BC Hero
Is simply bigger than the standard BC.

An well-known is probably wrong
translated by me into English. Sorry please.

I meant a friend here with me, who
printed the LKM dwarves

1 Like

Alright, I get it now, thx. ^^

But would your Bull Centaurs, even excluding the hero, fit into a regiment with a 125 mm front for 5 models?
I saw them printed for a KoW project, there they were only 4 in a rank (which is alright for KoW, but…).

Ah, so you mean well-known to you, not on the internet and thus with no pictures to link online?

There also is another question I had concerning the scale increase at LK over the years,
is “Immortal Guard” (the green printed unit @steamblood shows above) bigger than their “Big Hats Elite Guard” or same?

The bull centaur unit fits very badly into a closed formation, in principle none of the LKM units really fit well into the base envisaged by GW or Warhammer Fantasy.

Accordingly, I have made myself such a collection base:

And yes, unfortunately the Immortals are even bigger…

6 Likes

Oh, interesting!
Glad I asked, could have become expensive if I ordered an entire unit in the wrong scaling. ^^"

From what I read from your photo, the Immortal has 14 % higher an eye level than the Death Guard model. Or, the other way around, the guardian 87 % of the Immortal. This very much resembles the difference between 28 and 32 mm scale. But your guardians are too big for the bases already, or are the the minis you showed above being a bit smaller than Forgeworld’s and shouldn’t be reduced even more?
(And you are sure they are 100 % if printed from today’s STL files?)

1 Like

This has been very helpful, as I get ready to print the LK line. I have printed enough minis, so that I have stock figures I use in Chitubox to scale them properly, and when in doubt, I just pull out the ruler and measure up to the eyes and adjust that way. There is a scaler with height you can grab an STL for so you have a ruler right in your slicer, or the manipulation software.

I think I will actually digitally put them together and print them whole instead of gluing them, as those joins do scale, but usually distort out of Z axis and I don’t like dealing with gaps anymore!

Latest results from test prints (by my etsy seller) for looking best next to FW and RA (~30 mm scale) were:
Warriors (Bigats, Deathguard and whatever they are called) in 95 % and Immortals in 92 %.

And yes, and Bessron’s photo above the size difference looks more significant, so no idea, but this is the numbers I got.